CrankyMaddog's First Indoor Grow & Journal

CrankyMaddog

Hello all. Last year, I found this site, while I was doing my first outdoor grow. I posted many topics and questions in the Frequently Asked Question section of this site. I received so much positive and informative information, that my grow was a huge success for my first time. So I decided this time to do a full-on journal. Anyways, I stated back then I was working on getting an indoor setup going. Well, I did it. I have the room prepped for ventilation, I have a 400-Watt Light Digital Dimmable Air Cooled Tube Set, also have a foot long T5 light. Here is some other info:
What strain is it? Random saved seeds.
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Fox Farm Ocean Forest
If soil... What size pot? Jiffy cups starters
Size of light? Stating with T5...then switching to 400W MH/HPS
Is it aircooled? Yes
Temp of Room/cab? 70 F
RH of Room/cab? 45%
Any Pests ? No
How often are you watering? When needed.
Type and strength of ferts used? None yet, but Big Bloom, molasses..

So here are my first pics, this is after 3 days of going into the soil. Hoping this is going to be a fun and happy grow...thinking of doing outdoors again to, however the outlook for temps where I am are not even going to get out of the 40's...so have some time for that.

3_23_2013_First_11.JPG
3_23_2013_First_Sprout.JPG
3_23_2013_Second_Sprout.JPG

Thanks for taking time to look at my journal.

re: CrankyMaddog's First Indoor Grow & Journal

Was it something I said? I thought I would have some replies from someone. I was thinking maybe they are stretching to fast. The light is about 10 inches above them, I thought that was the correct height. Oh well, here are today's pics:

3_25_2013b.JPG
3_25_2013a.JPG
3_25_2013.JPG

I see I have a little visitor...lol...didn't see it until looking at the pics.

Well it has been a month and I thought that I would show the progress...only four babies left, but they are getting a lot of love. I think had the light at the wrong height to start with, but have it correct now. Any thoughts are welcome.

Moving into buckets May 2nd:
DSC011935.JPG
5_2_13c.JPG

May 17th:
DSC012224.JPG

May21st:
5_21_13.JPG
5_21_13b.JPG

Hi Cranky,

I'm glad you kept journaling until I noticed it and could subscribe. I likewise have found the members that enjoy this site to be extremely generous with information and assistance. Glad to hear your outdoor grow went well and I hope this one does also.

I noticed that quite a few more seeds sprouted than end up in your grow room photo’s. Did you lose a few or are you perhaps using those sprouts outdoors?

Anyway, it will be a pleasure to follow along, learn your methods, and watch what I’m sure will be another successful grow for you!

Yes, sadly only the four have survived. However, the same thing happened last year and the remaining plants were both female. So I have my fingers crossed that this will be the case again this year. I do suspect that one of the four might be a male, but it is still early. So happy to have a response...Thanks TanR for taking the time a checking out my journal!!! I will definitely keep posting.

Good deal Cranky. I appreciate your response and sorry to hear about losing the sprouts.

Any thoughts on what might have gone wrong? I'm always curious to learn about problems and potential problems.

Thanks,
TanR

Thanks Boblove for checking out my journal!!

TanR as for the lost ones...I am to blame for not checking on them enough. I was checking once a day and should have been checking twice a day. So they over-heated and were lacking water and welted away. Same thing happened last year, I think I learned my lesson this time.

Will upload more photo tomorrow...Thanks for stopping by...

Thanks KingJohnC for joining the party.

Sorry I didn't get the photos uploaded when promised, had family over for the holiday weekend. Anyways here is the updated photos. One of the plants has this weird yellow/burn?/hole? going on, but it doesn't appear to be spreading. The one on the back right appears to be...what is the word...scrawny looking, at least compared with the others. What do you guys think?

5_27_13.JPG
5_27_13a.JPG

Here is the "scrawny: one:
5_27_13c.JPG

Here is that yellow burn/hole?
5_27_13b.JPG

Thanks for stopping by....

Your plants look great Cranky! It looks like the runt is bushing out rather growing as tall. Not a bad thing at all in my opinion.

You are probably right KingJohn...they are all bag seeds that I have been collecting. I was considering moving the plants around under the light to see if that made a difference. They seem to be bunching up at this point. One of my fans decided to die on me, so have to get that replaced, supposed to be some really hot days coming up. Will take some pics and get them up. Really wish they would show sex, just to have the comfort of knowing...patience is a virtue, I guess.

Boblove....you are coming right up on that growth. It really is amazing.

This indoor grow process just amazes me. I can not believe how fast these babies grow under these types of lights. I'm have been looking really close and I still think I have 3 females and maybe one male. trying hard to make sure if that one is a male to get rid of it as fast as possible. Replaced the broken fan today. Just in time, it was close to 90 today. Starting to think when to switch to flowering. I have 2 and a half feet left of room to the ceiling. Anyone have any thoughts? Also, I have used no nutes as of yet either, as I haven't felt they needed it yet. Is this a mistake? I didn't use nutes last year with my outdoor grow until flowering started. Thanks in advance for any thoughts or advise.

Here are the pics of the day:
5_30_13c.JPG

Can't beleve the growth with this one:
5_30_13a.JPG

The "runt":
5_30_13_b.JPG

5_30_13.JPG

Thanks for stopping by!!! :peace:

Back
Top Bottom