480W & 720W LED Grow - Land of Clovers

i am a Medical Card Holder, with a prescription from a doctor to grow cannabis for my Medical Conditions.

for the last 2 grows ive been using LED lights. On both of those grow's they have treated really good. (check my sig to see my other led journals.)

well guys and gals i am back at it again! This time i have some new grow toys. heres a little info about this new grow.

STRAIN: Casey Jones

LIGHTS: Two 180w LED

MEDIUM: 50% SunLand natural & Organic soil mixed with 50% SunLand CoCo

POT SIZE: 5gal

# OF PLANTS: 4

GROW AREA: Grow Lab GL 120. (3'11 x 3'11 x 6'7)

EXHAUST FAN: Sun Court Inline Fan
Duct Diameter: 4"
Fan Overall Width: 10"
Fan Overall Height: 9.5"
Amps: .53
Watts: 40
Volts: 120
Hz: 60
CFM: 200

FERTILIZER'S: Dynamite Red Bottle fertilizer, Dynamite Mater Magic, Bio-Tone Starter Plus. Green Fuse Bloom, and whatever els i decide

Hers some Pics of Day 1 of veg.
100_3555.JPG
100_3557.JPG
100_3547.JPG
100_3543.JPG
100_3541.JPG
100_3542.JPG

2nd Room Details

STRAIN:4 Jack Herer clones.

MEDIUM: Sun Shine #4 mix

LIGHTS: two 300w LED lights (total 720w)

FERTILIZERS: (Xtreme-Gardening Product line) Mykos, Mykos30, Cal/carb, Azos, Xtreme Tea Brew

FANS: S&P 6" Vent fan

100_37401.JPG
100_37361.JPG
100_3741.JPG
100_37371.JPG

Re: Irish Boy's {480w Grow Led Hydro } Land Of Clovers

IM following this one Have always been curious bout the LED

thanks for joining! you should check out my 1080w LED Inferno grow, i just harvested last night. i also have a few other grows in my sig with leds.

Along for the ride. Good luck, bro!
as always welcome my friend, pull up a chair and enjoy!

+Subscribed.

+Subscribed.
welcome brother always nice to have you on my threads

Nice really looking forward to see how these lights perform.From the looks of it they seem to be in the same shell as the other models.Thats a plus I bet that just adds that much more to the cooling.....Did you remove the lens in these models as well?

yes their in the same shell, never thought about the better cooling, good thinking. no i haven't pulled the glass out of these ones, i will leave them in this grow. i have always taken it out so i want to try a grow with it in.
Jumping right in at the start!:popcorn:
pull up a chair my friend :passitleft:

Awesome looking setup u have there! Im watching for sure!
thank you, i am digging the reflectiveness of the tent but not digging the tent too much. IMO growlab tents are cheap and leak tons of light threw the zippers and all threw the stiching and theirs also tons of pen holes all over. my intake vent already riped and tore the tent just from opening it. very crappy made IMO. that was a waist of $238.lol.. i would never recommend this tent to anyone, the windows are also a joke and leak light. just not well designed IMO. other then that everything in the grow area is nice and clean, the two 180's are a very good setup for this size tent, tons of light to reflect around and hit everywhere.
wouldn't miss an Irish LED grow ;)

How many inches off the clones are ya at to start?

they look very sativa ;)

I smoked some casey jones a while back and it was excellent.

as always its a pleasure to have you on my threads SS. Welcome!!:passitleft:

Both lights are 28" off the clones as right now, i dont want to stress them out too much since they are so fresh. ill play with the light hight from their

yes from what i have read Casey Jones is 80% sativa. she is said to be ideal for LST'ing (my kind of plant) and grows very tall with lots of long branching and not too leafy. i will let her grow around 12" then LST her down and let her rip! if she gets too out of hand ill hit her with Bush Master maybe?

Heres some info

Sativa 80 / Indica 20
Origins - Trainwreck x Thai x East Coast Sour Diesel
Flowering - 56-63 days

Casey Jones combines an excellent sativa mother, a Trainwreck x Thai, with an outstanding male from Rezdog's Sour Diesel v3 line. The mother originated from Billy Goat Seed's Oriental Express cross. She has a very sweet flavor, and a heady trancendent high.

Adding Diesel to Trainwreck suggested the name Casey Jones, engineer of the most famous train wreck of all time. The sativa-dominant Casey Jones strain has an amaing high. The plant varies slightly in structure, from Thai foxtails to Diesel plumes. It retains the short ripening time of the Oriental Express mother, finishing in about 8 weeks. Casey Jones is not overly picky, suiting the novice grower as well as the sweet-toothed connoisseur.

This variety multi-branches well, especially when trained. She prefers moderate feeding and grows to a final height of 30-40 inches when forced at 12-16 inches. When plants are grown short with a single cola (SOG style), they yield an average of 1/3 to 1/2 ounce. Grown large and trained, plants could yield up to 3.5 ounces each.

The buds form like towers of calyxes, tight but clustered, creating a looser cola, with colorful pistils that vary from orange to pink. The leaves have thin blades and stems may purple late in the flowering phase.

The Casey Jones flavor is a combination of the confection-like sweet Oriental Express and the citric sour of the Diesel. The high can be felt almost immediately and lasts about an hour and a half. This strain has an "up" effect with a vividly trippy, thought provoking quality that can lead to mental wandering. Under its effects, one may feel a stronger sense of connectedness to self and others. it is good for creative activities that can benefit from an introspective mood and don't require intense right brain focus. It is less than ideal if you need to make plans, balance your checkbook or do other very linear activities. Go fly a kite, watch a movie, hike around in the outdoors, or engage in a little painting or other interpretive activity when indulging in Casey Jones. Do not drive a train!

I was thinking you went with the Secret Jardin brand of tents.

When all else fails, there's always framing, drywall, and paint, lol (and fasteners, and tools, and insulation, and... and...).

thanks Irish, and thanks for the feedback on the GrowLab tent.

This morning I was shopping for a third tent the same size as my DR80's, and found a few that were exactly the same size for about $40 less, but decided that saving $40 wasn't worth it when I'm so satisfied with my Secret Jardins.

The GrowLab tents aren't less expensive than the Secret Jardin's either, so I'm glad I stuck with the brand I'm happy with.

If I ever use two 180's in one of the DR80's, I'll just add some additional bracing if that's needed to deal with hanging that much weight.

best wishes on your new grow!

thanks Irish, and thanks for the feedback on the GrowLab tent.

This morning I was shopping for a third tent the same size as my DR80's, and found a few that were exactly the same size for about $40 less, but decided that saving $40 wasn't worth it when I'm so satisfied with my Secret Jardins.

The GrowLab tents aren't less expensive than the Secret Jardin's either, so I'm glad I stuck with the brand I'm happy with.

If I ever use two 180's in one of the DR80's, I'll just add some additional bracing if that's needed to deal with hanging that much weight.

best wishes on your new grow!

yes my friend you made a real smart choice, if you ever want to trade tent ill trade you in a heart beat. mines brand new.lol;)

after all the reading i have done you truly have the best designed tent and the most light proof, and smarter people making it.lol. my grow lab has the open flaps for the intake on the inside! WTF like i am going to be able to reach all the way in the back and open them.lol. ur tent has them on the out side i believe? witch is smart. you tent uses black zippers with auto close/light blocking material that fold over the zipper when you zip it up. mine has white or grey zippers that uses crappy flaps and a few peaces of Velcro that lets light leak out pretty good. the top and bottom of the zippers in from have a gap they rely on their Velcro flaps to block the light witch they dont, just really really bad quilty and really bad engineering. its even kinda a pain to open the tent and close it unlike yours. every one talk so highly about grow lab and their the best, but i think their are a peace of sh*t unless i just got the one and only most f'ed up one they ever made? knowing my luck i did:)

the only think they have going is the 100lbs support. but mikes 180's weigh under 20lbs each so its going the be ur filter thats going to put you over unless you get i light one that 20lbs or under. if not you can always find something to put on the ground and seat ur filter on.

i think i will put this tent into my other grow room since its a real light proof room and buy a tent light urs and put it in this ones place. plus ur tents cost less then the GL ones. i am kinda getting but hurt typing this right now. because i was warned by you from the get go but chose not to listen, so shame on me, lesson learned.

My filters are only 6lbs, so I should be OK with that and two 180's.

They don't hold a lot of carbon, so need replacement or servicing about every 3-4 grows, but that's acceptable.

I don't want anything down on the floor taking up real estate, so I went with smaller and lighter filters that need more frequent carbon replacement.

When I frame in my grow room, I'm thinking of getting a big 8" wind tunnel fan and a BIG 8" filter to filter the whole room and run the fans on the tents without the filters.

Simpler setup with more room in the tents, increased tent ventilation without the parasitic drag from the tent filters, better odor control, and decreased maintenance.

Speed controls work great with these Sunleaves/Suncourt blue fans, so I'll be able to dial the 8" fan in for temp control. There is a big price jump from the 8" to the 10", and I think the 8" will be more than enough to exhaust the roughly 10' x 8' room I'm planning.

Now I gotta learn how to frame, drywall, and hang a door, lol.

Back
Top Bottom