Sqwheels' Perpetual 2L Hempy + Moms

Hi Folks,

Well it's a little sooner than planned but we all know how plans can go sometimes...:loopy:

Here's what I've gotten myself into this time

DSCN02584.JPG

Strain #1: My buddy said she's a Wonder Woman, but I can't seem to find any kind of strain review here @ 420mag...I haven't yet, but will do some more research on the net and see what I can find out. Until then I don't know anything about the indica/sativa...

This plant is a clone rooted in a rockwool cube then planted into soil, I think, I'll have to double check with my buddy, I think he uses a potting mix. It was planted 8-23 with a "good amount of roots" and has received only water pH'd 6.6. I'm going to try to figure out how to keep this one as a mother and do a Hempy grow with her clones.

Strain #2: My own White Widow from seed...if you read my first journal you know that my plants hermied. I've germ'd 4 of the seeds I got from that grow. I don't know what to expect from these. It's a 60/40 indica dominant.

These were germed with the paper towel method @ 7pm on 8-23, they sprouted 8 am on 8-26,

DSCN02504.JPG

I put them in Root Riot cubes around noon and put them back into the zipper bag and back onto the cablebox until the morning of 8-27, at which time I put them into a 2 ltr bottle I made into an incubator of sorts, and put it in the window.

DSCN02664.JPG

DSCN02705.JPG

This morning all but 1 has shed its shell and I can even see the 1st set of true leaves down inside. Not sure if you can tell by this picture. I'm keeping these cubes just moist.

DSCN02715.JPG

The rest of my setup is basically the same as before...I have a 400w MH Hortilux blue lamp in an air cooled reflector. I also have some 23w CFL's I think I will end up using to keep my mothers in veg. The room is a closet 4x5. The nutes are undecided as of yet. I have both the GH floranova, and Canna's entire line...I liked the single nute floranova, and used it with good results with my first grow, I was not as impressed with the Canna in my second grow. BPN has offered me a great deal...but I'm so broke just now that I don't think I can afford the shipping.

Ok, that's about it for now...I'm new to growing so if anyone here see's me doing something wrong or if you have any comments or suggestions, please speak up...that's how we all learn.

:green_heart:

Happy Growing Everybody

Good to have you back for another grow, Sqwheels! Off to a good start! I'm sub'd & looking forward to the show! :popcorn:

BTW...here's some info on Wonder Woman (it sounds awesome! :)):

This all-female strain is strong yet seductive, a fast-growing skunk with a pleasing, balanced high, and a truly heroic harvest - over half kilo per square meter.

Wonder Woman's mother is Ice, an award winning strain (1998 Cannabis Cup) that combines Afghani, Skunk, Northern Lights and Shiva genetics into a very stable plant with a rich layer of trichomes, a heavy stone and a fuel-like aroma. This mother was winner in the 1998 Cannabis Cup. Her father is actually another femal plant, a beautiful Top 44 that Nirvana manipulated using giverellic acid to produce male flowers. Top 44 is one of Nirvana's flagship commercial strains. It's the fastest-flowering indoor variety they have, ripe and ready in just over 6 weeks under perfect conditions. As a smoke, Top 44 is dep and skunky with a long lasting buzz. these parents give Wonder Woman her superpowers - fast maturation, mighty yields, feminized seeds (there are no males in the bunch), and a durable high. this amazing amazon lassos the stoner for a long, relaxing stay on Paradise Island, a land of bliss and contentment in body and mind.

Wonder Woman is incospicuous and does not branch too much, making her ideal for confined gardens such as balconies, or for sea of green farming. This 60/40 hybrid is quite indica in appearance, reaching only 2-3 feet when flowerin in induced at 1 foot. Outdoor plants usually reach a petite 4-5 feet at full maturity.

For the best THC levels, indoor cultivation is recommended. Nirvana prefers hydroponics for the strongest yields and the most solid colas. One especially good technique for Wonder Woman is to prune her top plus four branches, staking them in a sea of green setup with 16 plants per square meter. That can translate toa superheroic yield of 700 grams per square meter under 600 watts of light. This plant can also be pushed to high EC levels - 2.4 to 2.6 Outdoors, Wonder Woman produces mega-buds in Mediterranean climates like Spain or California, but her powers are weakened by mold susceptibility in humid areas. Wonder Woman's buds are very dense, and easy to trim.

Hey Mr.K,

Nice to have you here, grab a seat right up front, :bongrip: thanks so much for the info, with all I've been doing I haven't had any time to look into this, it's great to know a little more about her, you're right she sounds awesome.

It's funny, every time I use that word I think of what my kid asked...

How come some of awe is a good thing, and ful of awe is a bad thing?

awesome vs awful -- My kid has a way of looking at things in a way no one else I know does.

Again, Glad to have you here, stick around...I'm sure I could use the input and hopfully it'll be a good show, if nothing else, it's gonna be a learning experience.

:peacetwo:

Sqwheels, everything looks great so far. That wonder woman sounds like some great smoke, and something that would fit in my area perfectly, can't wait to see what she does for you. :popcorn:

Subbed for this. :goodluck:

Hey HMG,

:welcome: Have a seat, thanks for the kind words...Ya, Wonder Woman sounds like something I'm gonna like...alot

this (seeds) is a first for me, they're not much to look right now, but hopfully they'll finish like champs.

I agree sounds like a lovely smoke. Im glad i caught this one early. I can stick around from start to finish. :thumb:

Hey Guyy,

Hello, and :welcome: to :420: grab a chair and get comfy. I'm new to growing and this will be a learning adventure for me. Thanks for coming.

Awesome strains. We'll be growing the White Widow together. Keep up the good work!

Hi T12,

Happy to see you here, this will be my 3rd time with White Widow, she's been good to me. And from the info Mr.K posted about Wonder Woman, I'm real happy I didn't turn my buddy down when he said he'd give her to me. She's gonna be great.

I'll come see your journal, we'll have to compare notes :thumb:

Whats good Sqwheels!!!

:popcorn: wheres my seat at???
:popcorn: right here ok???

ok :bong: i'm ready!!!

Let's Grow!!!

:peacetwo:

Hi Astonr,

:biglaugh: :rofl: :biglaugh: :rofl: :biglaugh: You crack me up...

I see you found a spot, soo glad you did. And you look good and comfy too...great.

:woohoo: Here we grow

Found ya. Pulling up a chair. :goodluck:

Hi 420fied

I'm soo glad you're here, I'm counting on your input with this grow. Your 112sog journal...that's what inspired me, amazing, absolute perfection of the small space grow. KISS That's exactly what I need. Thanks!!!

Yeaaay, another journal! Remember we are all always learning something new. I like the idea of topped and staked to support 4-6 branches(colas) to utilize your light and space well. Stagger the start times (ie veg some a little longer) to stagger the harvest. The Wonder Woman could be vegged longer than the White Widow since it stays so short. Is it coincidence that both strains are WW???? I'd let the Widows get tall enough to take a clone of each and then flip them to 12/12. Then you will know if you have any males. As they flower you can select your best mom (probably won't really know till after harvest/cure). Study the bonsai technique for moms since you want them really small. CFLs will be great for moms and veg....
Bonsai Mothers

Hi All,

I couldn't help myself, I'm really surprised at how fast these little White Widow seedlings are growing...and it's Monday, seems like a good time to start the habit of posting weekly updates, it seemed to work good last time.

So...pictures of my babies, 24 hrs since the last pictures I posted of them

Group shot
DSCN02724.JPG

And a close up for each...they're so cute :love::love::love:
RSCN0280.JPG

RSCN0279.JPG

RSCN0277.JPG

RSCN0278.JPG

I've left them in the incubator, in the window, only opening it (for air circulation) for a few (5-10) minutes at a time a couple times a day...I've been breathing on them...is that silly? When the sun starts to fade I suppliment with 2, 23w CFL's, one bright white, and one soft white for now, I don't want to burn them up and I don't know what's enough/but not too much. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks Guys...I'm so glad yall are here. :circle-of-love:

Happy Growing Everybody

Yeaaay, another journal! Remember we are all always learning something new. I like the idea of topped and staked to support 4-6 branches(colas) to utilize your light and space well. Stagger the start times (ie veg some a little longer) to stagger the harvest. The Wonder Woman could be vegged longer than the White Widow since it stays so short. Is it coincidence that both strains are WW???? I'd let the Widows get tall enough to take a clone of each and then flip them to 12/12. Then you will know if you have any males. As they flower you can select your best mom (probably won't really know till after harvest/cure). Study the bonsai technique for moms since you want them really small. CFLs will be great for moms and veg....
Bonsai Mothers

Hey yall...OG's here too. he's always a source of good advice and information. Glad to see you :thumb:

My plan goes something like this...and every time I say this I can't help but think of a line from somewhere ..."man makes plans and God says 'Ha'"...or something like that...maybe Of Mice and Men. I can't remember

anyway, Wonder Woman is 6" tall today and has new little leaves growing in the crooks of her fan leaf branches ?nodes? (sorry, I don't know the technical names for these plant parts) she has 8 little node sections and then the top. I want to make her a mother, OG mentioned the bansai, unfortunately I don't know anything about it (more research :nomo: ) I was going to try the FIM cut that OMM showed me, but her nodes are not symetrically opposite, they are alternating. Does that make sense? I don't know if this makes a difference with that method. I think I've got about a week to make some kind of decision.

Here's a couple of pics of her

DSCN02584.JPG

RSCN0262.JPG

Hi 420fied

I'm soo glad you're here, I'm counting on your input with this grow. Your 112sog journal...that's what inspired me, amazing, absolute perfection of the small space grow. KISS That's exactly what I need. Thanks!!!

Thank you for the kind words. And about that KISS..... my Wife said only if she gets to join.... lol!

You have a lot of good people along for the ride so you'll get plenty of good advice. May all of your buds be dense.

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom