MadMike's Organic Medical Outdoor Grow

MadMike

kittens_007.jpg

What strain is it? Granny Derkle- A strain desired for Sweet aroma and taste. Used as a calmative, while still energetic. Pleasant relaxed and clear headed. It is a Purple Diesel which is Marc Emery's NYC Diesel crossed to a Purple Haze, crossed to the Grandaddy Purple, Then crossed back to the Purple Urkel.

What percentages? 80% Indica/20% Sativa

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Vegging.

If in Veg... For how long? It has been vegging since late April. It's estimated to mature at 8 weeks.

Soil mix? I used Fox Farms soil and a wonderful mix of local compost to amend the native soil.

Any Pests ? I had some minor leaf damage due to some mystery insects at first but due to the size of the plants ( currently 7' tall by 5' wide), the only damage comes from an occasional deer. I'm using Liquid fence around the area, so hopefully it will repel them enough from doing too much damage.

How often are you watering? I ran a drip system through the area to give them 4 gallons per hour and have found that giving them about 4-6 gallons a week during the summer is keeping them healthy.

Type and strength of ferts used? I don't use much besides dried chicken droppings scratched into the soil.

I'm new to this and this is my first time growing in the ground. I am surprised at the size and look forward to the end result. I will get more photos up as I progress. Unfortunately I cannot post photos of my other plants due to their location. I'm careful to abide by the laws of my state and it is the thieves that concern me more than anything else.

kittens_007.jpg

What strain is it? Granny Derkle- A strain desired for Sweet aroma and taste. Used as a calmative, while still energetic. Pleasant relaxed and clear headed. It is a Purple Diesel which is Marc Emery's NYC Diesel crossed to a Purple Haze, crossed to the Grandaddy Purple, Then crossed back to the Purple Urkel.

What percentages? 80% Indica/20% Sativa

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Vegging.

If in Veg... For how long? It has been vegging since late April. It's estimated to mature at 8 weeks.

Soil mix? I used Fox Farms soil and a wonderful mix of local compost to amend the native soil.

Any Pests ? I had some minor leaf damage due to some mystery insects at first but due to the size of the plants ( currently 7' tall by 5' wide), the only damage comes from an occasional deer. I'm using Liquid fence around the area, so hopefully it will repel them enough from doing too much damage.

How often are you watering? I ran a drip system through the area to give them 4 gallons per hour and have found that giving them about 4-6 gallons a week during the summer is keeping them healthy.

Type and strength of ferts used? I don't use much besides dried chicken droppings scratched into the soil.

I'm new to this and this is my first time growing in the ground. I am surprised at the size and look forward to the end result. I will get more photos up as I progress. Unfortunately I cannot post photos of my other plants due to their location. I'm careful to abide by the laws of my state and it is the thieves that concern me more than anything else.

Beautiful Plants buddy! I look forward to follow your grow. That big and still in Veg! You definately need to protect those beauties!!
:goodjob:

Thank you, Closet Farmer. I also have a secret strain known as OGR which is 70% Indica/30% Sativa and another Kush plant (Purple Kush/Diesel/Skunk #1/Cheesel) x Sour Diesel) which is 80% I/20% S like the GD. They are all Southern Humboldt strains.

Thank you, Closet Farmer. I also have a secret strain known as OGR which is 70% Indica/30% Sativa and another Kush plant (Purple Kush/Diesel/Skunk #1/Cheesel) x Sour Diesel) which is 80% I/20% S like the GD. They are all Southern Humboldt strains.

Sounds Great! Love the strains from your area!!
:thumb:

Thanks Heirloom. Sorry about the limited pics. I will be getting some pics up to show progression since the last pic. It's difficult due to plants location, so I tend to them in the early morning or evening. I should have tied these down more while they were young.
:yikes:

These are a few my plants. The Smart Pot plants are tied down and the GD were topped once. The GD are all between 7 and 8 feet. I almost lost a couple in Smart Pots due to the evaporation rate I wasn't familiar with, so I'm more careful now. I'm wondering if using some Fox Farm nutes will push them to flower. I'm also wondering whether I should be thinning these big plants. Currently I just remove yellowing water leaves.

OGR
kittens_025.jpg

Kushit
kittens_023.jpg

Granny Derkle
kittens_022.jpg

Granny Derkle
kittens_019.jpg

Granny Derkle
kittens_007.jpg

Hey there Mad Mike! Totally agree with Heirloom! I would love to grow outside too! I wish I could answer your question about the nutes making them flower faster. You could check out James the Greens Grow. He lives near you too. I believe he is using 100 gallon pots and has been growing organically for 20 years outside in your area. In fact he has his plant in the Plant of the Month Contest. My guess is to just leave the plants alone and let them flower when they decide to flower. I think the plants look very healthy!
Looking great.

Thanks CF. Yeah, hopefully James can toss his opinion this way. Here's a couple more:
kittens_021.jpg
kittens_020.jpg

Yeah Mike. Your plants remind me of his. HUGE!! Love your photos. Looking really great!

Plants are finally beginning to flower. I had an emergency situation when I came home from work one day and saw a plant which grew so high it was practically waving at the neighbors. I had to remove the hog wire around it to get it tied down more. I learned my lesson on this one (tie them down enough when they are young). A plant described as "medium size" can get very tall :rollingeyes: I was able to let one plant go without tying down, and is already 9'. I ran into some mold in three small areas of another plant which I carefully cut off and discarded. I didn't use any preventative fungicide. One plant, which is in a remote area away from the rest, looks much more pale green than the others, so I guessed low nitrogen. I fed some half strength Grow Big and Big Bloom to it and will monitor it though I haven't seen much change in the past week. My OGR plant needed more room, so I removed the chicken wire and put some goat wire around it so it could grow through.

F***ing rats attacked my flowering OG in a smart pot last night. Not too much damage so I moved it. I should have left the chicken wire around it instead of replacing it with goat wire. My trees in the ground aren't getting gnawed on at all. Rats must really like OGK.
:trance:

I don't know. I haven't tried this yet. Ocean grown? What if it's grown 20 minutes inland from the coast? Is it then Inland Grown? :slide:
All these names lose me. A Kush plant is merely a dominant Indica right?

Help. I've noticed more yellowing of the plants. Does anyone have any good recommendations? I've read that this is usually a magnesium/nitrogen deficiency. If that is all, is there a quick fix for this problem? The only nutrients I have used are Fox Grow Big and Big Bloom.

I have to assume that they are now flowering? How far in would you say? What water are you using (Tap, well, RO???). What do you PH the water at?

If you can post a picture of the affected leaves and some more info we can help you better. I'll put a call out to some soil growers for you.

I have to assume that they are now flowering? How far in would you say? What water are you using (Tap, well, RO???). What do you PH the water at?

If you can post a picture of the affected leaves and some more info we can help you better. I'll put a call out to some soil growers for you.

I'm using city water for all my plants. I doubt the water is the problem since I use it on my potted plants as well and they look great. I wouldn't think my soil is problematic since I used the same soil and compost mix to amend my native soil. I am careful about over/under watering. I dig down a couple inches after two days from the last watering during this last very hot week, and if it's dry, I water. I ran a drip system with spaghetti hose extending to the base of each plant. I generally give 5-6 gallons per 9' high x 6' wide plant. I'm not using excessive nutrients. Even the Fox Farm nutrients is only used no more than half the recommended dosage. Here are some examples:
aug_002.jpg

aug_001.jpg

Perhaps this is the natural color of these plants. I've never grown them before and they are about a week into flowering. I just don't want to have a problem arise that gets out of control. These are mid section quick shots so the neighbors didn't see me snapping pics. There is some yellowing near the tops of the plant too. To me that doesn't seem normal.

Back
Top Bottom