WELCOME ALL!!

HERE WE GO!

SOIL GROW

Strain -2 Acapulco Gold, 2 Laughing Buddha, 3 Mystery Seeds
# of Plants - 7
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - Vegetative
Bucket Size - To be determined
Lights - (2) 400 Watt MH/HPS. 600 Watt MH/HPS will be adding more after room is built
Nutrients - Advanced, Mad Farmer, Fox Farm
Soil- ProEarth #4 w/mycorrhizae
PPM - 0 at the moment (filtered water with a bit of pH balance)
PH - 6.5
RH - 50% to 55%
Room Temperature -73 to 84
Room Square Footage - 8 x 8 coming soon
Pests - None Known

Problem: Sprayed Neem/Green Cure on another plant and over sprayed the mystery seed plant furthest along. It is now droopy and the tips of new growth are browning up. Any suggestions?

Pics coming soon. Seeds have all popped and growing. I popped a mystery seed a almost two weeks ago and the rest popped last week. The journey begins.

Re: Laughing Buddha/Acapulco Gold from seed co staring: Mystery seeds!

Here's the new seedlings. Ones missing from the mystery bunch cause its a late bloomer. Should be breaking the surface anytime now, I can see the seed coming through a bit. Photos of her coming soon.
2014-06-09_10_50_43.jpg

Here's the sad one. She got over spray from the Neem and green cure. I hope it didn't burn it too bad.
2014-06-09-10-34-10.png

20140611_091213.jpg
20140611_091229.jpg
20140611_091301.jpg
Well here we are a few days later and some progress has been made. Doesn't seem like much but I see the mystery girl perking back up a bit. I also moved everything under my 400w MH at 50%. Hopefully that will keep the seedlings from stretching typo much. Any advice would be appreciated as this is my first time from seed.

A quick side note. There seems to be a bit of stunted growth mixed with a case of scoliosis with one of the Laughing Buddha. Maybe she's just dancing her way up to size.. I dunno, anybody think I should pop another bean incase? Or have you experienced similar growth and let it be?

20140611_092434.jpg

my guess is when she came through the root riot cube she left the seed shell behind inside of the cube and it scored her side on the way up creating the curved growth. When she emerged the shell wad nowhere to be seen.

20140618_135645.jpg
20140618_135701.jpg
20140618_135732.jpg
20140618_135653.jpg
Seems like a tough crowd with all the feedback but I'll motor on with the journal. My intentions here are to veg and LST until I can fill 2x3 ft. Scrog nets per plant and flip to 12/12. As I mentioned earlier I'm in the process of moving so my room will be built in around a week or so. Something tells me that I'm going to get a lot more feedback as soon as that room shows up here in the journal. I just popped 4 more seeds to bring the count up to 10 girls total. For those math wizards out there is going to be a total of 60 sq/ft of scrog. Any way I re potted all the girls according to plan. The mystery seed furthest along needs a nickname other than mystery plant lol. It's in a 5 gal pot now and the others are in 1 gal. The plan is to have all of them sitting pretty in 10 gal pots. So sit back and enjoy the ride or get crazy and leave a comment lol. Any questions?

OK here's an update. I built my new room at the new place and the ladies are getting used to the new digs. I also built a couple of trays that drain into 1" pic that dumps out of the room into a bucket. This will make flushing the scrogged girls way easy. I fixed the problem with the deficiency also. A little CalMag did the trick. (Just noticed I did not post those issues here. The post is in the problems forum.) I started to LST and super crop some of them also. Starting to really come together now. I am almost done with the co2 setup. The controller and tank are in the cabinet and the sensor is set. I just need to put the new door on the room so I can be 100% sealed.
20140708_222928.jpg

20140708_223050.jpg

20140708_223011.jpg

20140708_222956.jpg

Equipment list:

110v 400w dehumidifier
14" oscillating fan
4" inline fan mounted to a carbon filter (circulating air)
4" inline fan pulling air from outside, through the light tubes, back outside
C02 monitor/temp/RH
C02 controller w/20lb tank (electric switch reg)

I also repotted everything into oddball size pots. They are 7 gallon I believe.

Temps are hovering around 80deg and RH at a steady 55%-60%. C02 ppm sitting at a lousy 430 but that will change tomorrow night. Lights on at 4pm and off at 10am. Last watered a day ago with 3 ml of CalMag per gallon.

Well I'm back from a long break of the site. After next to zero feedback I've lost the drive to keep posting day to day or even weekly updates. I however feel the need to at least catch the few drive by lurkers up on the progress. From the last post I've since added a dehumidifier and an ac unit. The co2 is running smoothly. I've added a 400w MH for supplemental lighting of the 5500k spectrum. I'm in about week 3-4 of flower now. I've also lost two plants due to being males. After I flipped they immediately showed pollen sacs. I've also added the use of my 2x4x5 tent to house the clones from my seeded plants. That is now lit by a 4ft T5. A few pics will follow in a sec.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Hi everyone. Loooooong time no post. It's been a real rollercoaster since last login. Basically life happened and everything went mobile soon after my last post. Took everything from my house and brought it to a family members to finish. With not very ideal conditions most enduring got bud rot at the tips so that sucked. Ended up with a pound and a half after tossing a bunch. Long story short I'm buying my first home in s few months so I don't have future issues with land lords. All is well for the most part. My gf and I split and I have my daughter 4 days a week. So that's awesome. I do have a current grow right now but not journal worthy as its almost done. I'm going to start a new journal soon since I did just pop seeds for mothers with a fanatic future grow in mind. Any way I'll see if I can dig up some pictures of the last journal to finish off as best as I can. Life happens friends. Hope to be more involved in this community As the dust is starting to settle. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom