First Grow Journal - Kandy Kush & Lemon Skunk - 2012-2013

Kush Grower

Reserva Privada Kandy Kush:
60% Indica :40% Sativa

DNA Genetics Lemon Skunk:
60% Sativa : 40% Indica

First off let me say I went through one of 420's own sponsors, Herbies Headshop and my experiance is 100% amazing. I don't believe ill ever buy seeds anywhere else ever again! Great customer service, SUPER fast shipping (and no i'm not a employee lol)

Just started Germinating tonight (about 15 minutes ago hopefully both germ just fine so far 100% sucess rate in the past paper towl method).

These will be grown indoors in Fox farms ocean fresh soil. Will be starting in small 4 inch pots and switching to 1 gallon then 3 gallon to finish). I have a 150 watt HPS Light as well as two cfls on the sides (pictures below), I have a 120mm Computer intake fan and a 200 cfm squirrel cage blower for an exaust attached to a carbon filter(not attached until needed dont want to waste good carbon) During test runs Temp retains at 78-80 degrees, with a 40-60% humidity (There is a humidifier inside the room).Once its time for nutes I will be giving it fox farms grow big during veg. and Big bloom during flower.

Very excited to see these babies grow to be big and strong! Below im attaching a few pictures of my growing area, (its mylar not foil on the walls).

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all :) Updates Daily
IMG_20121219_073135_.jpg
IMG_20121219_073143_.jpg

re: Beavs First Grow Journal - Kandy Kush & Lemon Skunk - 2012-2013

What's up, setup looks nice and ready :thumb:
I like the strain selection too! Herbies has cool customer service you're right :)
Just one little suggestion :grinjoint: check out fox farm's feeding chart. You might want to reconsider your feeding plan. Read more about the nutes. Best of luck :passitleft:

What's up, setup looks nice and ready :thumb:
I like the strain selection too! Herbies has cool customer service you're right :)
Just one little suggestion :grinjoint: check out fox farm's feeding chart. You might want to reconsider your feeding plan. Read more about the nutes. Best of luck :passitleft:

Funny you should mention that my friend, I have not yet fully grown so technically this will be my first full grow, I've played with some bagseed to learn until this point. I stopped at a 2 1/2 week point on my last babies, merely a learning experiance. I am yet to understand the feeding schedule but I am in the process of understanding it. I know i'm not to be using nutes for quite a few weeks as my soil should be enough for them while they are young so I have plently of time, any insight at the same time would be great. Thank you again and I hope you stay tooned to watch the adventure. :thanks:

oh I'm definitely subbed and watching :) I can't wait to see how these strains come out. You're absolutely right about your soil. FFOF is rich and will stay hot for a good while.

:popcorn::popcorn:

re: First Grow Journal - Kandy Kush & Lemon Skunk - 2012-2013

Not much progress, both seeds have a root starting to come out, letting them get a bit longer before planting, probably tonight. Once they get planted they will be in a high humidity dome for a few days with the light on 24 until they break soil. Pictures as soon as these babies sprout. Stay tuned.

So have been running into issues, not sure why. We have lemon skunk breaking soil.. When it came up the seed was discarded still under the soil before it rose up, the problem is that all the way aroud it was a clear film stopping the two Cotyledons from coming apart. After spending about an hour I finally got it off carefully hopefully I didnt disturb her too much.
IMG_20121223_052138_.jpg

As for the Kandy Kush its having problems wanting to sprout, hoping to see some progress from it by the time I get home from work. Stay tuned will update tonight on it.

Kandy Kush is up and out of soil :) HELMET HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

IMG_20121223_150944_.jpg

If it doesnt come off in about 24 hours im going to try and help it off, still no clue whats going on with the cotyledons on the lemon skunk hoping its just a bit of stress from me taking the film off and allowing them to open hoping for a bounce back soon getting worried

Everythings looking good, The containers im using before transplant are drying semi-fast good thing they dont need much water right now, going to give them a little bit every other day as long as its very dry on top. The kandy kush pulled threw, removed the helmet head and a membrane was left all around it, took some time got it off very carefully with a toothpick.

IMG_20121224_074826-1.jpg

Everyone give a warm welcome to Ms. Kandy Kush. Merry Christmas to all and updates after the big man brings us all presents :)

:bigtoke:

Don't know if its the HPS light that keeps making the room so hot or if its just because my themometer is directly under the light next to the plants so to remedy so I dont have to have the light so low i turned it off and moved the two CFLS just 2-3 inches from them until they get a tad bigger then I will be turning the HPS light back on as well as the 2 cfls. I think the HPS light at this point is just causing some stretch. I believe this because I turned my left CFL off and moved that plant directly next to the other and it was stretching to the right to try and get to the other CFLS light even though it was still getting plenty of lumens from the HPS. (Yes i know they are better for flowering but its what I have for this grow) In addition once the HPS light goes back on I will be trying to strengthen the stems by letting the fan blow on them.

I think and PLEASE correct me if i'm wrong but I can fix the stretching when I transplant into a 1 gal and just bury the stem down a bit correct?

Correct. I bury them to their first set of leaves. Make sure all your temps are dialed in bro. You don't want to switch to flowering and then deal with the heat. Make sure your hps is nice and cool in your setup first. That's my opinion to be honest. I would find it incredibly annoying if I'm already switching to flower and THEN I find out I have a heat problem.
Cheers :grinjoint:

I don't think its a heat problem and it stays under 85 its just I want it at 78 BUT i think the plastic to themometer is heating up and giving it a false reading because its DIRECTLY under the light could be wrong though. With it all setup it is running steady at 81.6 which is fine but the lemon skunk seems like it was stretching for light.

SO I put the room back to the way it was I think I was just being paranoid and even if it stretches now I can fix it on its first transplant :)

ok good point.. I'm smoking so I forgot about it lol, yeh that's your radiant heat measured directly under the light, try putting the thermometer in a shaded area but still between the plants and check your ambient air temps. If your radiant is 85 then the ambient is almost definitely a little under 80. At least that's the difference in my tent. Temps directly under the light and really close are 83, and my ambient temp is always 76'sh. These days it dropped to 72 because of the colder weather.

Update time! :) Ok so both are looking great!!!! The Lemon Skunk has a really really thin stem even considering I have a fan blowing on it :( Kandy Kush has a full turn around and looking good. Having either humidity problems even though I have a humidifier on high 24/7 in the room.... Says im at 15%....... and its usually around 25%. Its either its right or im not having the temp and RH problems that I think I have because the therm. and RH meter im using was my grandmas and is prolly 20 years old so it might be giving me a inaccurate reading, due to the 8 inches of snow we got overnight the local hydroponics store remained closed today. Plan to buy a new meter tomorrow they have one for around 25$. Hope the meters wrong because thats a really really really low humidity expecially for having the humidifier in there AND i cut the top off a juicy juice bottle and filled it with water and put it in the corner. Picture time :)

2012-12-26_18_48_12-1.jpg
2012-12-26_18_50_48-1.jpg

Will update tomorrow after I get the new meter and go from there :) Happy smoking!!!!

Back
Top Bottom