Indoor & Outdoor - Auto AK-49 - Deadhead OG and The Doctor

IslandDog

Hey everyone! I'm starting my 3rd grow, 2nd journal. I'll be growing in the same closet as last time but this time I'm going to stay with 3 plants inside. I'll have more than enough room for 2 plants, 3 could be pushing the limits, so what I'm thinking is I'll try an Auto and 2 normal plants. If things work out the Auto should be done and then I'll have plenty of room left for the other two plants.

I'll be growing 2 Auto Ak-49's, a Deadhead OG, and The Doctor. I love the results I got using the Growology fertilizers on my last grow so I'll be using them again. For the soil I'll be using Pro-Mix HP this time. I love the Gardner & Bloome soil for my other projects but for these plants it's just too hot. And I'll be using 5 to 7 gallon smart-pots instead of the plastic pots I used last time.

The closet will be the same... 6x3 with 880 watts of LED's. I'll be upgrading my fans shortly.
DSCN54133.JPG

I'll be growing an Auto AK-49 on my deck outside. I already have the seed in the soil and expecting it to pop probably tomorrow. We already have over 15 hours of daylight so it should be interesting to see how it does. I get a ton of sun on the deck so the plant will be in direct sunlight from sunrise to sunset. She'll have a great view from her spot. ;)

The Deadhead and The Doctor just popped up through the soil. Can't wait for the Auto's!

Re: Indoor and Outdoor, Auto AK-49, Deadhead OG and The Doctor

Subbed. Good luck with the grow.;)

Thanks! All 3 in the closet are now up out of the soil. I started the outside Auto later than the others so she should be up soon.

subbed. looks like a nice closet. and daamn, that view

Thanks! The closet worked great for the last grow. A couple things I want to tweek a little, like ventilation mainly, but other than that it worked great. And thanks! Living on an island is great for down-time although the commute to work can be tough sometimes. Life out here is a little more relaxed... The other day I was walking one of my dogs down to the beach and I hear some Credence blasting over a stereo. As I get closer I see this little old couple sitting back on their deck, enjoying the sunrise, smoking out of one of the wildest hookah's I've ever seen. I can totally see me never moving from this neighborhood. LOL :thumb:

sounds like my kind of place/people. all though im more of a woods dweller, dont know how well id do on an island haha

That's the great thing about the islands up here. You can live in the forest and have beach access too!

I grabbed these pics last night before the lights went out. It's been 10 days since I popped them in the soil and they're looking great so far. In this pic from left to right is the AK-49, Deadhead OG and The Doctor.
DSCN54961.JPG

This is the other AK-49 that got started a little later than the others. She's eventually going to be moved outside. I originally wanted to grow this outside from the start but it's still getting a little too cold at night so she'll be starting off in the closet for another week or so.
DSCN55011.JPG

Wow does time fly or what? Sorry I haven't been able to update more, things have just been so busy this year already. I was planning on doing updates during the weekends but my other hobby has kept me pretty much tied up out of town on the weekends. I'm packing for another wekeend trip now but had a chance to grab some pics of the girls.

Because the weather just isn't cooperating I decided to keep both AK-49's inside. It's still just getting way to cold at night for them outside. What I did think I would do is play with one and leave one alone and see what they produce. I've been reading that you should basically just plant Auto's and let them grow. I want to try topping one with a little LST and leaving the other just grow and see what the final difference in yield is.

This is the AK-49 that I topped and did some training on.
DSCN57622.JPG

DSCN57632.JPG

This is the second AK-49 I have growing. This is almost a week behind the other and is the one I'm just letting grow.
DSCN57711.JPG

DSCN5774.JPG

On my last grow I ended up with 185 grams off of one Deadhead OG plant. This time I want to see if I can top that. I topped the plant once like I did last time and this time I'm doing some LST on it too. I'm not bending the entire plant over like I've seen done, I'm stretching the branches out to the sides to help the plant bush out and get better light coverage.
DSCN57771.JPG

Here's a good side pic of a few of the lower branches.
DSCN5781.JPG

And you can see in the top pic how I'm pulling the top branches off to the side a little too so they're not directly on top of the lower branches.
DSCN5778.JPG

And this one is the top of the Dr. All the other pics I took turned out blurry. I just started bending the tops of this one over to the sides.
DSCN57823.JPG

I try not to trim off too many fan leaves, the only time I really do is if I say to myself "if I remove this one leaf then a dozen others will get light". I figure it's better to let all the other leaves get light than just the biggest one on top. I love how big the fan leaves get! LOL
DSCN57911.JPG

The girls will be 4 weeks old in a couple days... They're really coming along nicely and I'm thinking we'll be switching to 12/12 soon.

This is the Deadhead OG. She's really filling out and is really starting to grow quick!
DSCN58042.JPG

There's a lot of nice tops forming.
DSCN5809.JPG

This is The Doctor. She's also filling out really great too. She seems to be a few days behind the other one so you can see into her a little better for now.
DSCN58191.JPG

She also has a lot of tops forming...
DSCN5814.JPG

DSCN58172.JPG

I have a bunch more pics of the Auto's I'll be posting later... :)

Hi everyone! I can't believe how quickly this summer has gone by. Between everything going on with work and my other hobbies I barely have a chance to relax for a minute. LOL

I was bumming when the Deadhead OG I was growing turned out to be a male. I never had a male plant before, but I could tell something just wasn't quite right. Then all of a sudden it's got balls. :(

The AK-49... Well... With the weather finally getting nice I put them outside for their last few weeks. Thanks to Growology, mother nature, and the great Pro-Mix soil... I managed to get 105 grams of nice solid buds off of the two plants. The seed company says you should expect 30-50 grams a plant, I got 105, I'm happy! :high-five:

This is the AK-49 that I topped. She got all pretty colors when I brought her outside.
DSCN6368.JPG

DSCN6377.JPG

This is the other AK-49, the one that was left alone.
DSCN6386.JPG

DSCN6396.JPG

The Doctor is still growing great. She should have about 3 more weeks left before she's ready. She's a beast of a plant, drinking up almost a full gallon of water a day. I can't wait for her...
DSCN6444.JPG

DSCN6456.JPG

To help give you a better idea how big she really is... That's a 7 gallon pot she's growing in.

Hi everyone! I can't believe how quickly this summer has gone by. Between everything going on with work and my other hobbies I barely have a chance to relax for a minute. LOL

I was bumming when the Deadhead OG I was growing turned out to be a male. I never had a male plant before, but I could tell something just wasn't quite right. Then all of a sudden it's got balls. :(

The AK-49... Well... With the weather finally getting nice I put them outside for their last few weeks. Thanks to Growology, mother nature, and the great Pro-Mix soil... I managed to get 105 grams of nice solid buds off of the two plants. The seed company says you should expect 30-50 grams a plant, I got 105, I'm happy! :high-five:

This is the AK-49 that I topped. She got all pretty colors when I brought her outside.
DSCN6368.JPG

DSCN6377.JPG

This is the other AK-49, the one that was left alone.
DSCN6386.JPG

DSCN6396.JPG

The Doctor is still growing great. She should have about 3 more weeks left before she's ready. She's a beast of a plant, drinking up almost a full gallon of water a day. I can't wait for her...

Wow - those pictures were definitely worth the wait! Congrats on the harvest, and thanks for the update, ID.

Hey Everyone! We're still here, just a really crazy summer. The Doctor is now 13 weeks into 12/12 and finally starting to show some signs of finishing. I've never had one take this much past the time it should finish. I started leaving the doors and windows open at night so she gets some really cool air at night, anything to help her think it's time.

She does have some really beautiful cola's going so she should be great when finally done, but...
DSCN6853.JPG

DSCN6850.JPG

DSCN6843.jpg

DSCN6847.JPG

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom