Modest First Time Grower In Charge Of Success

erieflwr

How bad to you think that title is going to bite this gal in the backside?
three_newbies_and_flowering_girl_on_the_right.JPG

I just wrote a really long journal entry, to find that my token had run out. So, I'm going to make this really brief. Pictured are three unsexed plants, fresh from the veggie closet on May 4th. The gal on the far right, with the clothes pin, is Larry A.

Sorry, I timed out a second time. Briefer yet. Larry is my first girl ever. She's from bag seed and she arrived unsexed on April 7, along with 4 other unsexed plants. The others were boys, and I killed them on purpose. They were lookin' so good, but....

Larry A was started in a wet paper towel, was put in those Jiffy add-water-type pots, submitted to 24 hour lights, then on April 7 she was transplanted into a 4" x 4" x 5" pot with Miracle Gro dirt. Let me say here that my girlfriend Betty is in charge of germination and veg, so some facts are a little sketchy. She watered all the kids with Miracle Grow 30-?-?. Poor little Larry was subjected to a few horrors (wish I could find the one pic where she looked like a 10" pencil wearing a green hula skirt. YIKES!)

Things are going good, (crossed fingers)
Larry.JPG
larry_top.JPG

(She's got some leaf burn and I think her head is droopy because she out grew the lights, I THINK.) I started smelling her on May 1, and by May 2 I was beyond caution when I told Betty, "She's flowering!" Betty tends to freak out big time, so I try not to give her anything else to fret about. Take this morning. Betty came over and transplanted two of the unsexed plants into our new, good dirt (Fox Farm's Ocean Forrest) moved lights as high as we could for now, then watered with our new Jack's Classic 10-30-20 after I used our brand new ph kit for the first time. We'd decided last night that I would start a journal so I could release my thoughts/feelings here instead of through email to her. So, I asked her this morning if she still had that pic of Larry gasping in the heat, rock hard soil, etc.

"WHAT???" she texted. "Larry is dead??????"

I can't stand it. Betty is high strung to start with, plus she's ex-military.

So, any way, thanks in advance for your support and providing me a forum where I can fret or sing praises without Betty blowing a freaking gasket. Before I time out AGAIN, I am going to post this. Tomorrow I want to show you the other plants that have a few yellow streaks and maybe more issues. Good night and good smokin'

Marion:circle-of-love: :peace:

ps, sorry about making yawl turn your head for the pics. i'll fix that by the next post. Groove on

I reread what I wrote and wanted to let you know I didn't mean for my response to sound dickish. I'm just not sure if you have different space cause they stretch 2 to 3 times their height, and those don't look topped or trained for height. Just looking out for ya

I'm in. Just tagging along to learn.
Your setup looks like my plans for the future, with the light ballasts on the top & sides.
Your plants look good to me :)

Would, uh, hacking off the tops right now help? 2 or 3 times, wow! My first Larry only got the 3-4 inches I think I mentioned. Mabye that's because she was so stressed out so often. Betty has 4 clones and a couple more seeds that just got their tap root.

My temps downstairs got from 74 to 86 max. Ususally hangs just under 80 when I take a peek. I have no idea about Betty's temps. I haven't watered Larry A since May 4th, and won't do it until tomorrow I think. I'll have to run downstairs because 1 & 2 have perked up NICELY...well comparatively nicely. As far as a fan, I have a small house fan going 24-7

86 is a tad high I've learned, 80 is fine.

Might be your watering then. How much how often do you water. Also what is your nute schedule?

Do you let your pots dry out? I had this happen to me when I was just feeding all plants different sizes the same amount of water.

No dickering here either lol dunno why manning thought he sounded dickish. He came across as helpful.

Cheers plants are lookin sweet.

I might be saying this twice, but you didn't sound dickish. No worries.

Cool. I just thought it sounded like I was starting to be a negative Nancy. First impressions and all... But yeah, if they were still in veg I would top them. Don't know how thick the branches are, might be difficult to train

I'd imagine if you can give them some more vertical space they'd be alright, like, if you can lose the ceiling or floor of your grow area. My space is 4.5 feet tall and I'm worried about headroom.

Thought it might be helpful to give yawl a sense of the space I am using.
through_the_door.JPG
sense_of_space_2.JPG
sense_of_space.JPG
curtain_down.JPG

I had been worried about the air quality--fans and such, but I quit worrying because, uh, I'd rather just quit worrying. ::big cheesey grin::

I looked back at my notes and the temp down in the basement (I had the cab setup in the attic but it was stifling up there) has not gotten highter than 82. 76 is the lowest, and that was right after 'dawn'. 82 is the highest, and only once. Otherwise, this is what I see.
usual_temp.JPG

I choked on my yogurt (too early for wine) when I read that the newbies could double or triple in size. OMGAWD! Ooops, taking a chill pill. I'd read about 'stretch' but somehow I only caught that they would grow a few inches. We can move the lights around a BIT but not much.
can_make_lights_higher_by_a_smidge.JPG

Gotta upload some more pics. I've got some of their budding, er, buds. Maybe you guys can see, with your experienced eyes, if any of the new plants are males and I can ditch them now. Hold on, be right back...Have a brownie...it's a gluten-free mix, no worries, and pretty tasty.

Grow space looks good, temp wise and all. Looking forward to what comes of these plants. I've never understood the gluten free thing. Isn't gluten what makes everything taste great?

You've definitely got the space to grow them tall if you do a little cutting on them shelves. But you'll need a lot more light. Easy fix if you got some males to kill

Grow space looks good, temp wise and all. Looking forward to what comes of these plants. I've never understood the gluten free thing. Isn't gluten what makes everything taste great?

Your thinking of HFC. Lol high fructose corn syrup.

Gluten is something some people are actually allergic to. And it probably does taste better.

Thought it might be helpful to give yawl a sense of the space I am using.
through_the_door.JPG
sense_of_space_2.JPG
sense_of_space.JPG
curtain_down.JPG

I had been worried about the air quality--fans and such, but I quit worrying because, uh, I'd rather just quit worrying. ::big cheesey grin::

I looked back at my notes and the temp down in the basement (I had the cab setup in the attic but it was stifling up there) has not gotten highter than 82. 76 is the lowest, and that was right after 'dawn'. 82 is the highest, and only once. Otherwise, this is what I see.
usual_temp.JPG

I choked on my yogurt (too early for wine) when I read that the newbies could double or triple in size. OMGAWD! Ooops, taking a chill pill. I'd read about 'stretch' but somehow I only caught that they would grow a few inches. We can move the lights around a BIT but not much.
can_make_lights_higher_by_a_smidge.JPG

Gotta upload some more pics. I've got some of their budding, er, buds. Maybe you guys can see, with your experienced eyes, if any of the new plants are males and I can ditch them now. Hold on, be right back...Have a brownie...it's a gluten-free mix, no worries, and pretty tasty.

Post some pics see if anyone can spot some bananas .

Back
Top Bottom