The Grow by 916Grow! Indoor Grow From Nothing to Green

916grow

Hey guys! For those of you who helped out in my thread b4 I am back with the promised grow journal! This will be number 1 of 2 in the next few months. This Journal will Cover my current grow and some pics of my First Plant Ever! ( super gimped ;););) )

To Start I will just give you an idea of what I have going on.

4x4 Gorilla Grow Tent ( 1000w )
A makeshift bar area in process of being turned into a veg area ( 4 bulb t5 fixture )
1 clone/seed dome W/ t5 light fixture
Nute Line right now is Flora series from General Hydro
For information sake PPM/pH meter both from BlueLabs
Patient of CA prop215
Weather consistent with Beach cities of Southern California
beginning

Plants:
SDA_638.JPG
SDA_639.JPG
SDA_594.JPG
SDA_595.JPG

5 " Wonder " seeds from Bonzaseedbank \ Planted in about 60/40 coco mix /
-These are suppose to be super auto flower feminized small yeilding super plants. I got it to grow outside for fun but things are working out they are just being run to get my feet wet with the indoor setting.

1 " Vision Bubble " Free seed \ Planted in about 60/40 coco mix /

1 " Afghani " Found 5 seeds in my weed 1 popped \ Planted in Fox Farm Ocean Forest /
- About 1 week older then all other plants and currently the Largest in all photos

ALL SEEDS WHERE PUT IN CLONE DOME AND POPPED WITH 100% SUCCESS RATE
- I expect that 1 of the 5 "wonder" may be male only because it shot way further up then the others although that could have been me planting that seed a bit more shallow then the others.

So far Everything I previously mentioned is set up to an extent. This next portion will be to describe where I am at and what my direction is for each area.

4x4 Tent
- 1oooW bulb hopefully I will be running at 1oooW but may need to scale down to 750.
- Tube Hood * Full sized *
- 6" fan for inline air
- 6" fan for the bulb itself
- 4" fan for exhaust with carbon filter ( Someone please let me know if I need to switch inline and exhaust for correct venting Ive re read so many times I have confused myself )

The plan as of right now is to exhaust either out the fire place right next to my tent or the air vent right above my tent thinking it may warm the place up a tiny bit orrrr the air will just kinda cool off in the vents. We do not use AC/Heat here due to electricity costing so much so this idea just came about sitting infront of my tent debating plans.

As far as construction goes the tent is standing and has the hood / carbon filter in but I havent got around to finishing off venting and testing out temps. I will include some pics of the hood and all the items I bought here but will post more recent soon.

GROW_00329.JPG

GROW_00427.JPG

***** Average room temp is about 70-80 degrees MAX I live near the beach and right above a garage so my apartment stays generally cool ******

Veg area
------Basically its a little corner bar in the Den Im turning into a little veg area.
Right now it has a T5 4 Bulb fixture hanging from this makeshift structure I made because the ceiling is dry wall and just didnt feel safe.Eventually Ill move it down a bit create a whole shelf and make the top half a space for clone domes and turn the under sink into a bonsai mother station.

SDA_574.JPG
SDA_592.JPG
SDA_594.JPG
SDA_544.JPG

** Work to be done **
---I actually think I could do a 6 bulb fixture here and be fine so that may happen but thats at bottom of list
---I plan on lining the walls with mylar and installing a few small wall fans to create that nice lift for the plants.
( right now I just have a floor fan blowing on them on from a few feet away )
---Possibly mount a light or 2 on the wall for side light. Not sure it is worth it or not but we will see
--- After that debating making it a closed off area for light tight but I plan on running my veg area at 24hour light so not neccesary quite yet

Clone/Seed Dome Goodness

Planted all seeds the same day and honestly kind of botched the operation its my first time doing ALL of this kind of stuff but no worries experience is gold! 3 days later 3/6 had popped when I woke up in the morning and a 4th had come up when I got back from running errands in the afternoon. Over the next 2 days the last 3 popped but one came up upside down. For this one I split the cube and just flipped it over and it seems to be doing quite well. Overall time in the dome was 1 week I believe. Temps stayed around 78-85 while humidity was usually anywhere from 80-100. I also got some free " co2 pads " for the dome so I through one in there as well. I dont have exact days for anyone of these plants because I was a little behind as far as planning goes and didnt really keep a record just went into it. About 2 days go now I moved them from the dome as they hardened off and put them into their new pots you saw them in at the top. What they are in now is a coco/soil mix.

SDA_614.JPG
SDA_601.JPG
SDA_599.JPG
SDA_573.JPG
SDA_570.JPG

The promised extra goodies! This is my extremely dwarfed FIRST PLANT EVER. Story behind it goes like this. 420 I got it for free was in bad shape and living in a med bottle under a shitty light. I was ignorant to all things plant at this point and had done no reading yet at all. I took it home put it directly into miracle grow and outside BIG MISTAKE. 2 days later I moved it to Fox Farm Ocean Forest and a bigger pot where it stayed outside for the rest of its life. Over 3 months of rootlock and the plant still doing its best I had myself a little plant.

These are the pics:
SDA_525.JPG
SDA_526.JPG
SDA_529.JPG
SDA_530.JPG
SDA_533.JPG
SDA_532.JPG
SDA_531.JPG
SDA_535.JPG
SDA_589.JPG

--- I have more pics of this plant as it grew somewhere and will find them and update this when I do!

And thats it everyone! Here we go! Cant wait to see where this goes and all the great advice everyone may offer! Grab a seat, a bunch of your favorite flower and kick back with me for the ride! New updated pics coming very soon! Current pics are about 3-4 days behind just so I have some current stuff for you guys more often!

Re: The Begging! Indoor Grow from nothing to Green

Hi 916grow,

Everything looks super although I'm not sure how excited I am that your sacrificing a bar area for your veg area! I mean I love our green friends as much as the next guy or gal, but ya gotta have a drink every now and then too! LOL :rofl:

I really like all the goodies you've purchased and am excited to follow along in your grow. Thanks for sharing it.

One suggestion/observation I'd like to share - wait, make that two; Thread title is "The Begging"? Did you mean "The Beginning"? Second observation/suggestion is to watch the background of photos that may contain photo's or other identifying information. You may be as legal as the day is long, but that won't keep someone from figuring out more about you (name, location, family?) than you may want the world to know.

Otherwise, thank you again for sharing your grow and Happy Growing! :bravo:

Re: The Begging! Indoor Grow from nothing to Green

Nope I do indeed need to fix that! lol I thought about the pictures for a moment too and none really matter but Im prob going to delete for privacy sake regardless. Thanks !

Glad to have you on my friend!

Re: The grow by 916grow ! Indoor Grow from nothing to Green

*UPDATE*

By recommendation the terrible pictures of hood construction are removed due to privacy reasons and have been replaced with current photo of entire tent and grow area.

AND

Up to date as of like 4 mins ago pictures of everything!
GROW_00813.JPG
GROW_00720.JPG
GROW_00523.JPG
GROW_00136.JPG
SDA_639.JPG

subbed,

nice set up, will be an interesting grow for sure,
is this your first journal on this site, if it is nice start, plenty of pics keeps others interested, its only a matter of time before you have over 100 pages and 30 or 40 followers,

its all good in the 420 mag my friend, many many top growers here who are more than happy to help,

any problems just ask a question or if you dont get any responses drop a msg in my journal asking a few of my friends to come along and have a look and see if they can help or offer advice, we are a good bunch always willing to help,

looks like you got things under control,

not sure how much growing experince you have so some of this you may know all ready,

try not to have a fan blowing directly on the plants until the 1st set of true leaves are nearly fully developed, have the fan blowing above the plants until then or have the fan far enough away so its barely moving the plant, once its got true leaves the fan will help promote strong stems and branches,

a huge mistake a lot of new growers make is over watering their plants, i made the same mistake, it badly stunts growth and will eventually kill the plant, under watering also does the same,
a good way of checking when they need watering is to fill another pot with the same growing medium and leave it dry, then you can lift the pots up and you can then tell by the weight if they need watering or not

with the nutrients its possible that they wont need anything for the 1st 2 weeks or slightly longer, their should be enough in the soil to keep them going till at least week 2 of growth, then id start with the lowest feed schedule for them nutes and see how they take it,

some strains cant take full strength nutes strait away so might be worth starting at 1/2 strength, but im not the best to comment on this as ive not had any experience with the nutrients your using, maybe someone else can offer any advice if you need it,

sorry if i have gone over everything you all ready know, but thought id mention it just in case you have not had much growing experience,

just remember these plants are weeds and it takes a lot to kill them, it dont take much to make them go hermie but to kill a plant you would have to do something drastic like over water or not water at all, to much nutes is also an issue but in soil the soil acts as a sort of buffer so ph is not usually a huge issue unless the water ph is way to high.

again sorry if i said stuff you all ready know,

well done on the journal, great start, things looking good and you got a very nice set up,

im along for the ride if thats ok,

Hey don! Good to see you back! No need to worry about telling me things I may know I'm always open to re reading to keep things fresh! This is my first grow I just did as much reading of grow "bibles" and grow journals here as I could. Can't wait to hear from everyone as they join in with us! It should be a fun ride and will def be followed by more! *spoiler* hunting for seeds now..

*Update*

The biggest plant ( afghani ) has been growing like a monster! Ill take a pic Wednesday and put it right beside a picture I took 1 week ago today when it first was brought in from outside. Crazy to think I planted that thing over 2 weeks ago and suddenly found myself with 6 more baby plants within days. Pretty enthusiastic and excited about it all right now. I noticed the bigger plant is starting to have what seems to be a salt build up issue from my tap water * I must admit I havent been giving my plants the kind of water they deserve * so I went and got some nice water for them. I should be watering them tonight or tomorrow morning and will give them the rest of the day to take to the water.

Quick question for everyone out there though. The 6 I have in a coco soil mix would you recommend watering them with a 0ppm water after feeding them on the last water or should I always include some sort of food? Im assuming the soil still has some nutrients in it and soaked up some from the last feed so Im wondering if that would be enough this go around or if it would be better to atleast through in some protek or something. Unfortunately I dont think I have a pH or ppm of the run off water from any of the plants on the last feed. I will say that the first watering in the new coco/soil mix was the same time I fed the plants water with a full blast of week 1 nutes at about half strength.

Anyways thanks to everyone on board and Hello whom ever knew may stop in!
* new picture update coming Wednesday *

Hi 916,

No experience with coco so can't offer an experience based suggestion on feeding. My medium is a heavily amended soil/composted peat mix though and I didn't begin feeding my plants until they were about a month old from seed (3 or 4 sets of true leaves). I may have waited a longer than more experienced growers would have, but I was very hesitant about burning them up. Figured it would be easier to bounce back from a stunted/underfed plant than trying to undo an overfed plant.

i would hold off until your plants have grown, i would wait until they are 4-5 inches tall and have 5 sets of nodes growing before adding 1/4 strength nutrients. i always use nutrients for vegetative growth or flowering unless i am flushing.

i would hold off until your plants have grown, i would wait until they are 4-5 inches tall and have 5 sets of nodes growing before adding 1/4 strength nutrients. i always use nutrients for vegetative growth or flowering unless i am flushing.

So regardless of soil or soil/coco mix just water with regular 0ppm water at 6.5ph? until 4-5 inches tall with 5 sets of nodes? Then bring in 1/4 nutes strength? Is that in accordance with the bottle instructions or a feeding schedule provided by the nutrient company? Nutes in general still is quite hazy for me Im going to have to give that chapter a thorough reread very soon.

*update*
Short Version for now:
Watered
Added some of my mix to a pot
* Didnt go very well kind of botched the whole procedure unfortunately due to being careless, noob mistake and shouldnt have happened*

Will include pictures of todays work and up to date pictures of them in the morning just to give them a day to take to the watering. The afghani is still doing quite nicely and is starting to get growth at all the branch to stem intersections(would this be the node spaces you speak of?) Stuff like this I understand but am hazy on but hey gotta learn somehow!

Anywho cant wait to get those pics up for you guys and thanks for all the advice so far! Dont forget to invite your friends it should be a fun ride!

Also * Recently got ahold of some product to do some small bho runs and will prob put pictures of how that comes out in here just as a bonus! I hope to get some solid discussion going on both growing for first timers like myself and people discussing methods of making different BHO products out there.

i recommend you use the company who manufacturers your nutrients feeding schedule and start with a 1/4 strength of recommended nutrient dosage and slowly work you way up increasing 1/4 strength per watering until you are at recommended dosage once your plants are 4-5 inches tall and have 5 nodes of true leaves. small plants do not require large amounts of nutrients to grow well.

i recommend you use the company who manufacturers your nutrients feeding schedule and start with a 1/4 strength of recommended nutrient dosage and slowly work you way up increasing 1/4 strength per watering until you are at recommended dosage once your plants are 4-5 inches tall and have 5 nodes of true leaves. small plants do not require large amounts of nutrients to grow well.

Gotcha! That's just about the track I've been trying to get myself on. Today I was running into a problem hitting 6.5 on the pH scale but that could be due to I didn't give the full feeding at 1/4. Thanks again ! Having people to talk to about this stuff is quite helpful! Can't wait to take/post pictures tomorrow

**Update**

Strain names have been corrected.
The 1 free seed is a Super Silva Bubble x La Confidential 60/40 sativa dominant.

The afghani has taken very well to its watering and continues to florish daily!
week_3_033.JPG
week_3_034.JPG
week_3_035.JPG

All of the baby plants are doing well and had nice growth over night aswell. Here are some pics of them getting watered outside and catching some rays! :roorrip::roorrip:
week_3_013.JPG
week_3_011.JPG
week_3_010.JPG

Unfortunately I watered a little light on the nute side trying to feel out this coco/soil mix stuff so the babys are getting a little flush green but not too bad. Next watering should be in 2 days or less depending on if I rotate them outside for a bit today and I hope to correct the issue then.

In other news I sourced some product to do some bho practice runs on so I figured Id show you guys that stuff so you can see it b4 and after its run. I also ordered a 3 cfm 2 stage vac and a 3 gallon chamber last night to get the stuff done right. Basically I have replicated Knotty's system for any of you who are familiar with him on Youtube for concentrate video's.
week_3_025.JPG

^^ heres what we will be working with to start though! About 48 grams of bud in the larger bag and 60-70 of shake/trim between the other 3.

***** Extra *****

A few pictures of my first run on just 7 grams of some very cheap afghani nugs which is actually where the seed came from for the bigger plant I have AND 7 grams of some popcorn BC Bubba nugs. The afghani turned out to be a very nice wax but the bc bubba just had to short of a medication period.
SDA_564.JPG
SDA_429.JPG

SDA_434.JPG

And finally Kick Back and lets burn!
Patients only of course!
week_3_031.JPG

Quick question guys! I have been debating on if its better to have my lights as close as I can or a bit far away at this point. They are only cfls and I can keep temps on top of leaf according to laser gun to 73 degrees and it feels like a lovely warm when I do the hand check at about 3-3.5 inches away. What do you guys recommend?

Update!

Hey everyone sorry I have been MIA for the past week or so. Few days back I found myself in the hospital for a bnch of shit all caused by what they say is stress. So Ive taken a vaca out to the montains for a few days bt will be back soon with PICS PICS PICS the afghani is huuuuge and all the babies are doing well!.

BONUS
I picked up 5 local aloha kush seeds and 3 madman og seeds so hopefully those turn out to be a nice new project soon!

Back
Top Bottom