Greenie's Aero Bubblegum First Grow 2011

Greenie

Hey all. I'm Greenie. This will be my first grow. I decided to journal my adventure so that others can help me out and learn from my "education" ;)

What strain is it? Bubblegum
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Indica / Sativa What percentages? (55/45)
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? 2 weeks (grown from seed, started 8.11.11

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Aeroponics
If soil... what is in your mix? Hydroton
If soil... What size pot? 6 inch pots/ 37 Gallon Tote (Room for 8 pots, only doing 3 for first grow)
Size of light? Currently using two 4' grow tubes , tiny babies, don't need more yet
Is it aircooled? I am using air stones in the reservoir
Temp of Room/cab? 80
RH of Room/cab? 63%
PH of media or res? 5.6
Any Pests ? Nope
How often are you watering? It is Aero.. on 24/7
Type and strength of ferts used? Flora Micro, Flora Gro, Flora Bloom (I follow the directions on the bottles)

Here a few photos of #3 Bubblegum, Day 11.
SANY00102.JPG
SANY00011.JPG
SANY00052.JPG

Tall and skinny, so I dropped the lights to within inches of her top. My lights are very cool, no heat to the touch, and they stopped stretching. I'm happy if the girls are! :)

I have these girls on a 24/7 light right now. The light is apx. 3 inches above them, super cool so not worried about them getting scorched. I have a little fan blowing on them too, trying to strengthen their stems. They are 13 days old today. Born from seeds. I have not smoked BUBBLEGUM in 5 years. I sure hope it's what I remember it to be. YUMMY :yummy:
I need to edit some photos to update my journal.

Here are some shots of #3
Day13_3.jpg

She's growin!
Day13_3_ruler.jpg

LOOK, she straightened up, no more Ms. Curvy! Yet, still "anorexic" skinny. :)
Day13_13Straightened_up.jpg

#2 She's catching up!
Day13_2_ruler.jpg

Seems like #2 may have grown more than #3 today, so cute! hehehe
Day13_2.jpg
Day13_2_tall.jpg

#1 Gotta love the shorties too!
Day13_1_ruler.jpg
Day13_1_tall.jpg
Day13_1.jpg

FYI, the little white particles on the girlies, that's drywall powder from me. That shit got everywhere when I drilled hole for the vent line. :)

OH DAMN ! I wanted to tie the new 6" inline exhaust fan (will run to cool the flowering tube lights) to the existing vent in my room. I removed the weak existing fan, and noticed this...
So the 'existing' fan, it curves up into the vaulted ceiling/ roof (no crawl space) and ties into the the bathroom fan!! then vents out. The exhaust tubing actually sizes down .. what looks like... a 2 inch opening!
You think I will be in construction mode and put in a new vent??

Anyone catch my question on vent/ exhaust opening??

OH DAMN ! So the 'existing' fan, it curves up into the vaulted ceiling/ roof (no crawl space) and ties into the the bathroom fan!! then vents out. The exhaust tubing actually sizes down .. what looks like... a 2 inch opening!
I wanted to hook my new vent, with a 6 inch inline exhaust fan to this opening. It vents to the top of the house...

Anyone catch my question on vent/ exhaust opening??

OH DAMN ! So the 'existing' fan, it curves up into the vaulted ceiling/ roof (no crawl space) and ties into the the bathroom fan!! then vents out. The exhaust tubing actually sizes down .. what looks like... a 2 inch opening!
I wanted to hook my new vent, with a 6 inch inline exhaust fan to this opening. It vents to the top of the house...

Greenie, I think we need more info to answer...

How big is the fan you're trying to intall? How are you planning on configuring it? What's the size of the room? Can you just intall the bigger fan through a 2nd duct and vent it some other way? Got any pics of the layout you're working with?

Based on the way you're describing it, I would answer "yes, it sounds like you'll be in construction mode" but, there may be other/better ways to tackle the problem.

k, no photos yet..
I have an existing fan, installed by the people who built the house. It's a cheesy fan, doesn't work to pull out the moisture from the bathroom...
I have a 6 in inline fan, that will exhaust the room, and I planned to hook the ducting for that fan to the vent already in the ceiling... (i removed the old crappy fan)
But I noticed the existing ducting did not go straight up, it shoots over and then up. It joins another exhaust fan in the bathroom, above the commode.
I just don't want to burn out the new fan, if that isn't' gonna be a big enough hole to push out the heat...
If you need more info, let me know, have some other stuff to do for a bit. :) thanks!

Greenie, I don't believe you need to worry about burning out the fan, I think the real issue is whether or not you'll be able to effectively vent the room through a 2" duct. I'm NOT an HVAC guy, so there are probably better people to answer, but this will depend on how many cubic feet the room is and how much CFM the fan is. You want to be able to completely change the air in the room every 15 minutes.

Without yet knowing the size of the room (and NOT being an HVAC guy!) I'm guessing that the 2" vent will not be large enough to allow the air to be exchanged every 15 minutes, which is why I was asking about the possibility of an alternate way to duct.

For example, could you just drill a 6" hole in the ceiling, or on a wall, and duct the air up into the rafters, instead of through the ducting system? Is there a fireplace nearby offering the possibility of ducting up through the chimney? Etc.

Those are the things I would look at before I started messing with that existing ducting, but that may just be because...you guessed it....I'm not an HVAC guy! :)

Back
Top Bottom