2014 Indoor - DWC - CFL - Unknown Seed

ashpac

Hello friends!:high-five:

I have read many grow journals and decided to give a try and start my journal here also.
For my small grows i'm using stealth cabinet (mini closet in my closet :Rasta:)with inside space 40/38/101 cm, 12 cfl bulb setup and dwc setup. Ventilation system: TD Silent 160/100 for extraction and 20cm PC cooler for air input.

3hgCAKF.jpg
Rx3XQti.jpg

DWC setup contains of 15l tank, which holds 10l of nutrient solution, air pump, water pump and 2 air stones.

Extraction fan is controlled by mobile remote control, also every CFL in setup has option to work straight from light timer or turn on from same timer but with relay, controlled by extraction fan power. For veg i'm using 12 6500K 15W cfl bulbs, for bloom will use 12 2700K 23W bulbs, or maybe some mixed spectrum, will see when the time comes. Temperature in the box is about +6'C to ambient temperature (with 180W cfl), does not exceed 30'C for now.

CrUU8wO.jpg

sG0g40T.jpg

This helps me to quickly turn off noisy fan and few bulbs, to not overheat my little plant, when stealth mode is suddenly needed :angel:

Also i have made a small remote control setup for all fans, air pump, etc. for more comfortable control of growbox, straight from my table :laughtwo:

ARZ1hQZ.jpg

I willl not write much about every equipment item i'm using, if there will be any questions - do not hesistate to ask!

So, back to main thing - little plant we all love :yummy:

Plant is from unknown seed, this is female seed i received as gift, but do not know what is the strain of it. This is my third grow, so i will try to avoid mistakes that i made before and make my little plant happy :circle-of-love:

Nutes i'm using: full Cellmax complex for hard water, Superthrive, Hesi supervit, GHE mineral magic, GHE diamond nectar, Plagron vita race once a week and magnium sulphate daily spray for leaves. My little plant is loving it! PH is maintained between 5.7-6.4, ppm is not monitored, as i am using tap water and ppm is always high.

So, let's start from the begining.

Day 3

Plant is getting plain tap water + supervit + diamond nectar

NUlzUN3.jpg

9O3i2pL.jpg

Day 5

S1I4Ayg.jpg

Day 10

Plant is getting first nutes by Cellmax schedule + diamond nectar + drop of supervit and superthrive

4NEWv9u.jpg

Day 12

Plant was topped.

LJmt3QX.jpg

0NbS0pQ.png

Root system

e7dwQGT.png

Day 14

ey4NWM6.jpg

Day 16

Plant was defoliated.

9VdEC4h.jpg

SNHL4iA.jpg

e1znOPh.jpg

Day 18

Nutes change - all the same, but slightly stronger

Wg8RLjJ.jpg

Day 21

Plant has fully recovered from defoliation, seems healthy and happy.

LZDrTFv.jpg

Few leaves were removed, to give light to all future colas.

X5tmJTX.jpg

That is it for now :grinjoint:

Thanks guys, this my little hobby is giving me a plenty of positive energy and it seems that this energy is more important, than final result :laughtwo: (ofcourse i'm joking, can't wait to roll some bad ass joint with own grown stuff) :grinjoint:
My Adwa ph meter electrode seems to be dead again (for a second time in a year), so next week will be critical, while new ph meter will arrive. Will try to gues ph, hoping that everything will be ok. :adore:

the cfl lamps give you very tight internodal spacing regardless whether 2700k or 6400k
my babies are in a similar set up and are at 5.5 weeks veg just flicked to 12/12 yesterday hoping for a bit of stretch to fill the rest of my screen lol
pull the lights further away if you want them to jump up a little

After turning on 12/12 serious stretching must begin, isn't it? Let me know how it goes, i want to plan further actions :) Tomorrow i'll do second serious defoliation (tomorrow is good day for that by moon calendar) and give my plant another 7-10 days to veg before switching 12/12.

27 day

Today it became clear, that i will get pH meter only in monday at best. Because of that i decided to add some food to reservoir, there were only 4.5-5l of nutes left, and these also were mixed with 2l of clean water in this week time. Plant started to show nitrogen deficiency, tips of some leaves started to yellow and even dry off, so in no way i could leave it this way till monday. Added 5l of full strenght nutes and hoping that pH is good, as i simply guessed it by adding pH- to nutes by memory. Tomorrow it will be clear did i guessed ph or not. Plant seems to be very much alive till now, is growing fast and started last week of veg today. Defoliation vent good and plant did not stressed at all. For this occasion it received GHE Mineral Magic portion today, will see if it lkes it.

Yellowing tips of leaves
akbuG6r.jpg

Whole plant
F1pkKXb.jpg

31 day

After few days of training, few leafs removal and forming, girl is ready for 12/12. Yesterday i did nute change, gave her pure water with GHE FLoraKleen and little of Bactohemp for cleaning reservoir and root system. Seems like girl did like it very much, today it looks extremely healthy and received full nute complex for first bloom week. I will give her additives with feeding after few days, decided to not give her everything at once. Girl started to smell already, still did not recognized the smell, but it is intensive and strange, not fruity or berrish, but not unpleasant. Smell will surely be stronger in flowering, but carbon filter takes it all for now, hoping that it will do the same further.

XaXY9NC.jpg

Looking great man , doing a similar grow to yours with unknown bag seed in a limited grow space , i cannot really see but did you top the plant after its 2nd node ?

Looking great man , doing a similar grow to yours with unknown bag seed in a limited grow space , i cannot really see but did you top the plant after its 2nd node ?

I topped plant after 2 pairs of nodes appeared under main cola, you can see it in Day 12 photo. this way i got 4 strong branches, which are holding everything now. I thought this will be the best way for square space.

Back
Top Bottom