Voodoo's 600W Top Fed Rdwc SCROG Random Strain

SWvoodoo

Ok so here we go, this is my first time and it's been many years since I last had to write anything with any sort of punctuation or grammar, so please be gentle.

Setup
600w mh/hps vented hood
1.2mx1.2mx2m mylar tent
8 inch centrifugal fan with speed controller (exhaust)
6 inch ducting
carbon filter
all of the above are growlush products
12 inch rotating fan (circulation)
D.I.Y. 32L dwc tub with 4 net pots
20L resevoir
Topflo pump that's a little too powerful feeding four feeder lines
4 outlet halipai air pump running 4 ceramic airstones
a circulator pump in the res for helping mix nutes etc
Standard run of the mill budget hydro nutes from the local hardware

The whole thing was done on a tight budget and with little knowledge as im finding out! All up its cost me about $700.
Looking forward to sharing it with you guys! Ill post pics as often as I can thanks for reading! Voodoo. :thumb:

Re: Voodoo's 600W top fed rdwc SCROG random strain.

Rough Start.
A friend of mine was having great success with hydro growing, was on his second grow and seemed to have little knowledge of the subject. I thought to myself if he can grow like that surely with a little research I could do the same if not better. So I started reading online looked into Dwc a LITTLE and decided it sounded great! Little did I know the journey it was going to send me on.
I order my materials and equipment needed, most comes from online and a little diy making the tank and reservoir. My good friend with the green thumb gave me 6 clones in rockwool of a strain I grew outdoors last year which I put in the netpots surrounded with expanded clay.
I was ignorant and thought that only the pros messed around with ph and ec and all that jazz. After all I'd grown some nice plants outdoors with very little fuss. So in the poor things went straight tap water a ph of 7.2 open substrate and light streaming into my tank and reservoir. To top this all off id read that roots like a warm environment so I added a fish heater set to 26c. :bravo:
Bring on 4 weeks of nightmarish hell battling root rot struggling with the basics of hydroponics wondering why I'd even started this all. BUT this is a success story! Fast forward five weeks since getting those clones and I have four girls that are all starting to come along nicely.
I will post some pics of them tomorrow but they wont be great my camera hates my light.

IMAG014618.jpg

IMAG018013.jpg

IMAG021114.jpg

The strain Im replicating.

As you can see on the larger plants I have started to train the tops at an early stage aiming for a lot of lateral growth to fill the anticipated scrog screen. I've been tying them down for a couple of days and then letting them loose for a couple hoping to balance some of the auxin delivery. It seems to be working.
My next dilemma is when to screen it what height etc and seeing as this is an unknown strain how much to estimate for stretch after turning to 12/12. I'm sure that 3-4 plants will fill a 1mx1m screen pretty quickly...
When grown outdoors this plant was small with quite long internodes and flowered earlier than my other strains. But had a killer smoke, very heavy effects.

another of my previous lst outdoor stealth plants. I would bury the pot making this plant about 2 1/2 ft tall at harvest and yielded 10 ounces of premium top colas
IMG00793-20120307-1617.jpg

Nice work so far:) Happy Weednesday! now go do that voodoo you do so well:)

Just ordered a new digital ph meter, humidity/temp meter, a nutrient wand (mine only measured to 1999 uscm) and even splurged on some digital scales, lux meter and infra red temp gun. I think I might be set for gadgets. Not bad for a little over a hundred dollars though.
All systems are stable.
650 ppm nutes
1.9 ec stable
ph 5.8 stable
drinking about 2L a day
res temp 18-22c
room temp 19-26c it has been a little high but I redirected my outlet ducting which seems to have worked.
I released the tie downs to let the upper nodes have a stretch as some of the lower branches have really taken off. I will get a shot of them after 24 hrs of being released, they sure perk up! quick!

Happy Frieday SW:)

Took off for the weekend pics when I get back...
Enjoy your weekend SW and happy Sativaday:)

Ok welcome aboard all!! Back from a much needed break and ready to grow!!
I got a little overzealous in tying down the girls before my trip and in my haste I half snapped a leading stem. After cursing myself for being so rough I grabbed some painters masking tape and wrapped the stem back in place with fingers crossed, seems to have worked. If anything it has simply given the lower branches an even bigger boost, just hope the broken stem heals.

Looking good Voodoo. I'm sub'd. The broken stem that you taped up should heal itself, just leave the tape on it and you'll be good, and like you said, the lower branches are gonna shoot up ;)
I'm watching :popcorn:

:rollit:

Back
Top Bottom