LJ420's - 1st X_Pick & Plant a Mother - Make Clones - Journal

LadyJane420

Hi My Fellow 420ers,

Now that I've finally successfully gotten a delicious crop through the hydro system (in 3 tries) it's time to stretch myself a bit so this time I am going to choose a mother from my crop: :helpsmilie:

all_12_15_13.jpg

I germinated seeds the last 3 crops so I've decided to try and clone from now on if all goes well. Of course if I like more than 1 strain I'll have to have more than one mother etc. etc. but one thing at a time.

We have been growing these in a BCNL Bloombox from seedling stage in our bedroom.
We germinated the seeds 43 days ago, put them in a clone dome in the veg room 18/6 using 125W CFL and then a few days later transferred them to 3 1/2" mesh pots into a 13 litre tub in the veg room.

Unfortunately the nutes I use are imported from Canada so I hesitate to list them because they are not a sponsor. Anyone interested can PM me.

Right now I have 6 really good plants and 2 that are runts. 5 Lucy's from Barney's on the left and right, a GS cookie I got in a bag of meds:

A Northern Lights X Skunk which is a runt and has split in two it seems:

And a Super Cheese which is hidden in the middle of the crop.

The girl scout cookie is the only non-feminized seed I have so I will be keeping a close eye.

Next week I need to choose a mother from the others and plant in this ecopot I have:

I have some coco peat & some perlite - and no knowledge except what I've read. So something to look forward to next week.

Cheers and Holidays Everyone! Love you all! :high-five: :circle-of-love:

Re: LJ420's-1stX_Pick & Plant a Mother-Make Clones-Journal

i ll be following along.followed along with your last journal also.every thing is looking good.:thumb:

Hello my Friends,:circle-of-love:

Nice seeing you all here. If I don't get totally overwhelmed painting my kitchen & getting ready for guests at years end I'll plant my 1st mother on Saturday. I have a Lucy picked out that looks healthy but there's also the super cheese and the NL. An embarrassment of riches. Oh well, I'll go with the healthiest plant. I can always order more seeds, or gasp! make room more more than one mother. Hopefully the planting this Saturday will go well.

Hope all of you are doing great and love to you all!:allgood:

Hi All,

Well it was finally time to bite the bullet and pick a mother:

Since I have no idea what I'm doing I just had to follow instructions so I had:

1 brick of coco coir
some perlite
and an ecopot hydro planter

Step 1 was to use half a brick in a bucket. Well, if you haven't handled it before like me I was surprised to find out you need a saw to cut through it!

Step 2 was to add a few cups of water to the bucket and start breaking it up. After swishing it around for a long while in the water and not having much luck breaking it up I finally resorted to using an awl and that seemed to work. So I kept adding water a little bit at a time and kept breaking it up until it had the consistency of good soil. Then you're supposed to add about 10% perlite so I eyeballed the amount and mixed it all together.

Next step was to plant the mother but, but, what am I supposed to do with the mesh pot the plant is currently in. The roots were coming out of every crevice so I couldn't just pull the plant out. I had to carefully snip the plastic between the roots holding my breath the whole time.

So after all that was done I finally got to put it in it's new pot! Not done quite yet. Then added 2 litres of water with low nutes. The pot is supposed to work on a 4-7 day watering cycle.

Problem now was my crop that was vegging has been doing so for 5 weeks and it was starting to get crowded in the veg room.
So I took out the 400 Watt HPS 2000k in the flowering chamber and replaced it with a 400 Watt Metal Halide 7200k bulb just for the week or two I will keep vegging in the flower chamber.

So my mother will live in the front of the veg chamber. The photo shows the veg room b4 the big clean up. The goal is to always have a mother and clones in the veg room and the flower chamber full. Not there yet.

So here's a picture of my babies still vegging in the the flower room:

My northern lights x skunk is a bit of a mutant so I'm going to give it another week to try and catch up:

Here's my super cheese:

And my only non-feminized seed GSC so I have to watch it very carefully

And that's the state of things here. How's by you??

Boy I've so busy this last week - hardly had time to visit. Not much to share, I've bent my mother and tied her down. This is my first attempt at this and I've watched some videos but it's not the same when you sit down to do it.

bentmother12_28_2013.jpg

So now it's a waiting game to see if I'll be successful. Since I have a few less plants this round I thought I'd try supercropping but I think I just managed to some branches. Oh well.

Happy New Year to Everyone! Wishing you all the goodness life can bring!

Hello & Happy New Year!

Having my 1st slight disaster, I carried three small growers over to the flowering chamber where I was going to 18/6 all the plants for a couple of more weeks but I can't hang on any more. So I planned to move the slow growers back to veg chamber and start flowering the others but I don't have enough rockwell cubes and it's New Year's Day. They should have an emergency hydroponic place open nearby. No biggie just wait till the ones i ordered arrive.

Hope you are all enjoying yourselves in this wonderful New Year with endless possibilities.:circle-of-love:

Happy New Year Again!I love saying that because it's turning out to be a pretty great year already.:thanks: I made an executive decision to try something different. I decided to move my three mutants - the NorthernLightsXSkunk:

NorthernlightsXskunk1_3_2014.jpg

a mutant Lucy and a mega mutant Lucy:

megamutant1_14_2014.jpg

from the flowering chamber where they were still vegging back to the veg chamber so I can flower the plants that are ready.

So Now I have 3 plants in the veg chamber with the mother:

mother_w_mutants1_3_2014.jpg

3 Lucy's, a GS and a Super Cheese going to 12/12 tonight:

set_to_flower_1_3_2014.jpg

So we will see what happens, eh?

:Namaste: Best wishes everybody.

Yesterday I decided to make some clones for the 1st time. I've never seen it done other than what I've read so here are the materials I used: 1" rockwell cubes, cloning gel, mother plant, clone dome. I didn't have any light B although I'm told it's useful.

I used a scalpel to make the cut as clean as possible:

I was told to cut a stalk that had two branches above the node:

]

Then made the cut at a 45 degree angle:

Those aren't my hands by the way I'm directing my hubby :)

Then dip into the cloning gel just above the node:

And I forgot to take a picture of my splitting the rockwool and putting the clones in the clone dome and putting them back in the cabinet with their sisters.

Oh well, fingers crossed!!

All the best to you!

Your new journal is starting off great, as usual. :goodjob: You probably already know that clones need a little heat and humidity to start growing their own roots so they can survive on their own outside the clone dome. However, please don't make the same mistake that I did when I started learning cloning and use too much heat and too much humidity. My entire first batch of clones died :-(

Subscribed. When I take clones I place a small amount of cloning gel in a new plastic bag so I do not contaminate the container of cloning gel.

Thanks so much for that! I really do appreciate it!

:Namaste:

Thank you to Everyone as always!

I've had to make what I hope aren't too stupid decisions, lol. I had moved my crop over to the flower chamber to veg for a couple more weeks (changing the bulb and all) and the roots went absolutely insane with growth. I moved my mutants back to the veg chamber and now it looks like I should put them into flower but I'm just starting week 2 of the other plants in flower so they'll be a week behind. Probably should have sacrificed them earlier but it's all a learning experience. I don't know what I'd do without HERB.IQ my spreadsheets couldn't handle all this moving around. Here is how my flower chamber is looking now, opening the cabinet door is nirvana.

:Rasta: :tommy: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom