1st Indoor Grow - 400w Lumatek - Soil - September 11th Memorial Bud

urmom

I am brand new to the forum and this is my first post on here. I hope to get some feedback, advice and comments to help me along the way with indoor gardening.

I germinated 18 grab bag seeds from a buddy up north. I had 9 start late outdoors (August) and am left with 3 females about 16" tall, 2 weeks into flower, so I decided to germinate the last 9 and try them under my new 400w.

I have several years experience with outdoor crops and hope to use my old super cropping skills to help these indoor girls produce. I plan on veg'ing them for 3 weeks, transplanting them to 4 Gal containers and hitting them with 12/12. I will super crop twice, once at 2-3 weeks and again 10-14 days into flower.

I'll get hot on some pictures later today and try to upload my fledgling garden tonight for everyone to see.

I am running some generic organic garden soil (1.5 cu m) cut with 1 cu ft each perilite and vermiculite for drainage. I have some Alaska Fish 5-1-1 and Superbloom (dry) 0-15-0 to supplement. I have always had good luck outdoors with a similar setup and hope to get similar results inside. I also plan on adding some super-thrive for micro's that might go missing. Thoughts?

I have a 400w lumatek dimmable running a Hortilux EYE 400 MH dimmed to 250 for the first week of 24/0. I am switching to 18/6 this weekend ad will turn it up to 400 for week 3 (or as needed by size). I also have a 400 Hortilux EYE HPS for flowering.

My closet is 22 x 48 x 60 with a 4x12 scrubber, enclosed reflector all vented out via 6" variable inline with passive intake that is being upgraded to a 6" active intake later this week in anticipation of the 400 kicking up the temp. I am holding steady at about 80 degrees with 40-45 RH. I also have a small desk fan circulating the area. My only concern is that I have 9 germinated little ones, 3 per 6" starter pot, and am concerned about having enough room (footprint and lumens). My hope is that I end up keeping 2-4 little girls and can fit everyone with a short veg stage.

Hope I can get some advice quickly as I am only my 1st week right now.

Timeline:
08 Sep - seeds placed in medium
11 Sep - all 9 pop up the same day, placed under 24/0, 250w MH
14 Sep - 18/6 initiated

Here are the photos
week_1_upclose.jpg
week_17.jpg
closet_view2.jpg

Re: 1st Indoor Grow, 400w Lumatek, Soil, September 11th Memorial Bud

So I realized that I have basically 3 blank canvasses available to me. All the beans are from some top shelf grass from the Northeast. My containers are all filled with the same medium and I can get another nutrient blend for container #3.

I was thinking container #1 will be super cropped with Alaska 5-1-1, Superthrive and Guano Superbloom. Container #2 will get the same nutrients and be LST'd and container #3 could be the "people's choice".

I am willing to change my #2 nutrients if anyone has a solid (and simple) organic (or clean and proven chemical) suggestion for me to try. I also will consider different yield methods on #2 or #3.

I also will be doing some streamlining in the closet after a trip to the hardware store. I need a new intake fan and a 6">4" reducer for my exhaust fan. This will allow me to get my bulky exhaust fan out of the tent and get about 3 feet of ducting out too. Just have better circulation, temp control and overall "feel" of the space and will be little more tidy.

The new setup should be ready for the week 2 pictures next weekend.

Week 1.5, September 11th Memorial Bud

So I cleaned up the tent and plussed up my intake setup (it works amazing now! and only $12). I cut appx. 5' of ducting and the exhaust fan outside the tent to free up some space. The tent actually "sucks in" when it is closed up, looks like I may need to turn my exhaust down a bit and see if I can hold my temp. I am running 75-78 right now and am super happy about that. I would love to get down into the 60's at night later on in flower but we will cross that bridge in a few weeks...

seedlings35.JPG

new_ducting_3.JPG
new_ducting_2.JPG
new_ducting.JPG
light_height.JPG
closet_view_2.JPG

Let me know what you think...I am open for advice, this is my first indoor attempt.

I mentioned earlier that I was playing with the water in my big pots. I gave everyone appx. 1/2 gal yesterday. Today I mixed 1/2 cup of Budswell into the top 3-4 inches of soil and then watered it with 1 gal water with 4 tablespoons of Alaska 5-1-1 fish. The pots are nice and heavy, no over spill, which means they can hold some serious water. I figure I will give them 1/2 gal every 3 days (???) or as needed up to transplant. It is my intention to not have to add nutrients until the 4th week of flower and then just a light tea with budswell and anything they look like they need at the time. Then plain H2O until the end. They should be nice and clean and with the early additions to the soil, it should have some time (2-3 weeks) to develop some active soil and it should carry the girls through with minimal additions.

Comments welcomed...

it looks good mate. subbed

Nice set up man I'll be Right here with ya

Thanks for following everyone! I'm super stoked to supplement my medicine with some high test indoor. I have the other 3 outside right now, I'll try to get some pictures of them when the neighbors leave...they are small but I just threw them in some soil as an auto-flower experiment. They showed pistils at the second node hen they were 3" tall seedlings...never seen that before. They had a real "stretch" for 2 weeks and are about 18" tall and have about 7-10 flowering sites each which should get me a little bit of medicine to help my finances until December when my indoor finishes off...I knew germinating them in mid-August would mean auto-flower and a small yield outside but I didn't have an indoor setup at the time.

My wife, lovely woman that she is, gave me the green light on a small indoor setup so I germinated the last 9 for that. I was wondering what I can expect for yield on my indoor op. I've never grown myself, just with my brothers indoor op and he was running 2600w's in a 10x8' room...1000w's of veg and 1600w of flower. He used to pull over a pound every 6 months. With a 2x4' tent and a 400w ballast I was hoping to flower 2-4 plants and get 6-8 oz from the setup. Does this seem reasonable to you guys for an indoor grow?

Looking good. I am a new grower and will be watching this. If I can be of any help I am a PM away. May the grow gods be with you!

-TG

I use Blue Planet Nutrients Farmer's Pride Organics. I only use the main 3 which are grow, bloom, and micro. BPN is a sponser here and Corey who is the owner is by far the best when it comes to nutes or helping you work through a problem. I can say the nutes and schedules he gives for there use is top notch. Bigirishdood is a firm believe and was who got me hooked into those nutes. I by far believe they are the best for your dollar.

For any curious folks out there...the other "empty" 6" pot is full of Hatch peppers from New Mexico. I picked them up driving from CO to Texas last year and saved the seeds. I planted some outdoor in a 6" and indoor in one too. I was planning on letting the indoor plants grow right along with my meds and see how my production goes. The peppers can get the sidelight as they do not need quite the intensity as the cannabis but they should still do great, I plan of hitting them with the Alaska fish and some budswell later in the cycle to get some serious peppers!

howdy urmom, just checking out your start and it looks good:)
as far as other organics I do use fox farm big bloom it is worm castings and bat guano.
maybe you would like to add some molasses to. helps good bacteria grow.
the peppers got my mouth watering. I have a thia chilli thats going on 3 years old in my grow area, off to the side as you say. and I get peppers when ever I want:) those hatch chillies sound great.
will be watching this one for sure:):nomo:

subd, great start, for the nutes i use blue planet nutrients 3 part plus bloom booster, bpn is a great product and the bloke who makes it is a top bloke and always answers questions, its a good price compared with other brands but it does work wonders, its not sold is shops or hydro stores so you can only get it via the bpn site, but their are many brands you can try, theirs a lot on here that use bpn, but its not to say its the one to use, so have a look around and see what you can find, then check the prices on bpn site and see what you think

Thanks for the advice on the nutes. My brother suggested general organics bloom and grow with the micro's too...sounds like everyone has the same idea, a "grow", a "bloom" and some micros. I'll pick something up next time I visit the hydro supply store (cash$$$). I've noticed alot of folks like the BPN stuff.
I plan on throwing at least two of these girls back into veg for at least 6 weeks and then flowering them again in mid-february through the end of April for a second harvest. I'm hoping to pull close to 1/2 pound the first time and about the same the second time...

Thanks for following everyone! I'm super stoked to supplement my medicine with some high test indoor. I have the other 3 outside right now, I'll try to get some pictures of them when the neighbors leave...they are small but I just threw them in some soil as an auto-flower experiment. They showed pistils at the second node hen they were 3" tall seedlings...never seen that before. They had a real "stretch" for 2 weeks and are about 18" tall and have about 7-10 flowering sites each which should get me a little bit of medicine to help my finances until December when my indoor finishes off...I knew germinating them in mid-August would mean auto-flower and a small yield outside but I didn't have an indoor setup at the time.

topped_and_damaged_goods.JPG

topped_2_.JPG

topped4.JPG

tall_girl1.JPG

damaged_goods.JPG

thanks for checking my grow out...

thems some cute little girls you got there. :)

subd, great start, for the nutes i use blue planet nutrients 3 part plus bloom booster, bpn is a great product and the bloke who makes it is a top bloke and always answers questions, its a good price compared with other brands but it does work wonders, its not sold is shops or hydro stores so you can only get it via the bpn site, but their are many brands you can try, theirs a lot on here that use bpn, but its not to say its the one to use, so have a look around and see what you can find, then check the prices on bpn site and see what you think

I think BID has a link as BPN has actually just hit distribution. But the best thing to do is get them direct from the BPN sight. Also did I mention BPN was used to grow the plants in the movie Savages.... That tells you something.

Well looks like you got things under control. Very nice! Im glad I found your other thread wouldn't want to miss this one.
Go with organics what ever you choose you want regret it, I can promise that much! :peace:

Back
Top Bottom