LadyJane420's Seed to Flower - Hydro - Journal - 3rd Crop

LadyJane420

Ok Ok I like to keep my word so here I go with my 3rd crop & 2nd journal.

I have 10 Lucy's by Barney's
1 AK Auto by Blimburn Seeds
1 OG 13 G13 labs
1 Black Widow by Positronics

This is how I germinate them. 1st of all I've heard you can keep them 6 months in a cool dry place...I've had mine in a tin for a couple of months. I'm never sure how many to start with...I have room for 12 plants in my vege cabinet and 9 in my flowering chamber.

The 1st thing I do is get my bathroom up to temperature & humidity. I like to germinate with the temp about 80F and ~65% humidity. I use a simple humidifier:
humidifier1.jpg

and heater:

heater2.jpg

The 2nd thing I do is label three separate glasses for the single seeds, and have one glass for the 10 lucys.

glasses_w_seeds.jpg

I use distilled water for germinating because the 1st time I used it and got 100% germination. With ph balanced water not so good for this stage.

Notice the seeds will float to the top and stay there a while. Don't panic. They will sink to the bottom in about 24 hours.

Make sure you turn all the lights out in your room, they like the darkness.

Tomorrow I will transfer the seeds to a piece of cheesecloth over a tray with a rack and let them germinate there.

More photos then :green_heart:

Re: LadyJane420's Seed to Flower-Hydro-Journal -3rd Crop

what i like to do is use a bowl instead of a glass, and then cover it with a small plate, and put it ontop of the fridge.

easy way to keep the light out, and the top of the fridge adds a little warmth.

anyways. Subbed :) looking forward to it.

Thanks for the input. I know I need to relax a little more :surf: but I really feel a need to control temp & humidity. Then when something goes wrong at least I know it's not that. :thanks:

It's always good to try and control everything. But just don't interfere too much :)

Gotta remember they DO grow by themselves out in the forest.

Nothing wrong with trying to be optimal, but in the end , keep it simple is a good rule to follow too.

I haven't lost or not had a seed germinate yet. And in dirt, I just do the plate method. And once they have a 1cm tap root. Drop them half an inch in the dirt, turn on my timer and wait 3 weeks. By then they are 10 nodes tall and I start to feed :)

Ps my seeds right now are 2 years old and still popping

Good Morning To You!

I've just had a cuppa and some yummy lemon cannacake so I'm ready to show how I germinate seeds. There are many successful methods out there but this seems to work for me. Thanks to Jorge.

The first thing I do is gather my overwhelming amount of supplies: a tray with a grate and some Cheesecloth

germ_supp.jpg

I love this grate because it's real easy to drain the excess. The next step is to label the a layer of cheesecloth and place it over the grate:

labl_sorted.jpg

and pour the beans from the glasses in the appropriate spot.

I then take one or two more layers of cheesecloth and drape them over the beans. I moisten the cloth a bit more

germ_wtr.jpg

and drain the excess.

germ_drain.jpg

They are now ready to sprout in their steamy 80% 65/rh. I keep an eye on them - see how moist the cloth is -should be moist but the beans shouldn't be sitting in a pile of water. It takes a few days before I see enough sprouts to plant in the rockwool 1" cubes.

P1010735.jpg

Don't forget lights off!

How you have a fun filled Sunday. :woohoo:

Hi Everybody!

Well it's been 2 days since I put the beans on the cheesecloth, kept them warm in my steamy room, and now a couple of my Lucys are starting to sprout. There may be more but sometimes they sprout down into the cheesecloth and I don't want to move them around. Promise to put up a pic tomorrow, the 1st photo I took showed the sprout but it was way too blurry to upload. Don't want to use a flash on them yet. I try to forget about them but can't forget about them too long because I try and keep the cheesecloth moistened with distilled water. In a couple of days I'll see how many I have and I'll plant the ones that haven't sprouted too because you never know - I've been surprised both ways. I have seen plants I thought were gonna die in a minute come to life and others that just didn't make it. How this crop goes - your guess is as good as mine so far.

:Namaste:

Happy two tokes (when I get back from the dentist) Tuesdays. I just use medibles for that.

Anyway back to basics - here's a pic of my Lucy's at day 4 you can see the bean pods starting to crack :high-five:

day4_cc.jpg

Have a great day with lots of greens.

Hello all you wonderful folks out there!

Today is day 6 since I started germinating and everybody's ready to be planted! Yay! I know this is the most basic of stuff, but when I started there was so much info out there some of the simplest things become confusing. So I started out this morning by soaking 15 1" rockwool cubes in a bucket of ph balanced (5.9) tap water for 4 hours or so. I tried to take a picture of the bucket with the rockwool soaking but it looked like there was something else besides rockwool sitting in there so I passed on that one.

Here's all that's left that I need - a clone dome - and some 1" seed planters which you can buy at any garden supply. I label the odd ones - I also have 1(OG 13), 1 Black Widow, and 1 AK 47 besides my Lucys.

plnt_supp.jpg

Then I pick up one of the rockwool cubes and squeeze about 50% of the water out. That's what I was told but how was I supposed to know what 50% felt like? So you just have to go ahead and stick your hand in there and squeeze. Then I pull the cube apart. The 1st time I tried shoving the bean through the hole in the rockwool and that was really clumsy.

Here's a pic of the seed sitting in the rockwool with the root pointing down. They germinated really well on the cheesecloth. I know it's supposed to go about 3/8 inch from the top but those beans are fiddly, then don't always go where you want them to go. For instance I started with 10 Lucy's and now I have 9. Where did the other one go?

So now that I've placed the seed I put the rockwool back together and seat it in the seed planter.

All done lights out fingers & toes crossed. The clone dome top is shut but I open it every day for a few just to get some air in. The plants stay really warm and moist in the clone dome. As soon as I start seeing green coming out the top of the planters I'll put the dome under the light.

Later, time to chill :hookah:

Nice techniques, good start LadyJane. Subscribed and looking forward to your grow. ;)

:rollit:

Hippy Saturday!

I'm so happy because some of my beans have sprouted :

I noticed they were a little dry so I gave them some ph balanced water, put the dome on, then put them under the cfl lighting in the cabinet. I'll air the dome for a few minutes every day and check moisture. I usually water when the rockwool is about 10%. You get a feel for it after a while.

Here's the cabinet with the vege chamber and flower chamber open. It's in our bedroom so I can't open the right side door all the way..

Now my only problem is the weed from my awful 1st crop (that STILL produced better weed than I've found around here) is almost gone. GASP. My purps won't be ready for harvest until October - Patience is my mantra - Patience is my mantra - Patience is my mantra.

:green_heart:

Here's a picture of my babies. They're in the 4 day of planting - 9 days since placing beans in water. I have 9 seedlings so far - think 1 more's coming up. I started with 13 beans, lost 1, planted 12. Gave VERY low dosage of grow and common. Fingers & toes crossed.

Have a great day everyone!

:Namaste:

Hello shottafire,

Thanks for stopping by. :cool:

Subbed and good luck. I like that box is it a bcnl.

Yes, it is a bcnl bloombox. It's great for people like us who have little or no experience or the time to figure this all out on our own. We keep it in our bedroom:

Have a beautiful day!

Subbed. It's great to see another Lady grower on this site! It's kind of full of testosterone 'round here, not that I mind. Kind of fun reading through the journals and the antics going on. ;-)

I couldn't have said it better myself :rofl: I can't tell you how much I appreciate your sense of humor! And guys, we love ya!

Have a beautiful day!

Hello Everyone and Happy Sativaday,

Here is a photo of the girls at day 10 of planting.

Since the roots are starting to pop out the bottom -

I've opened the vent in the clone dome. I'll take the top off tomorrow and I plan to transfer the plants to the reservoir on Tuesday. Plan on taking a trip out to the beach on Wednesday overnight with my husband and two dogs but I'm sure they'll be ok that long.

Have a great weekend & labor day :Namaste: :party:

Back
Top Bottom