VictorVonDoom's 1st Grow - Converted Mini Fridge - Indoor/Soil 2013

VictorVonDoom

Hey all at :420: :thumb:

This is to share my experience with other and to get some advice as everyone can learn summit new. Any help or advice is more that welcome, just less of the hate yeah, we all gotta learn:high-five:
I am unfortunately having to do this grow operation on a budget, so I'm having to use what i have and get things as cheep as possible. I have nearly every thing to get me going, and in the future I can upgrade my set up.
I re-cycled my old mini fridge into the grow box, as it was what i already had that is able to create its own mini ecosystem.

The information on my grow so far
What strain is it? Unknown
Is it feminized? No
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Unknown
How many plants? 1 currently, waiting for other seeds to germinate
Plants names? Kathy (After the comedian Kathy Burk)
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Currently a seedling about 8 days old
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor, Micro Grow
Soil or Hydro? Soil , Multipurpose compost for seedlings and cuttings.
If soil... What size pot? 3.5inch
Lights? 2x 23w CFL's 6500k (105w equivalent) 18/6 light cycle.
Is it aircooled? Yes, 100mm extractor with 4" fan. With 2x 52mm passive intakes
Temp of Box? About 28-29 degrees on the day cycle
RH of Box? ?
PH of Soil? ?
Any Pests? Nope
How often are you watering? Depends on touch feel, but about 3 days
Type and strength of ferts used? Not currently using any. but was thinking about using tomato ferts when she gets a bit bigger.

Hope this information is helpful and what is needed. Bare with me if i have done something wrong I'm pretty new to forums, so this is all pretty new to me.
If anyone would like any more information please feel free to ask

Wish me luck on my journey... thanks for reading
:peace:

(struggling to upload photos atm. I added them but when I click the 'My Photos' tab under this box is dosnt do anything ;()

Re: VictorVonDoom's 1st grow. converted mini fridge - indoor/soil 2013

Easy now,
just a quick update of the photos
DSC003638.JPG
DSC003609.JPG
DSC003629.JPG

Looking good. I like the re-cycled fridge/box. :thumb:
What's your plan when they get taller? You just gonna train them for a low profile? Are you going to try and flower in the fridge/box?
Good Luck with your grow my friend.
:rollit:

hey stealthgrow,

I'm planning on trying to train her to be small and bushy rather than tall, if i can is another thing ;)
Yeah I'm planning on flowering in this box as well. May be one day ill have another box so I can have a more regular supply.

:thanks: for you reply and kind words.

Hey, just a quick update. The plants I had in the photos did not work out so I purchased some seeds from Hebies pick and mix seed bank. I chose a Sage N Sour, Martian Mean Green and got a free Akron aka Snowbud and two White Wdow X Skunk #1. I decided to plant the Sage N Sour and the Snowbud first, as I don't know how big they will grow as I am very limited to space.
I've been reading up on how to keep you plants short and bushy and at the moment I am thinking it would be best for me to try LST and topping/FIM. I also have a wire shelf that came with the fridge so if it get to out of hand (height wise) I could try SCROG.

If any one could give me some tips or advise on how to grow when space is limited that would be sweet.

Peace
VictorVonDoom

i appreciate that a lot bro. I've been looking through the journals searching pc grow clf, but i haven't found any one who comment on how they get them to stay small when not using auto's or lowriders.
From what I've picked up so far I'm thinking about topping it to help it stay bushy, and also to try out LST. I'm not to sure about super cropping yet, I think that's a bit more advance.

Thanks again chap

Super Subbed

sub'd

You have some VERY GOOD people subbed here for help sir. :) Not me, Im mostly just the class clown, but I can link with the best of em! :rofl:

Heres the number one way to keep a plant small------- Dont veg very long. :):) If at all. Consider 12/12 from seed in such a small space.
Now heres a very serious question. Why didnt they "work out"? :confused:

I hope if you over watered or made another mistake you learned from it so that the 'spensive beans make it. I always reccomend bagseed to start so that you can mes up and not be out $15 for a bean. :) Good weed sir, I hope you have found your new home Welcoming. :)

A rude awakening! Dem dere Roood girls! :ganjamon:

sub'd

You have some VERY GOOD people subbed here for help sir. :) Not me, Im mostly just the class clown, but I can link with the best of em! :rofl:

Heres the number one way to keep a plant small------- Dont veg very long. :):) If at all. Consider 12/12 from seed in such a small space.
Now heres a very serious question. Why didnt they "work out"? :confused:

I hope if you over watered or made another mistake you learned from it so that the 'spensive beans make it. I always reccomend bagseed to start so that you can mes up and not be out $15 for a bean. :) Good weed sir, I hope you have found your new home Welcoming. :)

I feel very honored, :thumb:

Yeah that's what i was thinking, short veg. i was gonna to lst to run them the length of my box and when i go close to the other side switch it like you did on your last PC grow. but I'll go for SCRoG if that's what you suggest pal, ive seen your grow so very gratefull for the advise.

Right, the reason they didn't work is because I planted bad seed and some nandos chilli seed all in jiffy bag's but got the mixed up. So i thought i had one bag seed pop but it was in fact a chilli plant. So i decided to buy some proper seeds.
I just planted the seeds straight in the soil and gave them a good watering to get the soil nice and moist as i didn't have any jiffy bags left. I planted 15 bag seed and non pop'd the were over 5 years old to be fair.

Back
Top Bottom