My First AK-47 Grow

mirking60

Hello this is my first grow i am useing a dr120 grow tent.I am growing 4 AK-47 with a NFT System and i have put clay pebbles in it i no it aint the thing to do with an NFT but my roots was getting to hot.The lighting is a lightwave with 8 tubes the tubes are 8 daylight blue witch i have the light's on 22/2 hour light.and 1 fan.The temp is high at 80f-90f i no its to hot i have orderd a Systemair LTI RVK Fan 150mm L1 extractor fan i am hopring it will drop the temp a little bit here are some pics of the plants let me no what u think and if you could give me some hints or tips would be great.

AK-47_PIC7.JPG

AK-47_PIC6.JPG

AK-47_PIC5.JPG

AK-47_PIC4.JPG

AK-47_PIC3.JPG

AK-47_PIC2.JPG

AK-47_PIC1.JPG

Thank's shottafire i do want to get the light lower but it gets way to hot but when my extrator fan comes tomrrow im hopeing i can lower the temp down lol wel im hopeing any ways lol.also about 10 mins ago i hit my head on the light and the chain come off and the light drop and it one of mt plantes and took the back leafs off will this a effect the plant.?

light_fell_on_the_plant_28-12-12.JPG

Your plants are looking super-happy! A very good sign to see them stay so short at that age - you may want to think about doing some LST when they get a bit taller, to let them lower branches come up and spread your plants out. You can see there with the leaf edges curling up slightly - that's from your extra heat... very nice a green so far though - keep 'er up!!

Lol..oh well - if you google 'LST tutorial', you'll find the link I posted and many more. LST stands for 'Low Stress Training'... good luck!

Thanks mate im going to look into it. it was going to top them when they was about 4 weeks old then let them go for 4 more week then put them in for flowering i was hopeing to get a good yeild out of that or would LST way be a better option.but going to go on google now and have a look thanks.

NICE plants you got there, especially for the limited experience you have also, ive grown a few times already and havent got such nice ones yet good going im subbed!! But yeah LST DEFINATELY helps the potential yield you will get out of them in the end.

Laterss, AutoF

i have taken dayzt advice and i have LST on one of my plants to see how it gose. had to watch it on youtube how to do it lol so i hope i done it rite here is a couple of pics. and thank's autoflowerzz for the comments.

LST_28-12-12_PIC_2.JPG

LST_28-12-12.JPG

so what do you think dose it look rite? lol

Looks good to me - I usually use a counter-tie near the bottom there (opposite to the main tie-down) so it doesn't put too much stress on the bottom of the stem...if that makes sense. By today, you're probably already seeing the top bounce back up. Those lower nodes will get much bigger now as well. Good job!

I like the idea of doing only one of them at first, to get the hang of it. I did the same thing, and now I LST most of my plants if they look like they could use it.. some strains don't produce that much lower growth that early on, so it's better to wait in those cases, or even skip LST altogether. You'll notice that plant will be wider and bushier than the others, and it will have a larger number of dominant tops. If you're ever limited to only grow a single plant or two, training helps big time - and adding a screen over top of them to train them into a large canopy (scrog) will give you massive yields from just one or two plants...

Sounds like a plan - note that the LST'd ones will take up more room later on as they bush-out. You may also want to try topping one of the LST'd plants as well if it looks like you have sufficient growth below the first node on the main top... Get ready for some big plants!!

That's definitely something you need to take into consideration. Your plants are going to at least double in height when you start flowering... The topping may help a little, but the first two weeks of 12/12 is when they'll stretch the most. Are you transplanting them before that time? You could always put the lower ones up on something to match the height of the others, but if you're using only 1 light then you'll only be able to lower the light as far as your tallest plant... but maybe it makes sense to LST all of them in order to maintain a more even height...? It depends on your grow space.

thank's for the comments i have LST an other one of my plants but i think im going to do them all. when i get to flower them im going to get 1.2m by 1.2m ebb and flood system and a 600w HPS light i was thinking off 1000w but not to sure about the heat what do you think??

Back
Top Bottom