Kara's Bible - Hybrid DIY Recirculating DWC System - Master Kush Grow

karagrows

Great Pot Smokers of America. Today I bring to you what so many of you have brought to me. Knowledge. A design, a system, and a process that I will prove to you is superb, and functional with minimal time, skill, and effort . I have taken all the best knowledge from all of you and have applied it to a system that takes into account everything I've learned, tested and have found to work the best from you, and some professionals in the growing industry. I've taken two years to tryout and simplify everything. And now I give it to you....Hope you enjoy...

A door..... Appears to be a closet.....

DSC_0172.jpg

But...... Has a false wall that opens to the "Room"... I Always wanted a "secret" passage....

DSC_01731.jpg

Our first stop is cloning.

DSC_01741.jpg

I've done the peat pellets, done the rockwool, and I've done the aeroponics. aeroponics is hands down the fastest, most reliable, and error proof.

I will show you how I obtain 100% success and root in 5 days every time.....
I made a clone machine that performs the same as an EZ-cloner. except this one only has the 12 neoprene insert sites I need, fills and drains without moving the unit, and only cost about $50 bucks to make... All my clones have just rooted, and look beautiful.

DSC_01831.jpg

(I will post root pics tomorrow I hope)...
IMPORTANT! Here is my formula for perfect clones:
Cut clones with at least 3" of stem.
Cut stem in 45, take X-acto and shave slightly on bottom sides of stem to expose a bit more "meat".
Immediately roll cut end in Rootech cloning Gel
After all cuts are done and in place, fill the clone machine with 10 gallons of 6.0-6.2 PH water.
Add 5 teaspoons of Dyna-Gro Pro-Tekt
Add 5 teaspoons of Dyna-Gro KLN
Mix well, then turn on machine. Keep temps at 76-80 degrees F.
Runs this solution for 3 days only!
On day 4, empty cloner, and fill with, in exact order:
50ml GH Flora Micro
50ml GH Flora Gro
50ml GH Flora Bloom
Mix each well, before adding the next....
Run this solution for 18 days...
My clones are starting on week two. They are healthy, and doing well as expected. I will post pics of the roots tomorrow...

Here is my Mixing area.

DSC_0175.jpg

The top shelf contains (2) 600w HPS ballasts to power the Bud room. The middle shelf has my GH and Dyna Gro Nutrient setup, and a DIY sink for convienince.
The bottom shelf has my 28 gallon reservoir for the bud room.

DSC_01771.jpg

DSC_0178.jpg

DSC_01801.jpg

The Veg Room is a re-circulating drip system.

DSC_0179.jpg

DSC_0186.jpg

DSC_01871.jpg

DSC_01881.jpg

DSC_0189.jpg

I chose this as the Vegging technique to establish a solid root system prior to inserting them into a DWC system during budding. This allows time for roots to work through the Hydroton rocks to reach the bottom of the 8" basket to prepare for DWC. This system will be on an hour, off and hour for 3-4 weeks.

DSC_0184.jpg

The Nutrient Feedings during "Veg" for a 28 Gallon reservoir are:
280ml Flora Micro
420ml Flora Gro
140ml Flora Bloom.
Change once a week.....
That is it for VEG! Simple, easy, nothing changes. It is perfect.....

Here's where I store my extra pots, supplies, and Hydroton...

DSC_01902.jpg

Here is the Bud Room (right side).... (2) 600w HPS... I have an 8 plant capacity.
my temps are a constant 78 degrees, lights on or off.
Humidity is 30%.

DSC_01921.jpg

DSC_0193.jpg

My two mother plants.. I have them over here while I was fine tuning the Veg area....

Here is the controller area. It is a 8 port air pump. All the air lines and water lines are routed under the table, and each bucket has an Ebb and Flow fitting at the bottom. It is a gravity system.

DSC_0194.jpg

Air Scrubber....

DSC_01991.jpg

The reservoir is higher than the buckets, allowing gravity to fill all 8 with 3+ gallons each. In the middle of the table I have a hatch that contains a shut off / drain valve to empty the system each week.

DSC_02093.jpg

The Bud Formula is:
Flora Micro 280ml
Flora Gro 140ml
Flora Bloom 420ml
It is the same as the Veg, except you flip the Gro and Bloom.... Also, Starting on Week 2 of Budding add 105ml B-Cuzz Bloom. Stop at the end of week 7... Once again, simple, and a perfect concentration without any burn....
Next is the SCROG assembly. Once the plants move over to bud, the SCROG panels will go in...

DSC_0201.jpg

DSC_02023.jpg

DSC_02033.jpg

DSC_02042.jpg

A few More Pics of everything....

DSC_02073.jpg

Close up of mommas.

DSC_01981.jpg

DSC_01971.jpg

And finally, the first entry of the Grow:

WEEK 2 Cloning:Lights: 24hrs Fluorescent (2) 32watts
Nutrients: 50ml each of GH Micro, Gro, Bloom
Temp: 79 degrees

Questions so far?

Re: Kara's Bible: Hybrid DIY recirculating DWC system - Master Kush grow

I must say that is one impressive laboratory you have there. You can't even call that a grown space. That room looks like a doctors office!

Can't wait to see what comes out of all the hard work and $$ you have obviously dumped into this!!

:goodluck:

The cost of the room and all equipment was under $3000. I did all the construction, electrical, and finish work myself. (with the exception of a buddy helping me carry stuff downstairs....) Took about 120 hours to build everything... Here was the original plan:
dwc_5.jpg

But I changed it up as I went.

Thanks Smokey. My last few setups all had flaws and inconveniences, I was tired of it. Hopefully I solved my problems... Well, I have one already. My DIY cloner leaks by one the the handle areas. I lined the lid with waterproof foam weatherstripping crap. it works great except this one spot, I've battled to get a small drip to stop... If I can't get it to stop, I will try a different tub or something. Maybe I should just take my ass to my Hydo store and by an EZ Cloner....:blunt:

WEEK 2 - Day 2- Cloning:Lights: 24hrs Fluorescent (2) 32watts
Temp: 79 degrees

DSC_01751.jpg

Yeah, 100% roots on all. No problems.

DSC_01721.jpg

My favorite... Might be the next Mother.....

DSC_01742.jpg

Speaking of mothers... Here is Momma 2, doing great, healthy as ever... Lovin' the new space.

DSC_01761.jpg

Wow, who needs an ez-cloner when you have root production like that! For a simple solution, I would say just sit your whole clone tub into a tray. That would catch the drip you are getting, and if it is minimal the water will just evaporate.

That was my thought.. Why pay $250, when I can pay $50 and get the same results. Great Idea with the tray Smokey. Unfortunately, I have the drain plug in the bottom of the cloner going through the counter surface... The tray would have to have a hole too... Maybe a tub with a semi-recessed top, so the water drips off before running to the sides of the lid?

Wow, :adore: what a set up!

Reps+

I'm sooo glad I dropped in.

:welcome: Kara!!! What an incredible set up!!!! :bravo: I am definitely in on this one!! :popcorn:

Dont know if this will help, but... I built my own cloner also. I found it leaked once after I had moved it. I had filled it so much it bowed out and allowed leakage. I took out a bucket of water and it was fine!

:welcome: Kara!!! What an incredible set up!!!! :bravo: I am definitely in on this one!! :popcorn:

Dont know if this will help, but... I built my own cloner also. I found it leaked once after I had moved it. I had filled it so much it bowed out and allowed leakage. I took out a bucket of water and it was fine!

I took out about a gallon or so. It appears to have stopped... Nice thinking Tmac!!!!

Hey Kara, I was curious what rooting hormone are you using that is doing that to the clones roots...I think I want some....:thumb:

:peacetwo: (Really is a beautiful clean setup, you did a great job!) +5 stars and rep

Hey Kara, I was curious what rooting hormone are you using that is doing that to the clones roots...I think I want some....:thumb:

:peacetwo: (Really is a beautiful clean setup, you did a great job!) +5 stars and rep

After cutting, I immediately coat cut area in Rootech Cloning Gel.
In the tub for 10 gallons of water then I add 5 teaspoons of Dyna-Gro Pro-Tekt and 5 teaspoons of Dyna-Gro KLN.
I run this for 3 days only!!!
After that, I drain it and fill it with 10 more gallons of 6.2 PH water and 50ml each of Flora Micro, Gro, Bloom.... Total time in cloner will be 3 weeks..... When they leave the cloner to head to the Veg area, they have no stress, and have already started new leaf production... And thanks again on the compliment...

After cutting, I immediately coat cut area in Rootech Cloning Gel.
In the tub for 10 gallons of water then I add 5 teaspoons of Dyna-Gro Pro-Tekt and 5 teaspoons of Dyna-Gro KLN.
I run this for 3 days only!!!
After that, I drain it and fill it with 10 more gallons of 6.2 PH water and 50ml each of Flora Micro, Gro, Bloom.... Total time in cloner will be 3 weeks..... When they leave the cloner to head to the Veg area, they have no stress, and have already started new leaf production... And thanks again on the compliment...

Thank you very much for the info...:thumb:

:tokin: :peacetwo:

WEEK 2 - Day 4- Cloning:
Lights: 24hrs Fluorescent (2) 32watts
Temp: 80.5 degrees
DSC_01822.jpg

DSC_01832.jpg

DSC_01841.jpg

I also fired up my Veg area Drip System... Ran it about 2 hours, just wanted to wash any Hydroton leftovers out before I fill her up with nutrients, and to make sure it switched on and off correctly. I'm a little worried the starting pressure from the pump in the Veg Res might blow the tubing off of the barbs, so I am going to get some more clamps.
DSC_01852.jpg

Back
Top Bottom