First Time Grow

MadMardo

Hello this is my first time grow. I have creeped the forums here for a while and now finally got the courage to try a grow of my own.

I hope to get some constructive feedback as I am very amateur :)

I purchased 15 feminized white widow from bcseedking. I was too afraid to get into telling the difference between male and female as not catching it in time was a grow killer.

I then went out a bought my lighting using 10 150w 6500K CFL for vegitative and 10 150w 2700k for flowering.

Soil is void nut starting soil and some potting soil .05 .05 .05. I mixed the two together to give it a loose consistency for rooting.. not sure if im on track with the soil.

Currently I have 2 fans and I know temp is going to be a short issue as im running 82 degrees atm.. I will add more fans soon. I noticed it dropped to 75 degrees when I pulled the lights back a bit.

I am using spring water and I have purchased some 30 5 30 nut for latter growing.

This is some of the lighting
DSCF4305.jpg

More lighting gear
DSCF4307.jpg

The closet
DSCF4308.jpg

Inside
DSCF4309.jpg

Lights inside
DSCF4310.jpg

Pot Soil
DSCF4311.jpg

Temp
DSCF4312.jpg

Fans
DSCF4313.jpg

I started Germination using the paper towels and a plate.. after 48 hours they started sprouting tails.

Germination
DSCF4300.jpg

i got so excited when the germed i planted them immediately in about 1/2 inch of loose soil... I was so excited I forgot to get a picture..

once every other day is ok for watering, just make sure to not let your medium dry out.

set-up and lights look good, soil will work fine. Ya'know for $70 you could get a 150w hps enclosed ballast system.... Would work wonders once you induce flowering.

Atm im going to have to run with what I have as I didnt budget well enough and went into the red a bit to get this off the ground. However, I am accepting all suggestions for better grows in the future by adding to or changing my set up.

one started to break through the soil yesterday but the other was still hiding.. I was getting worried about it last night but I saw the second making her breakthrough this morning. I will have pics tonight :) excited!

Thank you for the input on nuts everyone... I think that would have been a mistake I would have made.. its really hard to resist babysitting them every hour on the hour.. Im just going water and let nature do its job until im at about 4 weeks

Currently Im using 18/6 lighting schedule and giving them a about 10 sprays of water each morning from a mist bottle.

Thank you for the input on nuts everyone... I think that would have been a mistake I would have made.. its really hard to resist babysitting them every hour on the hour.. Im just going water and let nature do its job until im at about 4 weeks

Currently Im using 18/6 lighting schedule and giving them a about 10 sprays of water each morning from a mist bottle.

Best advice I can give you bro is to just leave them alone. It takes a couple grows to get to this point, but I only check on my ladies once a day. I forget about them the rest of the time. You see much more growth when you look once a day, rather than looking a hundred times a day. This will drive you crazy over time! If you can do this, you will be much more satisfied with what you see everyday. It also seems to make the grow pass quicker. I have been going for about 2 months, and it seems like I just cracked seeds yesterday.

Good luck bro, and let us know if you need any more help/advice! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom