Bloo's Barney's Vanilla Kush Grow - New Room & Setup & a Bit of a Catch Up

bloo58

Hello Again, Long time since I've been here, Last grow did not eventuate, We had an issue with our water pipes being 60 years old and made of galvanised steel.. needless to say.. Orange water isn't not a good thing, for both myself and my weed, So the owner decided to replace said pipes AND raise our rent by $40 a week before fixing the problem..., meaning I had to say good by the spindly little beast and my grow op for a cpl of months while we relocated.. BUT every cloud has a silver lining, No longer in a share house, just me and the missus now, settled in, got a separate area detached from the house, lockable and completely incognito, perfect for a stealth grow, Which I'm now going to tell you all about

So.. I was getting tired of the lottery that is bag beans.. dont want to have more than one plant going at a time as I can explain that as personal use(not that it'd go down like that but helps me sleep at night), So I trawled thru some banks and upon checking the sponsor page, these guys aren't in the list so I wont mention any names, but I will say they SHOULD be.. excellent service, but I digress

Anyway.. got me some feminised beasties, all made it thru with zero problems, the lucky candidates from my wishlist that got ordered were Barneys Vanilla Kush, G13 Haze, White Rhino and I scored some free reg's in the form of Big Bud and another Fem Northern Lights, So I've gone fairly retro with my strains, which I'm happy about, I selected what I consider to be some 'bullet-proof' strains, in that they've been around for a while, info is readily available for them etc etc.. but again I'm rambling

Current Grow
Strain : Barney's Vanilla Kush
Method : DWC Bubble Bucket
Nutrients : Cannazym Vege A+B, Cannazym Flores A+B,
Micro Additives : Cannazym Rhizotonic, Cannazym PK 13-14
Lighting : 130w CFL + 6 35w CFL general purpose globes as ambient lighting for lower sections

Straight off the bat, I've noticed a distinct difference in the growing power of this girl, genetics count for A LOT.. She's about 3 weeks into flower at the moment, Spent a good 2 months in veg, and it has paid off, Super thick stem's, a bountiful root mass (which I didnt photo, bit of a mission atm) and some of the biggest fan leaves I've ever seen.

Here she is at the moment.. she went thru a bit of defoliation today, and I've added a higher velocity air pump, as I think I might have the beginnings of root rot, I noticed the water getting cloudy and smelling like broccoli yesterday, also noticed at the same time that the air stone was well tangled in the root stock, and not delivering nearly enough air to the system, upgraded from 2500r/f pump to 7500r/f pump.. will keep an eye on it over next few days and do water changes as required

2 Weeks Ago

20130717_062543.jpg

1 Week Ago

20130731_153002.jpg

the result of some attempted tethering, managed to split the stem really well.. also managed to tie it back up with pipe cleaners and save her with little to no damage

20130731_153028.jpg

As of Today, looking very thin after a haircut

20130811_151256.jpg
20130811_151302.jpg
20130811_151306.jpg
20130811_151335.jpg
20130811_151354.jpg

Some of the smaller fan leaves

20130811_151410.jpg

So that's it for now.. Cheers for reading my short story, Updates to come, As always, advice and recommendations are welcome (in terms of the defoliation I would like some advice), Don't be scared to post.. I don't bite..

Cheers Bloo

re: Bloo's Barney's Vanilla Kush Grow - New Room & Setup and a Bit of a Catch Up

looks good, can't wait to see more

re: Bloo's Barney's Vanilla Kush Grow - New Room & Setup & a Bit of a Catch Up

Doo da doo, pics for you!!

Its Friday, woot woot, I was just sitting down with her, noticed the first signs of winter, startin to get frosty :D, was starting to think it'd never happen

20130816_161650.jpg

20130816_161619.jpg

20130816_161524.jpg

20130816_153810.jpg

Most people, seems to me at least, consider bloom time to start when they "flip the switch" shall we say. Some strains in my experience, its better to start the count down when actual flowering begins, ie, pistils. You might wanna consider shedding some of your upper fan leaves or increasing your light penetration imho.

Most people, seems to me at least, consider bloom time to start when they "flip the switch" shall we say. Some strains in my experience, its better to start the count down when actual flowering begins, ie, pistils. You might wanna consider shedding some of your upper fan leaves or increasing your light penetration imho.

I consider the plant in 'flower' as of the 12/12 light sched, 'bloom' is when I see pistils, 'full bloom' is where I am at now, bud sites forming, stretch slowing down etc.

You think I need to lose more fans?, I do have the 6 side lights feeding the under/side canopy as well as the top light, I thought it was good to leave some big sugar leaves up top for photo.. these are looking like they will be some thick cola's, dont want to starve them by taking all the big factories supplying them out..

I believe i see a pollen sack on the top of that bud, carefully remove it with either tweezers or an Exacto knife.

I took my hand microscope down today to inspect this, there is a vibrant green shoot sticking up out of the otherwise purpleish head :D, thankfully no pollen sac that I could see

Quick pic update

Been hittin her hard with some defoliation over the last few days, looks like its paying off, bud sites filling nicely, starting to get a bit of whiff about her, hard to put a finger on the fragrance but its nice either way

Cloudy, broccoli smelling water has subsided, upping the air flow into the water has worked a treat, however the roots are no longer that nice white, but more of a cream, bone, off-white, ivory or beige colour (aussies may or may not get that reference), still a nice mass, anyhow onto the family snaps

20130821_150846.jpg

20130821_150849.jpg

20130821_150858.jpg

Head 1

20130821_150909.jpg

20130821_150924.jpg

Head 2

20130821_150913.jpg

20130821_150930.jpg

:thumb: having a ball with this girl.. cant wait to start my g13 haze next grow

Peace
Bloo

Hey Hey Hey, Happy Sunday/Saturday wherever you are, my first mate has abandoned me and my boating quest, so here's some pictures to qwell my boredom

4 days since last leaves were forcefully removed, have lolly popped a few of the smaller branches, see what happens with them, I figure its better than chopping them completely, they wont yield much but IMO something is better than nothing :D

Top Down of the girl, and my stylish trackie dack/uggies combo, all up I counter 46 bud sites :D

20130825_105918.jpg

This little node has been interesting, looks like she was trying so hard to split, but hasnt and is now growing 2 heads off the one spot, kinda hard to see what I mean as its so close together, but there is defiantly 2 heads coming out there

20130825_110141.jpg

20130825_110044.jpg

20130825_110205.jpg

just for clarity, who among you would take all these main stem shoots off, I dont want to, but if it will help the top cola's form, I am willing to take some of the higher up ones off, but as I said above, something is better than nothing for me, so the more growing points is have the better

20130825_110229.jpg

Thats all

Peace
Bloo

Thought I'd throw up some pics of the local goodness

Had a pretty tough 48 hours, town is dry, had to smoke some of the leaf to keep me sated, didnt work, been awake for nearly 29 hours now :( not enjoying it, even binominal probability study didnt put me to sleep at 3am, but my mate has come thru with some 'red bull'(?, never heard of it but HUZZAH!! :high-five:) for me this mornin

20130912_100403_.jpg

20130912_100435_.jpg

nice pungent aroma, sorta citrus and a little bit minty, pretty ordinary mouth taste, nothing special, thankfully it's hitting like a truck, 2 bongs and I'm off to watch Parks and Recreation and have a kip on the couch :p

Peace
Bloo

Cheers for dropping by CareStaker :D

She's really starting to fill out now, Will be upping some more pics this weekend, but I broke out the microscope this morning to have a gander at the triches, see how they're coming along, no amber at all yet which is good, want them to thicken up a bit before I see any amber..

its like a forest of shrooms, I love it, plants in general amaze me, I sat out the back watchin a huge eucalyptus in a fairly strong breeze the other day for about 2 hours, nature is just phenomenal, I often sit and muse over apples and oranges and other fruits, and think what fantastic mutations, and how lucky we are, we really hit the jackpot in terms of where we landed in the universe, as far as we know that is, but enough 'gettin deep'..

For some reason my pic is uploading no matter what I do to it.. so that might come later, for now I'll just do a dance..

_O/ ,
\ / \O_
/\_ `\_\ ,/\/
\ ` , \ /
` O/ / /O\ \ ♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪
/\|/\. `

this has been a very random post.. time to get high... me thinks

Sub'd. Looks like she will reward you.

Back
Top Bottom