Mr White's Aero Flo Assorted Strains Grow Journal

Mr White

Thank you 420fied, Mr Smith, Xlr8, Aberration, Pit Viper, Old Med Man, your journals and many other members of 420 Magazine have helped me immensely in different ways. I have been formulating this plan for the last year and ma finally able to start the execution phase.
This will be slow to start as I am still out of town for a job but that will be ending thankfully within a few weeks. The seeds have arrived and I should be making my 1st large purchase in the next few days. Perhaps this weekend. I have time on my hands now so I wanted to get this started and get alot of the hard boring stuff out of the way so that I can focus on family and room contruction when I arrive home. So here it is;

Strains
This is what we have in the home seed bank all of which arrived this week.

From an Non sponser
Barneys Lucy Fem 5
Reserva Skywalker OG Fem 6
CH9 Blue Lemon Thai 1
CH9 Jack 1
Eva Jamaican Dream 1
Eva Monster 1
Eva TNT Kush 1
CH9 Cluster 1
TH Mkage 1

From Herbie's
Green House Super lemon Haze 5
Barney's Tanjareen Dream 5
DNA genetics Lemon skunk 1
Reserva Purple wreck 2
Big Bud #2 Regular 5

Total Seeds: 36
Not decided as to which strains to go with this first run. I need to get some mothers out of this my intent is to get the best pheno out of each but I cannot go over 5 mums I can spread the rest to our local community med co-op . I would love to have some member input. You have approximately 32 days until I have to decide and throw 10 or so into a medium, so let me know what you think..

Re: Mr White's Aero Flo Assorted Strains grow journal

Nutrients
Blue Planet 3 part nuits with Bloom Booster
Flora Kleen
Bushmaster (possibly)
Lights
1000w HPS/MH
Hood is a Cool Sun
Ballast is Lumatex dimmable
250 or so watt T5s for clone and veg can't remember the brand name
Style of Grow
NFT, the system to be used will be Aero Flo20 made by GP.

Hey!
Me Casa Su Casa. What a great start to this journal. Good to have you my friend. It will be approximately 1/70 of your garden and I will be happy to have it. I will definitely defer to your judgment when it comes time to change the genetics in my little garden. That purple pheno of killing fields is beautiful my friend. I am sure that it did not hurt to be grown by you either. You are a Master Casa. Thank you for blessing this journal with your presence.

Did I lay it on a little thick?

Jokes aside, I am truly happy that you may be having some good dark coffee at my journal occasionally. I will definitely be sipping some at your's regularly.

Ok I will try and get the shopping cart and some picks and descriptions of the systems to be used in a few minutes.

bought a seat but I only needed the edge. GOOD LUCK BRO:) be watching.would like to see the big bud and how that works out and the tanjereen dream tho everything Ive read here that its not been sucssefull but no bad vibes here hope all your buds are big and juicey:cheer:

The shopping cart

Roots Excelurator - 250ml 63.95
FloraKleen - gal 15.79
Bush Master - quart 63.95
Hygrozyme-1L 27.95
Cal Mag Plus-quart 11.29
GEN=1LP CO2 Gen 3500-6500 263.95
B/W Poly 10' wide - 100' roll 70.95 (3x30m for you casa)
Stealth-RO100 for water 153.95
Hanna ph/tds/temp Portable 156.95
1000 MH Digilux Bulb 54.95
1000 HPS Digilux 60.95 (might go with the Lumilux high par for $80)
AeroFlo - 20 by GH 292.95
Rain Forest 318 200.00
Can-Filter 75 184.95 (Thank you Aberation)
Can Fan Flange 6" 12.35
And assorted nick knacks

They will no doubt gauge me on the shipping. I will be happy to sneak away from this with $400 or less in shipping expenses. I will let you know after I pull the trigger what the final price tag comes to.

The light and equipment.I was going to get a new mover for the light, and just use a single 1k for the grow but after having some coffee at Casa's journal I have all but decided to just use two 1k lights dimmed down to 600 each. The light mover was $200, and I have the other 1k collecting dust so I might as well use it. The light is not currently vented but may be at a later date, heat dependent, we have the technology. The Co2 generator is natural gas and will cycle on a couple of times a day, duration to be determined.

Grand total minus shipping $1875 and Change

Did that answer your question about "Air box" Cassa? If not I will explain the intake out take in a few moments. 1st though a few pictures of the systems I will be using.

This is the AeroFlo20
AeroFlo20.jpg

And the Rain Forest 318
Rain_Forest_318.jpg

Why I am switching to hydo and picked the the Aero Flo
I have been interested in hydro for a long time. I was classically trained in dirt at a young age. Hydro grows where the stuff of legend for us. Any good bud that came into town when I was young, and by good I mean anything besides the seed infested moldy Mexican brick weed that was the norm, was said to be hydro. So I guess that I have always been interested in hydro but never tried.

The things that kept me from it was mostly fear, fear of flooding and fear failure and also the price of start up. I like the Aero Flo because it is similar to a design that 420fied built that I have admired ever since I first laid eyes on it. I am unfortunately too scared that I'd screw it up if I was to try and build my own. I don't think that aeroflo is as good a design as 420fied's magic machine, but it is not as hard to put together either. The price was another factor. It came in well below any system that I priced out to build by my self, and you do not have to use as much spendy medium as some of the other systems.

I believe that the chance of a catastrophic leak is also minimized with these type of designs. There is not as many connections that could fail when compared with ebb and flow systems. At least that is how I sold my wife on the idea. If you think this is not the case, please leave me in my nice warm little cocoon of ignorant bliss, and definitely don't tell my wife. If anyone has some things that I can do to further reduce the risk of flood, I would love to hear them.

This system is also easily to ramp up or down the number of plants being grown. Mr Smith (another master that I have studied on this site) has shown that the system can defiantly produce results with the right guy at the wheel. I hope to be that guy.

Thank you Fish, and It is very comforting knowing that the mad chemist is following this grow as well. Thanks again Corey. You saved me a good $200 dollars with your line up.

This will be a slow start unfortunately folks, I am still not home yet. I have about 30 days until I can pop any beans but I will update periodically as things come together. I am hesitant to throw the money down on my shopping cart because slight modifications are still being done to the plan. This plan has been formulated and researched for the last 7 months during slow times and there have been a lot of slow times. Most likely I will be dropping the cash on the above items tomorrow so that they can get home before I do. Hopefully there will be minimal buyers regret.

I do have a few more things about the plan I would like to post and since BPN has tuned in I might as well tell everyone why I have decided to go with his line...

Why Blue Planet Nutrients?

I have never used Blue Planet. Fox Farm was all I have used in recent times for dirt with good results. I was planning on trying A.N., but due to the Love fest that I have observed surrounding BPN in other journals, Corey's on the spot and on point advice that I've seen him hand out when asked, and the screaming deal that his nuits are offered at, BPN won hands down in a comparison. That and of course and the fact that I have observed the fat, juicy, sticky, twinkling bombs that end up on the short end of the sticks when his nuits are used by a skilled hand.

The room
The dimensions are 11x14x7, I am limited by ceiling height and it has given me problems in past. No Sativas for me, the Lemon Haze might be a problem we shall see. The original plan was to have a completely closed loop system but that is going to have to wait as I am approaching my budgeted limit. The room however will get a complete make over for this grow. The three things that I am after in order of importance are safety, stealth, and efficiency.

The remodel will start with the wireing. The home was built in the 70s and from what I have seen of the wiring in other rooms, I think that it may have been wired by the homeowner. I do not trust it and so we are going to add a new household main breaker box 100amp and 3 20 or 15 amp breakers with their own runs into the room. Some day I would like to go to 200amp service but I don't need it and can't justify it at this time. We might just run one line from a 50 amp breaker in the main box and install a sub-panel in the grow room to split off for the 3 or 4 outlets that are planned. It will depend on what the electric dude tells us to do. I'm not an electrician as you probably can tell from my description but I do have a friendly one that will be consulted for this project. It makes sense to me and I will document it for us so hopefully it will make sense to everyone else by the time it is posted.

We are also going to tear out the cheap paneling that covers the walls to rewire. After the electric mods are complete, the paneling will be replaced by fire resistant sheet rock. Before, during and after all this we will be spraying the f#ck out of the walls and crevices with liquid death. The ceiling will also get a layer of both sheetrock and liquid death. On the walls that are not concrete (its a basement) we will installed quite rock for sound suppression. The stuff is great, a 1/2 inch sheet provides the same sound suppression as 6 regular layers of sheet rock. at $40 a sheet it had better be great, you could almost buy six normal sheets for the price of one sheet of QR. Finally we plan to paint with a butt load of Killz flat white.

Fresh air taken in through passive vents at the base of one of the walls. It will have a filter normally used for a central air unit that will be modified (duct tape) to fit this application. This is mainly for bugs but will be fine enough to keep dust to a minimum as well. The basement stays fairly cool year round but in the summer the exhaust can be vented out an installed vent (looks like a drier vent on outside), and in the winter it can be vented back into the house. To help with heat bill. This is how we worked it last year with satisfactory results. The fresh air is taken from the lowest, coolest point in the house and thus the place that Co2 concentrations are at their highest. Warmer air is sucked through the can from the top of the grow room and again out the vent or back into the house heat dependent. The hottest temps that were observed last year were only mid 80s. At that time we were running a 1k for 18 on 6 off for "veggie" as Cassa would say. This time the HPS will only be used for flower and can be run at night if I need it for veggie, and heat is an issue, I will just use the gas lantern technique.

It will also be supplemented with the burner that is in the shopping cart. The air flow is sufficient to get quality yields without supplementing but I just could not resist another toy to play within the grow room. I was not able to afford the door, the AC, and the CO2 monitor like I had planned so it will just be set to cycle on a couple of times a day and increase the CO2 in the basement as a whole when not being vented outside. One day I will have that perfect airtight laboratory of my dreams, not this run though. Its not perfect but I think it will work.

I should also talk a little about security while I have a chance.

Here is the Alarm Model I have used for the last year and a half.

DSCN11615.JPG

The alarm system looks like it is deactivated in this picture, but I assure you the system is working as it should be.:)

DSCN11672.JPG

Check out is complete,
the nice lady on the phone informed me that the hydro vendors are on the east coast and were closed so I have only a rough idea of shipping costs for the larger items. She seemed to think that it would be over 300$ for the shipping and told me that she will e-mail me tomorrow with the final shipping costs.

I did make some alterations to the final list.
I dropped the Bushmaster, maybe try that another grow but at 60 plus dollars I think that I will wait on that one. There are other cheaper ways to control stretch.

The replacement bulb list was also altered. In the end I settled with one Digilux 1k HPS, and three 6oo watters that consisted of an HPS and MH from Digilux, and an HPS Lumatek high par bulb. My thinking on this was that even though the ballasts are all dimmable, the bulbs that are running in them are designed to burn at a specific wattage. A 1k will work fine dimmed down to 600w I have proof of it, but it is probably not going to be in the spectrum that it was designed for when dialed down. I am just basing this on some not so deep thoughts that I put in to the question. If anyone used to work for a bulb maker Id love to hear about why and how I am wrong. This selection will work for me because all I can really handle is two 600w or a single 1k.

The grand total
It now stands at 2020$ and add to that 3 to 400 bucks in shipping. I had guestimated 2200 total so we are a little over the budget but hopefully it will pay for itself with good quality medz.

I can't wait either Mr Pie. Only 30 more days and I get to put them to work. It is good to have you tagging along, again sorry that it will be so slow for the next month. We will get some fireworks goin on in this journal eventual. No update today, just wanted to wish everyone a happy 420 day. It is a little premature for you guys, but I am a bit further east than most of you.

Hey Mr. Rocket,
Welcome, it's good to have you aboard. I just read up on your journal, impressive and reps to you for it. The link in your signature didn't work quite right for me when I clicked on it. It just took me to the gallery. So hope you don't mind a little bit of promotion, Rockets journal can be found Here

There, now you'll have my legions of dedicated journal followers hounding you night and day and asking stupid questions.:) Seriously anyone interested in this type of growing should check out his journal. This guy can build a freakin grow op. I wimped out and just bought mine.

I can't wait to start so I can ask you some stupid questions of my own...

Back
Top Bottom