Hodder's Scrog - MK Ultra - Soil - HPS - Air Pot

hodder356

:surf::welcome::surf:

Welcome to my next single plant scrog everyone! Here are the specs:

What strain is it? Mk Ultra by THSeeds
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Mostly Indica, G-13 crossed with O.G. Kush
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Just flipped to 12/12
If in Veg... For how long? Vegged for 2 months
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor DR60 Tent
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Fox Farms Ocean Forest with extra perlite
If soil... What size pot? Blue bottom Air-Pot, 5 gallon equiv.
Size of light? T5 flouro for veg, 300 watts of HPS for flower
Is it aircooled? 4'' inline fan for exhaust
Temp of Room/cab? staying in the high 70's F
RH of Room/cab? staying around 40-50%
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ? None
How often are you watering? Once a week during veg, twice a week usually in flower, when she needs it!
Type and strength of ferts used? Fox Farms basic trio plus Microbe Brew, very low strength this round

So this journal will be nice and simple: 1 plant with the goal of 4+ ounces. My last single plant scrog came in just under 4 ounces so this time we are gonna go the distance! My scrog and tent are both 2' x 2', the tent is about 5.5' tall. We are using a larger size air pot this time, the blue bottom, more space for roots means more buds! My seed popped its shell on 8/6 and these first pics start on 8/20. She vegged for a little bit in my plastic tub then moved into the tent once the last scrog was harvested. She started with 24/0 light cycle, then to 20/4, and finished the last month of veg on 18/6. here is the first batch of pics.

DSCN013311.JPG

DSCN01347.JPG

I put those white pebbles on top of the soil to keep soil moist and to let roots grow closer to surface
DSCN013512.JPG

DSCN01368.JPG

DSCN013711.JPG

Simple LST is how I bush out my plants, lots of tie downs and removal of big fan leaves during veg
DSCN01388.JPG

DSCN014510.JPG

DSCN01466.JPG

DSCN01475.JPG

DSCN014812.JPG

DSCN01498.JPG

DSCN01598.JPG

DSCN016010.JPG

DSCN01619.JPG

DSCN01629.JPG

DSCN016311.JPG

Last massive defoliation before the screen went into place
DSCN016410.JPG

DSCN016511.JPG

DSCN016611.JPG

Now i'll post the pics of when I put the screen in place...
:peace:

:welcome:

So here on 9/17 I put the screen in place. The scrog is 2'x2' and the squares are 2''x2''. My scrog is made from wire this time to keep everything in place better. In some of these pics you'll notice I have HPS and the T5 in the tent, I felt I needed more light, next grow I want a second T5 unit. This is the fullest I have ever let my screen get before flipping to 12/12, hopefully Ill hit my 4 ounce goal this way.

DSCN016711.JPG

DSCN016812.JPG

DSCN016912.JPG

DSCN01709.JPG

DSCN017112.JPG

DSCN01725.JPG

DSCN017311.JPG

DSCN017411.JPG

DSCN01758.JPG

DSCN017610.JPG

DSCN01779.JPG

DSCN017911.JPG

DSCN018010.JPG

DSCN01817.JPG

DSCN01828.JPG

DSCN01838.JPG

So this last pic here is from 10/5, the last day of Veg cycle. Right now the plant is in the dark and Im going to put the second HPS light in the tent tonight when the first day of 12/12 starts!
DSCN01847.JPG

Ill probably post a pic of day 1 of 12/12 tonight out of excitement so stay tuned everyone! Thanks for checking out my new grow and happy growing y'all!

Very nice Hodder, I'm Subscribed. I really like the way you kept the plant under the screen till it was almost full. Gonna produce for you in flower, I'm sure.
Good luck. :goodluck:

Very nice Hodder, I'm Subscribed. I really like the way you kept the plant under the screen till it was almost full. Gonna produce for you in flower, I'm sure.
Good luck. :goodluck:

Subbed, very nice setup, I like this one.

Nice one Hodder, Plusreps :)

Subbed and loving your little set up. Also all your work in veg with the LST. I'm a big fan of plant manipulation and you have it down for certain sir!

Thanks so much everyone! Yup, Im hoping this is my beefiest scrog to date lol. :thanks:

Day 1 of 12/12

So here we have our first official 12/12 update! After being in 24 hrs darkness, the scrog is now chilling under two 150 watt HPS units, 300 watts of bud growing goodness lol. With both units in the tent the the temperature climbed a little but is still manageable in the low 80s.

DSCN01897.JPG

DSCN01907.JPG

So stick around and lets watch this cup winner fill my screen! happy growing y'all!

Well Ricorico I use a small nikon coolpix s4300. Right now I use all the default settings only messing with the white balance for bud shots. I know what you mean, some cameras get those horizontal lines with HPS and stuff, maybe a more experienced photographer could jump in here with some advice. happy growing brother! Thanks for stopping by!
:slide:

Yeah, that's why I'm going DIY path, I'm doing loads of research firstly but as long as you source the right high powered Diodes and the right colour spectrum and angle of bulb beam. Together with the correct drivers etc it seems quite straight forward. That way I'll have something that I can be sure is to the highest output and specs. I may spend a fortune on the first one but after that it should get easier and less costly!
Oh and thanks for the compliment about Gert!

Well here it is =) We are the DR60 team hehe!

Started 12/12 almost at the same time! Yours look way more beautiful though!
Subscribed ofc!!!!

Photos, just edit the WB and no more yeallow light! Or Photo in Raw format and edit WB in computer =)

Yeah, that's why I'm going DIY path, I'm doing loads of research firstly but as long as you source the right high powered Diodes and the right colour spectrum and angle of bulb beam. Together with the correct drivers etc it seems quite straight forward. That way I'll have something that I can be sure is to the highest output and specs. I may spend a fortune on the first one but after that it should get easier and less costly!
Oh and thanks for the compliment about Gert!

That sounds like a good plan to me Light Addict, LED really seems like the next choice for me to keep the temps down in my tent. Thats the thing that scares me also with LED, they are mega pricey compared to HPS lol. I would hate to shell out tons of cash only to find out there was a way better/cheaper model I could have got. Keep up the great work sir! happy growing!

Well here it is =) We are the DR60 team hehe!

Started 12/12 almost at the same time! Yours look way more beautiful though!
Subscribed ofc!!!!

Photos, just edit the WB and no more yeallow light! Or Photo in Raw format and edit WB in computer =)

Thanks jassa, Me, you, and dutch dragon all have 2x2 grows in flower, yay! let the fun begin! happy growing brochacho!
:party::bongrip:

Day 9 of 12/12 ;)

Howdy Everyone! Welcome back! Thank you all for stopping by and subbing. We are on day 9 of 12/12 and you might say she is flowering, or very close lol, I'll let the pics speak and you can decide. Our lone Mk Ultra plant is doing fine, still chilling in the soil with no nutrients added. Temps have been great staying at 79 F with lights on. With lights off its probably real low 60s, burrrrrr lol. here are the pics of the scrog, filling nicely.

DSCN01968.JPG

DSCN019710.JPG

DSCN01989.JPG

I took some pics with the lights off to show the nice healthy green color.
DSCN01998.JPG

DSCN02008.JPG

DSCN02037.JPG

DSCN020513.JPG

DSCN02078.JPG

DSCN02108.JPG

DSCN02126.JPG

DSCN02135.JPG

DSCN02047.JPG

So there she is. I'm pretty happy with how full the screen is, I hope she stretches up a little more for us though. I may add a tiny bit of my nutrient line up in a week or so, we shall see. So thanks for stopping by everybody, stay tuned for more pics of the big stretch and budding goodness, happy growing!

Back
Top Bottom