Yet Another Cheap But Efficient CFL Grow

ZeppelinBaked

:bigtoke:

So I'm finally moved in and ready to go with my next grow, after a hectic move. :lot-o-toke: I'm back in an apartment much like the one i was in before, with a similar closet setup...this is what I have to work with now :hmmmm: No clue how or what i'm gonna do with this.

All the crap on the floor is what I will be using, so it will be a clear space. The area of the closet i have to use will be about 2 ft. deep, and then 4 ft long. Who knows, if I can manage it, I may use the whole closet. :smokin:
100_6201.JPG

100_6215.JPG

So for right now, I have 12 purple kush seeds, (bagseeds from a really nice batch of PK, or at least that's what I was told it was), 4 of which are germinating..hopefully i get some females. :surf:

Here is a bit of info to get me started:

-Strain: Purple Kush - 100% Indica, Flowering 50-60 days.
-Stage of growth: Germination
-Soil Mix: Shultz Tropical Soil (0.08-0.12-0.08 minimum analysis) Also going to mix a bit of dolomite lime throughout the soil to keep it from going to acidic. Last grow my pH dropped to about 6.0 and it was terrible, so i'm hoping to not have any troubles pH-wise this time.
-The pot size is probably about 12in. tall with a width of 6in; Small to medium sized pots (4 of them for now).
-I'm gonna be using regular indoor wall lights, and the bulbs I will be using are CFL's. For right now i have 5 bulbs, 4 of which use 40w (150w bulb size). The other one is 23w (60w). 2 of the 40w are Cool White (4100k), the other 2 are Warm (2700k)

I have some stuff left over from the last grow that I will be re-using such as, the dolomite lime, plant food, a couple light bulbs, some extension chords/power bars etc., the light timer, and the thermometer/hygrometer I had before. I still need to get a lot of things, which is part of the reason i'm starting this journal a bit early...I need all of your opinions and suggestions!! I've seen some pretty awesome ideas on this site, so I know the creativity is here. :Rasta: What i was thinking about getting was some sort of mylar material to put up on the back of the doors or something to eventually make the closet lightproof. I really don't know yet, still brainstorming...so anyone got any ideas? All input is welcome :) :peacetwo:

Re: Yet another cheap but efficient CFL grow :)

Suscribed. Good luck on your new grow.:ganjamon:

Thanks everyone for the comments and support! :Rasta: I'm finally back in business, as all 4 seeds that I germed and planted sprouted this morning :) I also germed one more the day after I did the first four, so i'm still waiting for that one to break dirt.

I went to put up tinfoil this morning until i get some mylar or something, and I ran outta tape! :lot-o-toke: so it's half done for now, until i stop by Canadian Tire later on today. Gonna be pretty plain i guess, nothing really special. :smokin:

2 of the sprouts and the setup thus far
100_6220.JPG

100_6222.JPG

100_6223.JPG

Thanks again everyone for stopping by! :peacetwo:

Just got back from Canadian Tire, got some of the stuff I needed. Unfortunately they didn't have anything in the way of reflectix or any mylar material...Some pics of my setup now.

100_6224.JPG

100_6226.JPG

100_6228.JPG

:peacetwo:

In for for this :yummy:

zeppelin have you used the shultz tropical before, I'm looking for a soil thats available locally. Don't have any hydor or gardening stores in the area.

I haven't used shultz' brand before but on my last grow I used a different brand of tropical soil, with the same min. analysis; Alltreat Farms premium tropical soil was the name. It's pretty good in general, although some strains may not do too well in it.

So I finally finished the setup for now...got the tinfoil finished and they're now close enough to the lights..hopefully I can keep them from stretching too much this time cause i would love to experiment a little with some LSTing :) I love the end result and I have set my lights up pretty low this time, as I intend to keep them at a minimal height. Anyways here's a few pics, i'm off to read up on some LST threads :Rasta: :peacetwo:

100_62351.JPG

100_6236.JPG

100_62341.JPG

100_62321.JPG

I'm strapped in...looking good, I like your improv of the reflector material!stoners are hella creative when we wanna be!

Awesome buds for a 1st grow Zeppelin!i can only dream of such things...

Foil is pretty smooth and your room is looking good. Can't wait to see the girlies you get.

Back
Top Bottom