polland spring at 30ppm, PH set at 5.7
watering set at 10min on - 30min off.
1000w MH hangs 3' from tops
room temp 77-80
RH 39-44
water temp tough to keep at 68. it's ridding 64 to 73
need chiller no cash left using frozen 1gallon water jugs which cause water
to drop drastic and rise drastic. have found brown build up/mold in res twice
and had to dump then sterelize everything with alchohol.

i have read and studied Earl as he is the man and also 420fieds freaking awsome scrog which is where I'm headed with all this.

the babies are in a temp set up as pics will show. I am now almost done building the 6inch pvc 12 site perm home.
but need help with getting my (hope to be girls) to that stage.
Earl are you out there???
420fied you there???

WHATS WRONG WITH MY BABIES?:welcome:

20100920-DSCF6270.jpg
20100920-DSCF6276.jpg
20100920-DSCF6272.jpg
20100920-DSCF6275.jpg
20100920-DSCF6273.jpg

ok so these are a few of them.

can anyone help???

ok sir, I'm no pro, but if thats a blue rubbermaid tub, i had the same problem in my last grow with the mold and plant sickness. Kept getting brown funky stuff in the tub plus suds, caused my plants to get ill as shit! only 1 of 4 survived. What did i do? i switched it to its own DWC black 5 gallon bucket. i think light was getting into the blue rubbermaid bastard but not sure. anywho, thats my 2 cents! hopefully someone a lil more able'd helps you dude! cuz it sucks!!!!!!!!

good luck big dude!

EDIT: also big temp changes like that can make shit act goofy too :/

shit also EDIT: o yeah and idk if you know this already, but if the leaves fold up like that, it USUALLY means temps are high (ie. light is too close). plants will do that to adjust to it, b/c that will decrease surface space on the leaves. its not the end of the world, that does no damage but ya needa fix it if thats the case at some point in time

:morenutes: They look hungry
You sure picked a picky set-up: Aero for your first?
Give them light, water, air and fertilizer @ 600 - 900 ppms.
If your res is already shaded, I can't advise on algae.
+ rep for chutzpah :goodluck:

PS, I took another look and they're ready for permanent placment. They're just a bit pale.
I think they'll grow past those semi-ugly leaves just fine.

Oh, wow. Gator! thanks your advise is verrry apreciated. i've read lots of your
post/threads to learn what to do.

yeah aero for my first but I'm up for the challange and learning. i am sooo
into figuring this out. i think i am with my babies 5 times a day. the other day
I found myself playing my guitar in the babies 10 x 11 room. not playing to them just playing. maybe thats why they're pale (lol).

seriously though i did think they may be pale due to a little over watered so cycle was 10min on 30min off. switched to 5/30.
but damb i just added nutes 1150ppm at .7conv on my Hanna ppm/ec/temp
ph is now finally sittin at 5.5 tonight. i'll check in da mornin.
water temp at 65F

you think they'll freak out going from 35ppm to 1150ppm?? damb it.

as for there home I'm trying to get it built. almost done building manifold by 2morrow. 4 - 6inch tubes each 5ft long pvc 12sites at 3inch netpots 950gph.

i will be starting a journal. is that same as this thread

All Or Nothing...

There are so many grow threads, nobody can read them all. I miss a lot
you think they'll freak out going from 35ppm to 1150ppm?? damb it.
Thats what I'd have done. The girls should have already said "Thankyou Daddy"
Hydro time! Maybe a little less, but 1100 is ballpark.
Fundamentals count, tricks are for your 2nd or 3rd run.

If you can run a breeze through your spray box, evaporation will cool the water.
Use vertical tubes to keep the water in there, and out of your tiny fan. :idea:

hey Gator,
There are so many grow threads, nobody can read them all. I miss a lot

Thats what I'd have done. The girls should have already said "Thankyou Daddy"
Hydro time! Maybe a little less, but 1100 is ballpark.
Fundamentals count, tricks are for your 2nd or 3rd run.

If you can run a breeze through your spray box, evaporation will cool the water.
Use vertical tubes to keep the water in there, and out of your tiny fan. :idea:

thanks for the bright idea!! I'll use that if and when I need to use the box again. it was just a starting poit and temp home for the kids which by the way are doing pretty ok as you will see in this continuation of this 1000w
project.

so here goes... been gone a week but had to concentrate on the babies which are not babies any longer. as follows I am adding pics to show all the adventure i am taking with my first 12 site, aeroponic, soon to be SCROG
grow. i'll begin with with a few pics of parts i am using.

here you'll see the tees you'll need for feeding water/nutes to your plant site. one quick connect male adapter, one PVC or Brass Tee per plant which will use two sprayers. one on left
and right side of plant. I went all PVC some would perfer brass but I like the
quick release PVC.
(it's your set up do as you please)
20100923-DSCF6281.jpg
20100923-DSCF6282.jpg

Next you'll need tubing. I'm using 2inch PVC for my 950gph pump.
how much? depends on your rez dimentions. "Measure twice cut once"
drill holes screw in male adapter.
20100923-DSCF6284.jpg
20100923-DSCF6283.jpg
20100923-DSCF6286.jpg
20100923-DSCF6287.jpg

20100923-DSCF6285.jpg

i am not using PVC glue!! I want to be able to take it apart if it gets cloged up. the presure after testing it, isn't pushing it apart.'So Far"
20100923-DSCF6288.jpg
20100923-DSCF6289.jpg
20100923-DSCF6291.jpg

I love the sound and look of running water. I think that'll be my new name.
"Running Water"

ok, what's next ummm....oh! for the plants final home i'm going with 6inch
PVC tubes. 4 of them at 5' long 3plants per tube gives em nice room.
i have caped the back ends of tube no glue. just a little silicone to stop minor leaks the front end has screw on caps.
DSCF6319.jpg
DSCF6321.jpg

then i drilled holes in the tubes for bulkhead drainage and installed bulkheads. i also drilled a hole in my rez bin to allow water to flow back in
here is the pic.

DSCF6320.jpg

this what she looks like empty.

20100923-DSCF6293.jpg

and now full of yummy delicious nutes.

DSCF6297.jpg

Hey GATOR! if your reading this. you were so right about the nutes. i was a bit scared i would shock them by going from 35ppm for a week to 1000ppm but they are looking like this...

DSCF6317.jpg
DSCF6315.jpg
DSCF6314.jpg
DSCF6313.jpg
DSCF6309.jpg
DSCF6312.jpg

DSCF6298.jpg

hey guys here is a top and bottom or in and out view.

DSCF6304.jpg

unfortunatly due to stress they are in there 4th week and the tallest one which by the way is a girl is only about 5 1/2"
sexed her about 2days ago and was very happy. i was hoping that this specific one was a girl as she is very healthy and she is.
DSCF6312.jpg

DSCF6317.jpg
DSCF6313.jpg
DSCF6309.jpg

the not so good news is that the 2nd tallest one is a male and i think i will keep him for later use.
in this pic the girl is front far right and the male front far left. the rest have not shown
any signs that i know of to determine sex. the two small problem children
are just serviving. i'm letting them run there course.

DSCF6305.jpg

my ambient temp and RH are..
DSCF6322.jpg

THE BIG QUESTION/S:

i have 7' ceilings. i was going to veg till 9" as i have read that hight may double that would put me at 18". is this right?

this 1000w MH seems to be keeping them very squatty/slow to grow but bushy which is nice.
should i start veggin with my 1000w HPS to get them to stretch or should
i wait. i'm at 4weeks now and at least two of em have shown sex.

What Now????

I found it , you have quite the set-up, you look to be figuring it out feed them and they will grow, i have not tried your way yet so i know nothing , it looks to be coming together pretty girls though :tokin:

Here's a link to this journal. Pick it up from Quote button: 9 Plant 1000W Aeroponic Caramelicious From Seed
You can then paste it wherever you like, like in your signature.

nice!... cool deal. on my way to check on them. weater temp sucks. hittn 75+

was cooler with B.S. blue rubbermaid. shit.
but rez got it's back to the east now as before it was south and was more rectangle not so square and front door is at the south pole. umhm WOW!:tokin::popcorn::):smokin::cool::reading420magazine::grinjoint:

Girls got all fat and sexy when you fed them? :smokin:
MH won't keep them short, starvation did that.
If you're going to scrog like 420fied, you'll be vegging awhile.
Flip them now and they'll hit 2', if your waterworks work.

Thanks Gator.

ok so today is the day! i'll be flippin the lights after i'm done hangin here for a bit reading some tasty threads :reading420magazine:and :cool:

when should i pull the males out. i'm gonna keep one of the two in soil the other is going byby.

Hey MBS, I just got caught up. I'm not sure what your growing goals are regarding the decision on the males. Are you growing just for medicine or are you doing some for seed or breeding too? If I were growing just for bud, I would ditch anything that presented as a male that clearly. However, if you want seeds, no worries.

If you don't want seeds, ditch the males now to reduce crowding so your remaining plants are less crowded. Less crowding = More light penetration= better yields. I would also mist your plants to the point of runoff with plain water from a spray bottle. This will neutralize the male pollen if any has been released. Do this right before you remove the males so the pollen is less likely to move when you move the plants. I got a few seeds in my first grow but not many. 15-25 or so.
I am now realizing the bagseed I grew was better than the stuff I've been buying at the clubs. Their stuff has great bag appeal and is decent smoke but not exactly strong medicine. My stuff is fluffy but good smoke and really good medicine. I plan on growing out a few of these seeds sometime in the future when I have a full pantry, so to speak. Just sayin', a few seeds is a good thing if you like the smoke.

Best of luck. I'll keep watching:goodluck:

Those ballsy guys gotta go, unless you're growing for seed. Seeded weed is just as good, but you get less of it when the female puts her energy to making seeds. Seeing those fat indica looking leaves, and the fast production of balls makes me think: Why cut back the light now to 12s, what's the hurry? I doubt that they will suddenly shoot up tall and will flower regardless.
All choices in your grow are yours. Knowing your options counts when making plans. PotPie gave you good scoop, as I try to do but... We're not there

Back
Top Bottom