1st Timer Newbie Grower - LED - Indoor - Soil - Three Strains

Universeaware

Hello people of the world. I come to you in peace as a first time grower and I am here to learn.

Guide me through the turbulent waters of cannabis growing! (They were actually very calm)

I am growing three strains:
Autoflowering Hobbit / Sativa-Indica (%Unknown) - 28 DAYS OLD
White widow feminized / Sativa(60)-Indica(40) - 26 " "
Northern lights X Skunk feminized / Mostly Indica - 21 " "

They are all in vegetative state.
Soil is biobizz- All mix. Two of them in 5 Gallon pots and 1 is yet to be transplanted into unknown pot, I was thinking of giving 1 air-pot a chance..?
90W UFO LED.
Temperatures around 23ºC / 73.4ºF
RH goes from 30% to 70%
Soil PH 6.7
No nutes have been used yet and they show no signs of deficiency (Beside my taco leaf effect that was not solved with the epsom salts, more on that later)

How often are you watering? This one is a mystery for me. In the beginning I watered them a little bit every other day for the first two weeks with extreme caution to not overwater and cause root rot. After that I made two full waterings with bad Ph'd water. Because I'm an idiot. I swear when I tested the Ph it was around 7 (I now adjust the water to 6.5 with cidar vinegar), but for some odd reason when I realized I might have overwatered and stunted their growth I went to test my water again and all of them showed 7.5+... anyway, this will be corrected in the next watering, they didn't react that bad, maybe the soil balanced it out a bit.

I haven't watered them in a while and I'm starting to use the "weight the pot mechanism" to see if I can find balance within.

I haven't used ANY ferts at ALL. My ferts are the 3-way pack of biobizz organic with bottles for growth (8-2-6), Top-Max for blooming(0.1-0.01-0.1) and flowering(2-6-3.5)

Pictures will be coming next.

Thanks for reading beautiful you.

Re: 1st Timer Newbie Grower / LED - Indoor / Soil / Three Strains

I took the liberty of taking a couple of shots of the whole setup to give the viewer some insight of what's cookin' here.

grow_tent_setup_of_a_poor_fuck2.jpg

I built two muffler boxes with acoustic foam inside covering the walls.

I sleep in the same room my grow tent is at and noise was a problem. As now it is around 39db.

Muffler_Box_with_acoustic_foam.jpg

Excuse me the poor quality, shaky hands!

My lights are inside this box also covered with foam inside. It does not overheat.

Acoustic_foamed_box_for_lights_X_No_heat.jpg

I also used a 6' acoustic ducting on my 4' inline fan to help reduce noise (even though the angle of the thing is just bad, but doesn't affect the noise much as it is)

6inch_acoustic_duct_on_4inch_fan_noise_redution.jpg

Another overall view

Grow_tent_setup_of_a_poor_fuck.jpg

Now for the plants, at the 28th day the Hobbit seems to be doing fine!

Hobbit_28_days.jpg

Hobbit_28days.jpg

White widow, 26 days. It has only 2 days difference but something definitely went wrong in the beginning, I think as of now she has been growing steady.

WW_26_days.jpg

WW_26_days1.jpg

Northern X skunk - 21 DAYS - To be transplanted soon

Northern_X_skunk_21_DAYS.jpg

Overall view

Inside_the_growtent.jpg

If you have any questions or observations please fire away!

This is my first time grow and every turn I take is a new place!
I have been reading like crazy, the only thing I can advice as a total noob is to READ A LOT, I had a main plan before starting, now I'm tackling the little things and learning even more, it's a fun trip.
:green_heart:

This is my first time grow and every turn I take is a new place!
I have been reading like crazy, the only thing I can advice as a total noob is to READ A LOT, I had a main plan before starting, now I'm tackling the little things and learning even more, it's a fun trip.
:green_heart:

Youre like the first "noob" to say that...I recommend that to alot of first time growers cause I know alot of these people(sometimes me as well) hate to spoon feed you a answer. Looks good dude I will follow this forsure bro.:thumb:

Youre like the first "noob" to say that...I recommend that to alot of first time growers cause I know alot of these people(sometimes me as well) hate to spoon feed you a answer. Looks good dude I will follow this forsure bro.:thumb:

Thanks man!

I will be updating with a couple of new photos soon.

Yesterday my hobbit automatic kicked in flowering! Watching the little hairs develop is amazing.

I would like to add that I didn't use any ferts till yesterday (30 days in) on my biobizz all-mix. When I saw she started flowering I watered the following.

1,5L (0,3 gallon) with:
1ml of Bio-grow
1ml of Top-Max
2ml of Bio-bloom

It was enough to get a little bit of run off, tested the run off and it was a solid 6.5ph.

I was so scared of my first watering with nutrients that I had a nightmare of my plants dying... lol!

Now I'm gonna water my white widow with plain water as it seems she does not require additional nutrients to the soil.

Watering is really, really troublesome for a newbie! Always afraid of over watering. I haven't watered my white widow in 20 days (last watering about 3litres - 0.7gallon) and she hasn't shown any signs of droopiness, will water it today as it seems the soil is getting dry a finger deep. (18L containers <5gallon>)

Thanks for stopping by!:thanks:

I am having a slight problem, I don't know if I should worry or not, the Hobbit that's in her fifth day of flowering (35 days old from seed) is showing some leaf problems.

I fed her exactly 4 days ago, you can see it in my previous posts the quantities given and now this is showing up:

Requesting_for_backup.jpg

help! Is it nutrient burn? It was barely 1ml + 1ml + 2ml of all organic... maybe the soil still had enough nutrients (Biobizz all mix) and by adding more I fucked it up a bit?

I am having a slight problem, I don't know if I should worry or not, the Hobbit that's in her fifth day of flowering (35 days old from seed) is showing some leaf problems.

I fed her exactly 4 days ago, you can see it in my previous posts the quantities given and now this is showing up:

Requesting_for_backup.jpg

help! Is it nutrient burn? It was barely 1ml + 1ml + 2ml of all organic... maybe the soil still had enough nutrients (Biobizz all mix) and by adding more I fucked it up a bit?

Anyone want there in the world? :(

Still need help, been googling, including reading about rust here on 420 but I like second opinions or people with the same problem.

at the moment I'm going to try a garlic solution and if the problem persists I'll probably cut the affected leafs

Have you seen any bugs in your space? Looks almost (but not quite) like leaf miner damage. I will do a bit of research in my books to see what else it could possibly be.

I have checked everything on the plants. Took all plants out, read a lot about rust fungus and other types of fungus, prepared a garlic solution, took the plants out and cleaned my tent with 10% bleach. I cut most of the affected leaves, which were all fan leaves so I removed them all, little stress was induced as she continues flowering just fine (It was in her first week of flowering). I've been spraying them with the garlic solution to prevent fungi, I also raised temps above 25C (27-28C, they are doing fine) and improved air circulation. I just ordered some anti fungus and bacteria and see how it goes. I had to take a couple of leaves out from my white widow too as it seemed that shit was spreading, I really do believe it is a fungus. Man, this is like taking a PhD on cannabis lol.

Is it possible that the white particles on the bottom of the leaves are dropplets of foliar feeding? Like some times they get some... salt (or mineral)... spots?

Could be residue from foliar feeding. Does it wipe off with a damp cloth? What is your RH, that will play an important role in mold/fungus control.

Ah didn't even remember that, thanks, I will try to wipe them see what happens.

My RH is at 50% for the last week, can't get it down as I don't own a dehumidifier at the moment :(

I'm feeling better as I think I might have the situation under control after taking off all affected leaves.

thanks for your help, hopefully I'll update this thread with some good bud shots... fingers crossed.

Hey, bud, I'm subbed. I see you're in Vegetative growth right now. If you're as worried about your power bill as it seemed form your "?" thread in FAQ, I would suggest a Gas Lantern Routine for veg.

As for the spotting, it really does look like residue from foliar feeding or a very slight case of leaf miners as @SteveHman said... The top, however, where there are "rusty spots" looks like something else. Let me know if that spotting re-occurs after your defoliation.

In the mean time, read this.
@420 's Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial
Also, read all the first dozen or so thread in How to Grow Marijuana
Keep having fun, and keep'em green!!:cheer:

Hello Jandre!

My hobbit autoflowering is almost finishing, next wednesday I'm gonna cut and dry! I'll snap a couple of shots before and after. The buds look small, I guess that would be expected from 90W Led and being my first grow lol. Anyway I've upgraded to a nice 400W HPS and I'm gonna use that HPS for the other 2 plants I have that I've been LST and supercropping, they seem alright, I'll take a couple of pictures too and post very soon!

As for the links you posted I've read them all, honestly, I'm hungry for knowledge but this thing in my leaves, maybe it's nothing at all I don't know, tried epsom, tried neem, tried garlic solution (believing it's a fungus) but eventually I just cut the leaves. The problem did go away for a couple of days but I think it spread to the other plants making it re-ocurr. My humidity was high (60-80%) and my ph was off, that's why I started to think it was a fungus or maybe it was the soil that's too hot (biobizz all mix) I don't know! I've corrected all those issues with flushing, dehumidifier and ph 6.5 and everything seems to be coming along fine now! No stress! But I've been keeping a very close eye on them, I'm pretty sure that losing a crop ain't fun :(, with all that, at the slightest sign of something wrong, I panic and cut the leaves lol. (without going overboard of course!)

And thanks for the contribute, always nice to hear from 420 members! I will try to keep them as green as possible! lol
:Namaste:

Just a little more info on Gas Lantern Routine. I decided to try it some time ago after reading this and have seen amazing results.

The Gas Lantern Routine for Growing Cannabis

Thanks man, fantastic info

skinny.jpg

Close up on the bud
HobbitBud.jpg

This one is due on Wednesday I think, I'll turn off the lights for 48hours and then I'll harvest.

------------------------------------------------

My other two are waiting for the hobbit to be harvested and dried (I'll put them outside for a week or so)

They could be bigger by now but I stunted their growth a lot, beginner experiences...

VEG27.jpg

VEG28.jpg

Back
Top Bottom