CajunCanna's Very First Time

CajunCanna

Well here goes. The title say's it all.. First time growing and hope I can start out without too many mistakes. I've been reading through all the threads on 420 and man what a ton of great information.

So with that said i'm taking the plunge. I have started with gathering all the materials I'll be needing to do a small grow maybe 8 plants maybe 10, not sure on that just yet.

I'm doing an aeroponics system. I'm using a 4'x2'x5' grow tent. I have decided to purchase another tent becasue I feel the 2' deep tent is going to crowed my plant's. I'm sure the 4'x2' will work but I think the extra 2' i'm sure will help the plants get nice and full. My new tent is 4'x4'x5' I also like having the extra space, it will make working with the plants easier. I should get the new tent this week coming. I decided to use the old tent for cloning so it won't go to waste.

I have purchased my seeds from Sensible Seeds. I picked up 20x White Widow Fem xBig Bud plus SS gave ma lot of extra seeds. This is where I could use some advice on what I should germinate first with all the diffrent seed's I have.

Here is what was sent to me.
20x White Widow X Big Bud
2x Royal Queen Danceworld
2x Royal Queen Royal Medic
1x Royal Queen Danceworld
2x Spliff Blueberry
3x Mega Power Plant
2x Royal Queen Royal Highness.

As you can see I have some decisions to make so I'm asking for help on which seeds I should run first?
Another thing I have not purchased is the Nutrients which I'm also asking for some guidance, mainly what manufacturer I should go with?
My lighting is 1x 600w HPS and 2x CFL lamps 65K

I'm attaching some pictures of my setup. I still have a few things I ordered that hasn't arrived yet and should show up this week.

Please let me know if there is anything you see in my pictures that you would change or tweak. Any advice is good advice and greatly appreciated.

I plan on doing this journal from start to end to puff, puff pass ;-)..

Thanks again for any input and advice.

~Cajun~

Re: CajunCanna's very first time.. Be genital.

DSC023933.JPG
DSC023943.JPG
DSC023953.JPG
DSC023962.JPG
DSC023976.JPG
DSC023986.JPG
DSC023992.JPG
DSC024004.JPG
DSC024012.JPG
DSC024041.JPG
DSC024051.JPG
DSC024062.JPG
DSC024073.JPG
DSC024092.JPG
DSC024103.JPG
DSC024122.JPG

Cajun Canna's lovely Set-up pics

Hi Canna :high-five:

Don't plant too many seeds at once. They grow big :)

Everything looks good :thumb:

I plan on doing this journal from start to end to puff, puff pass ;-)..

Thanks again for any input and advice.

~Cajun~

:passitleft:

I look forward to the rest of your Journal, Cajun Canna :ciao:

:Namaste:

Re: CajunCanna's very first time..

A little update. I purchased Blue Planet Nutrients Blue Max 2 parts. Also got Advanced Nutrients Bud Candy Fertilizer and Advanced Nutrients Final Phase Flushing Solution. My though process is keep my first grow simple learn how each plant reacts to my environment.

Again if anyone want's to add to this please do..

I decide to run the light's all night and check the temp in the morning. I have a cool tub on the 600w HPS and running 2x 250w CFL's. The temp in the tent was 91. I was pumping the air from the HPS light into the room so I'm guessing this has a lot to do with the temp. I have a 6" flex tub on order and plan to pump the HPS heat out a window next to the grow tent. I hope this will drop the temp a good bit.

I was thinking of letting the Cool tube open on one end inside the tent so all air in the Tent is pulled out but the cool tub fan , hoping this will pull cool air into the tent from the room keeping the temps down. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I'll be back in a few day's with more update and the rest of my equipment shows up.

~Cajun~

I'm about a week away from starting my germination. I would like to start this weekend but so many things going on i may have to wait till the following weekend :hmmmm:

I did get a few more thing in so I started building my Aeroponics system which went well. Won't know how well till it's in action. One thing I did notice is my tent height. The tent I have now is 4x2x6 I have a 4x4x6.5 on the way. After looking at the light to basket distance I'm worried I don't have enough head space even with the 4x4x6.5..

Here the pump, I got a 500gph @ 1" and 325gph @ 5" which should be plenty of pressure.
DSC024142.JPG

55 gallon tub's I got 2. I will stack them with the thought of putting the pump and air stones in the bottom. The sprayer and roots will be in the top tub.
DSC024151.JPG

The spray bar was straight forward. SHould give me a good even spray over all the pot's. Not going to glue anything, i'll try to keep everything tight fitted and make changes till I hit a happy medium.
DSC024233.JPG

DSC024221.JPG

DSC024213.JPG

DSC024201.JPG

DSC024195.JPG

DSC024185.JPG

WELCOME TO 420 AND GOOD LUCK ON YOUR FIRST GROW!!

Looks like a good plan to get larger tent.
Recorico's advise not to start to many at once is sound they can get big especially seedlings with hybrid vigor
you can train to curb height but then their wide instead and we want them big as hell so shoe horn them in there and make sure you have great air flow and circulation.

OK so it;s been a bit sense my last post some good things and some bad things have happen. The good. got my new tent in and setup deferentially the right decision. I should not have any issues with this height of my plants.

The bad, 3 of the seeds did not make it. All of my White Widows have and ill post a pic of them in a min. The extra seeds that were given to me only 1 is showing face. So I'm germinating 3 more of the extra seeds to fill in for the bad ones. I figure if there is a weeks difference I can just Veg longer I have to room lol.

More bad, my plastic container's are not working well. I can't get them to stop leaking even with a nice gasket around the rim. So I went and bought 2 different one. I'll get them in and see how they work.

That's about it for now. I'll throw up some pic's of my process.

So it's been 11 days that the seeds have been placed. 2 of the White Widows are growing nicely and look really nice and I was surprised the smell, I rubbed my finger on one of the leaves an it has has very nice smell already. The other 2 WW are half the size of the 2 larger ones. Not sure why the growth would be so different so I moved the 2 smaller ones to the other end of the tank to see if being closer to the light might help. Also one of the spare seeds that was given for free is doing fine. I went and germinated 3 more of the free seeds to get the same results as before. I placed them in water then on a wet towel but once in the tank they did do anything so I wont be messing with the crap seeds anymore. I'll stick with 5 plants for now and let them grow big. My goal was 1lb but at this rate I'll be happy with 1/2 pound which is fine for my first time out.

Anyone have any idea why the planets are growing so differently? Is this something that can be expected even when using good seeds? Did I do something wrong or is there something I could of done differently?

Here is the WW at 11 days. Both of the WW look nice and have a nice smell already. Very happy with these 2 and will be cloning form them if they are female.
DSC024525.JPG

Here are the other 2 WW, as you can see they are much smaller. Not sure why, they were done the same way I did every seed.
DSC024476.JPG

Here is the only Free seed that has made it and she is looking good. Maybe it's me but I have a feeling this will be a male lol.
DSC024487.JPG

I check the PH and PPM every other day and all is good.

My PPM is at 436. When I change the water this weekend I went up from 300 PPM to 436 PPM
My PH is 588 and with is typical for my water. I test the water before I add the Nutr and the PH is about 550 whats strange is the PH will climb to about 650 so I have to use a little PH down after a few days of the new water change. I'm guessing it has something to do with the Nutr? Anyone have any idea why it would go up more after a few days?
I use RO/DI water and my PPM is 0.04 out of the tap. The RO/DI system I use I also use for my Salt Water Reef so this worked out nicely.

Here is the PPM
DSC024504.JPG

And the PH
DSC024494.JPG

Here is my RO/DI system. It's a GE Smart Filter system. It has a Reverse Osmosis filter and 2 Pre-filters with a 2 gallon tank. It can only filter about 11 gallons a day so I store water in a separate container so I have plenty on hand. Best part about the system it was only $140 and for the reading I get on my tester of 0.04 I think it's worth every penny. I have a Salt Water Reef which I use the water from this filter.. Most system's minus the 2 gallon tank cost about $200 so this system is worth every penny. The DI filter helps remove even more TDS. I got the DI filter form an aquarium shop.

DSC024533.JPG

Back
Top Bottom