Psycho's 1st Journal Tangerine Dream - Purple Maroc - Bubblegummer - Soil Grow

Psychosic

Hey everyone! I have been reading tons of things on this site for a few weeks now and have really enjoyed the community as a whole, along with the excellent advice the members here provide to new members. It has inspired me to make my own journal. This will be my second actual grow, the first one was a total mess (1k HPS in my tent, temps way too high, then dried too fast and ruined the cure lol). I've learned a lot and will be applying it to this grow. I have a good feeling about everything this time around, let's see how it goes!

First things first my stats:
What strain is it? Tangerine Dream x3, Purple Maroc x1, Bubblegummer x1 and a random bagseed.
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg.
If in Veg... For how long? about 1 1/2 weeks.
Soil or Hydro? Soil.
If soil... what is in your mix? I'm using Sta-Green flower and vegetable mix it has a small amount of ferts in it. I couldn't find anything locally with none and this was the lowest. (0.05/0.04/0.03)
If soil... What size pot? 3gal pots.
Size of light? 600w MH/HPS Dimmable Ballast, MH bulb currently in use.
Is it aircooled? 6in Cooltube
Temp of Room/cab? I can't find my old thermometer but I would estimate about 70ish.
Any Pests ? Nope.
How often are you watering? Only when soil is dry.
Type and strength of ferts used? Nothing but the soil atm. I have a Technaflora Recipe for Success Kit for later.

Now for pics:
this is my tent, its a 2'x4'x5'.
08104.jpg

Another angle.
07104.jpg

I have recently moved the light down closer to the plants since it runs very cool with the small fan inside and the 6in exhaust fan. You can feel almost no heat a few inches under the light, so it should be ok.

Finally pics of my plants:
Tangerine Dream #1.
01405.jpg

Tangerine Dream #2 The ends got wet during a watering and burned a bit, noob mistake.
02204.jpg

Tangerine Dream #3.
03204.jpg

Purple Maroc. This plant has just been a beast since it popped soil lol.
04108.jpg

My poor Bubblegummer. I have no idea what happened to it. I did nothing but water it just like the rest. It seems to be trying to make a comeback but its root system is tiny compared to the others.
05108.jpg

And last is my bag seed. This grow was supposed to be an all bag seed experiment but out of the 8 I tried to germ only this one popped then got lightburned. I'm not stressing it though for all I know its a male.
06106.jpg

I just recently took them all from their starter pots and replanted into the 3gal containers with the new soil. Hopefully the little nutes in it will help them get stronger and/or recover. I haven't given up on the Bubblegummer. I know it will pull through, its starting new leaves and still has color so we'll see. Any and all advice is appreciated. I plan on updating this as much as possible and I look forward to your comments.

~Psycho

Re: Psycho's 1st Journal Tangerine Dream/Purple Maroc/Bubblegummer(hopefully) - Soil

Hey everyone. Just a small update on my 2 recovering plants. The bag seed is actually recovering well while the Bubblegummer is still on the fence but appears to be trying. I'm not sure if I should give it anything to help with its root growth, I wouldn't want to nute it to death while its so weak.

Bag seed making a comeback.
IMG_25089.JPG

Bubblegummer hanging in there.
IMG_251311.JPG

Only time will tell. I'm really rooting for her. Does anyone have any ideas to increase her chances?
Thanks in advance.

~Psycho

Re: Psycho's 1st Journal Tangerine Dream/Purple Maroc/Bubblegummer(hopefully) - Soil

hey Psychosic ive had some twisted leaves on my seedlings and vegging plants before and it could be the nutes in the soil itself, even tho its not much it may still be too much for the little seedlings

Hey Frosty, thanks for stopping by. The leaves curled under while it was still in the starter tray, during that time it was only given water. I moved it to the pot with the soil in hopes that the nutes would help it recover. I suspect the curl was either caused by the light or possibly the small fan I have inside the tent. During the transplant I noticed its root system was super small, and I think that was due to whatever stress the plant endured.

oh i see i hope it comes out well but it could just be a weak or sickly seed but hey these plants are very resilient so who knows it could bounce back, mine suffered heat stress nute stress low temps the growth was very stunted and now as you saw in my journal she has flourished nicely so much luck and i will stay tuned for your grow:popcorn:

another thing i noticed it looks like a lot of bark in that soil they are in, alot of times bark can be too acidic at least from what i have read here at 420mag so that is a possibilty too

Yeah like I said I haven't given up on her yet. As long as it isn't dead I have faith it will be fine just much smaller then the rest. The bag seed has made a really decent comeback I wish it would trade places with the Bubblegummer but oh well. lol.

you could try change to a seedling starter mix that is peat moss perlite and cocoa fiber it might help you out

Thank you Hozona! Yes I agree this is the best site I have come across and I have looked at a ton of them. This is the only site I felt the need to participate in. The community is awesome and extremely helpful. feels like a home away from home for real lol.

lol well i guess it depends on your region, im not sure if composted pine bark is as acidic as regular bark is

well i guess time shall tell my friend, i too will be starting a new grow soon with some blue dream seeds and ill be right where you are, or a few steps back really i cant wait, growing has turned into a real passion of mine and this is just after my first grow :cheesygrinsmiley:

Trust me man I hear that. I'm just bascally starting this grow and already planning my next one lol. Just need to figure out what to grow next. I'm thinking I may try autos next round there's 2 strains called dark devil and red poison I'm interested in. They look awesome and I love the names lol.

hell yea those names sound awesome i just looked up the 2 and if it is the color that i see on google than holy shit send some my way those are some beautiful plants right there mm mm mmmmmm

i agree with you there they are beautiful plants no matter how strong and potent the smell lol

Back
Top Bottom