Alkhemist - Soil - Big Budxsuper Skunk #1 First Grow Journal

Alkhemist

greets all!!

welcome to my first grow journal!

pls excuse any cumbersome effort on my part to make this journal efficient for everyone to follow/read.

i have only just joined this wonderful community here at 420mag and have decided to include my present soil grow as a journal.. more for the experience of it and to share my own system etc.

i am growing a big bud x super skunk #1 (ordered from amsterdamseed bank) here in Soil, the mix is:

70percent indoor potting mix(includes wetting agents etc)
20percent worm castings
5percent compost(more as a mulch albeit indoor)
5percent perlite/clay(for better drainage)
i also add a tablespoon of boost fert throughout mix, rake blood and bone into top soil and sprinkle a further half tablespoon fert around edges of topsoil surface area.
dolomite lime if needed to balance ph

i start plants in any old container i can, that can accommodate their early rooting(half milk bottles-plastic, cut halves of soda drink bottle etc etc) im not fussy when it comes to such containers at this stage, i transplant into 10 litre buckets when ready, with a mix of the above proportions.. and after a good stretch of 2-3 weeks i transplant into 30 buckets(cheap flexi plastic laundry buckets) where they remain for the duration of the grow.

during the first stage and part of the 2nd stage veg(before being transplanted to main vegetation room) i use 1-2x 400W MH lights with a medium size white reflector. my early veg room is a larger space so im not so concerned with extraction or intake but i do use a medium oscillating fan to move co2 and air. i also use 2litre milk bottles with thin rubber irrigation tubing sticking out of the lid-filled with yeast mix to produce co2.

im presently moving into a 12/12 cycle, using 2x 600W HPS lights with my own made wing reflectors(made from factory tubular ducting halves) after 3 weeks of being in the main vegetation room and roughly 2 weeks in my 'first stage' veg space- all up 5 weeks veg. i have 12 plants this cycle and they are all approx 5 foot at this moment(in the past grows of this room i have grown upto 8-9 at approx 7 foot as the roof allows it)

here are some pics of the different stages upto present(from early cuttings to now):

SAM_02651.JPG

early stages gearing up for main vegetation room

IMG2268A.jpg

SAM_02662.JPG

IMG2267A.jpg

excuse blurry shot...

DSCF20062.JPG

moved to main vegetation room-most have been transplanted to 30 litre buckets

DSCF20072.JPG

the two reflectors measure approx 1200 x 1200

DSCF20123.JPG

home made winged reflectors with 600HPS lights

SAM_0341.JPG

all ladies now transplanted and ready to pump!

SAM_03421.JPG

a light prune to remove old shade leaves and open bud sites, and tied down to allow more light penetration, air flow. can also see milk bottle rigged to create co2 using yeast

SAM_04372.JPG

after 3 weeks pumping in main veg room- ready to turn over to 12/12 i reckon! can just see milk bottle co2 generators :p

SAM_04341.JPG

SAM_0436.JPG

SAM_04394.JPG

lights off to show true colour of foliage

SAM_04411.JPG

another with lights off

in the main vegetation room i have 3 metres of ducting(ribbed ducting not ideal but sufficient) with one fan at end and one inline fan in middle of ducting length, i have 2 oscillating fans to move air(not shown sorry, next pics), i keep room at approx 40-60% humidity, room temp is usually around the high 20's celcius and never drops below 20 degrees celcius ever, at this stage i will be using only 'odorlok' triple layer carbon socks to filter air through extraction fan but want to move to ozone generator with next room, any advice/feedback on ozone generators is more than welcome!!

ok all! my first journal post for now! hope i have done all the right things loL

any feedback is more than welcome! and happy growing!!

regards
Alkhemist

p.s.
am presently doing a top feeding drip hydro- 4 pot system so want to start a journal on that a little later.

hi all!

i just wanted to show a few pics of this flavour from the previous grow, pls excuse the lack of high res close up shots, i will include them with this grow.

DSCF14231.JPG

not sure what happened to this shot.. seems to have split into two

P1070952.JPG

all plant ranged from 6ft to just over 7 ft

SAM_02523.JPG

SAM_02541.JPG

SAM_02582.JPG

SAM_0259_-_Copy.JPG

just been trimmed, ready to hang

SAM_0262_-_Copy.JPG

all solid buds.. nothing fluffy here

ok..

have had to add another 600W hps to the room as the plants are starting to really shoot off and need to be spread out..
some update pics of week 6:

DSCF21841.JPG

tightening down some ties and pruning all the bottoms of all plants
DSCF2181.JPG

bottoms cleaned up and tied
DSCF2178.JPG

DSCF21664.JPG

added a 3rd 600W hps and rearranging room
DSCF21642.JPG

outer extraction fan fitted into 10litre bucket sitting in hot zones above lights
DSCF21611.JPG

inline fan pulling air out through filter into roof space
DSCF21623.JPG

birds eye view of one of the ladies
DSCF21572.JPG

DSCF2156.JPG

all super cropped
DSCF21852.JPG

finished rearranging room! and have a few cuttings ready to add to the rest
DSCF21892.JPG

now into day 4 of flowering cycle.. expecting these lovely ladies to be done by week 14 :D

ok.. so, 1 week into flowering and everything is pumping... turned over to 12/12 on the 28th of august. started on a P and K heavier plant food including my own brew of sea urchin(kina) shell, fish bone and guts, crayfish shell food which has been brewing in a 44 gallon drum for 2 years.. kina shells are an EXCELLENT source of trace elements and the difference is phenomenal.

SAM_04801.JPG

SAM_04791.JPG

SAM_04814.JPG

SAM_04824.JPG

SAM_04832.JPG

ok.. coming to the end of 2 weeks flowering... and girls are starting to form nicely set bud sites in main colas.. had to lift the lights a foot and move one light out to stretch plants further apart.. and allow easier access- gotta have that easy access ae!? ;)

so here are some update pics of 11th day into flowering:

pulled that white light kit back towards me by about 2 foot
DSCF22362.JPG

different shades created by flash :cheesygrinsmiley:
DSCF2235.JPG

buds starting to form :cheesygrinsmiley:
DSCF2231.JPG

starting to form close set buds
DSCF2229.JPG

DSCF2228.JPG

the beginnings of some juicy big buds :cheesygrinsmiley:
DSCF22242.JPG

good timing- Lights just come online :)
SAM_04824.JPG

SAM_04814.JPG

will start on my home made kina juice next week.. should see some HUGE boosts from then on! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Just wonderful, my man. Quite the garden of Eden! Wish I had that kind of space to grow. One question: did I notice that you had a few pots doubled up early on? Meaning, did you have to transplant two or more out of the Same pot into their own pots? Just wondering how that's done, I have to do it soon.

Great job though..... Awsum!

Just wonderful, my man. Quite the garden of Eden! Wish I had that kind of space to grow. One question: did I notice that you had a few pots doubled up early on? Meaning, did you have to transplant two or more out of the Same pot into their own pots? Just wondering how that's done, I have to do it soon.

howsit RL !!? thanks for your comments bro, much appreciated! yeah my grow partner has been keen to expand a bit more over the last 12 months or so.... which ive been loving :cheesygrinsmiley:

nah bro, all plants were put into their own pots/containers from the start... in the first pics of the baby cuttings, some were in different stages and were quite different in size(some were in 10 litre buckets and others in 2litre milk cartons cut in half).. some i sent to a mate and others into a hydro set up im trying for the first time(simple top drip feed 4pot set up).. altho the hydro cuttings were taken from a budding plant so they reacted quite differently. as you know if you`ve taken cuttings from a flowering plant- they tend to 'shrub out' more and put out 1-2 finger leaves at the start but come away a little later quite well.

thanks brother:Namaste:

Re: Noob with an intro and some pics. Couple questions too....

howsit RL !!? thanks for your comments bro, much appreciated! yeah my grow partner has been keen to expand a bit more over the last 12 months or so.... which ive been loving :cheesygrinsmiley:

nah bro, all plants were put into their own pots/containers from the start... in the first pics of the baby cuttings, some were in different stages and were quite different in size(some were in 10 litre buckets and others in 2litre milk cartons cut in half).. some i sent to a mate and others into a hydro set up im trying for the first time(simple top drip feed 4pot set up).. altho the hydro cuttings were taken from a budding plant so they reacted quite differently. as you know if you`ve taken cuttings from a flowering plant- they tend to 'shrub out' more and put out 1-2 finger leaves at the start but come away a little later quite well.

thanks brother:Namaste:

No problem, you have a great setup there. Thanks for the info too! :)

in the past when ive had multiple plants in the same pot and they got to quite advanced stages all i did.. and i think all anyone can do, is gently as ya can pull the plants apart and when you hit an entanglement just try to gently separate them as best as ya can... its like trying to get chewing gum out of a childs hair! lol.... OR you could try running a hose through the roots and wash alot of the debris/soil off allowing you better access to the roots and separating them that way- is what ive done with my cuttings that i transplanted to hydro anyway... although that wasnt separating multi plants just washing soil mix off the roots BUT i think it might be the way to go for ya bro.

good luck!
:Namaste::peace:

Re: Noob with an intro and some pics. Couple questions too....

sorry about that video.. after watching it a 2nd time on here it seems to get really shaky every 10 secs or so... wasnt like that when i uploaded it originally.. and im not so much the video tech ;] i'll work on getting a better video cam for next grow which will be a kandy kush, amnesia auto, anubis auto and a couple of c99's

update pics at 15th day of flowering.. have seen an increase in growth from 130cm to in some plants 150 cm over the last 5days- its all in the fert ;)

SAM_00151.JPG

SAM_0014.JPG

SAM_00131.JPG

SAM_00081.JPG

SAM_00061.JPG

SAM_00051.JPG

SAM_0003.JPG

some update pics of the 21st day of flowering... 3 of the plants have now stretched to 165cm(from 130cm) in the last 14 days but the rest have maintained a more subdued stretch of around 150cm(from 130cm) and are setting up nicely now. feeding mondays and fridays- my own kina shell(sea urchin), fish guts and bones and cray shell mixture which has been brewing for a couple of years in a 44 gallon drum. no sign of pest infestation, no sign of moulds or fungus and no signs of nute deficiency whatsoever, the only 'anomaly' i can see are the 3(pheno throwback) stretching.
from right of room moving left:
DSCF23132.JPG

one of the stretchy ones to the foreground on the left:
DSCF23151.JPG

this stretchy one has grown to 165cm:
DSCF23161.JPG

DSCF23172.JPG

DSCF2319.JPG

DSCF2320.JPG

DSCF2321.JPG

165-168cm:
DSCF23082.JPG

DSCF23031.JPG

no signs of moulds, pests, deficiencies whatsoever... all green and healthy- as it should be!
DSCF23061.JPG

thanks everyone and keep it GREEN :cheesygrinsmiley:

:Namaste:

Sweet set-up ya got there Alkhemist! Ever heard of a New Zealand native named Chubb Tangaroa? Just curious!

Sweet set-up ya got there Alkhemist! Ever heard of a New Zealand native named Chubb Tangaroa? Just curious!

hey Cola Monster!

New Zealand is a pretty small place... but not quite THAT small lol :p do you mean chubb(robert) the softball player?? if so, i dont know him personally but i know of him for sure! :cheesygrinsmiley: he's a bit of a legend in softball around here.. i just happen to know a few softball players so i know that name through them :)

:peace:

hey Cola Monster!

New Zealand is a pretty small place... but not quite THAT small lol :p do you mean chubb(robert) the softball player?? if so, i dont know him personally but i know of him for sure! :cheesygrinsmiley: he's a bit of a legend in softball around here.. i just happen to know a few softball players so i know that name through them :)

:peace:

What's up Alkhemist? That would be him in all his fastpitch glory as he's a friend of our family here in Cali. and taught my younger brother a few tricks about pitching Kiwi style when visiting some years back although my bro's nowhere on Tangaroa's level that's for sure. Chubb throws some extreme heat from 46 feet or use to that is if he's still playing. Look forward to seeing the update on your grow and stay stoned! :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom