Outdoor Grow in Switzerland- 1300m- Fully Organic - InSoil- Spanish Strains and Autos

OnTheMove

Hi 420 mag :)

Thanks to wildwelshman, I have decided to make a grow journal of my plants this year in Switzerland.

I mainly grow outdoors as I live outdoors, Ive smoked for half my life and since 3 years Ive finally had time to stay in one place every year to grow. Last year and the year before I was in south Spain where I had more time to concentrate on my natural green thumb :)
** This time, half way through the grow (just recently), I have been learning about the moon, and the work from MARIA THUN.. check it out :)

I wanted to order an LED from a well known shop in USA but there was a mix up with my money or something and I have no light , no money back, and no reply from H Y D R O G R O W L E D.. great :)
So this grow I have regulars and auto plants, i planned on having the light for the autos, but instead they are just having the swiss sun, which this year has been hardly no sunny days :(

So now for some details :)

REGULAR STRAINS

"Chronic" (from a farm in spain) (1) -- "LA Blues" (friends crossed LA confidential x Barneys Blue Cheese) (1) --

"Bonsai Sativa" (a seed from my friend bonsai, who grows mahoosive sativas) (1) -- "Random Beautys" (3) (seeds from mostly indica plants I grew last year and from seed swaps in Spain).

AUTO STRAINS

"Critical Mass" (10) & "MaxiGom"(Critical x AK47) (10)

SIZE OF POTS AND SOIL

Regulars are in 20 liter pots & Autos are mostly in 11 liter pots (some are in 20 liters.)
I use CANNA PROFESSIONAL SOIL for seedlings then ALL MIX SOIL when the plants are big enough.

DATE OF GERMINATION OF REGULAR SEEDS

In April i had these regular seeds - I had originally 4 chronic seeds, 1 LA blues seed, 4 Random Beautys, 1 feminized VENEMO ( it didnt make the journey from spain, it was damaged when i took it from the fridge :( )
and Cinderella99 but she died due to deglect.

I always have gemerminated every seed on the day before the FULL MOON in water until she cracks, then in SOIL during the full moon, and within 72 hours of puttng seed in water, she has popped out of soil and is 1 cm high :) -- even just in a dark warm place!
ALL my regular seeds were germenated on a full moon in april, in recycled 1 liter milk cartons with SOIL from the garden (its kinda fertile but very clay like).

** I had to go away for work when i began the seeds, and i had expected to be back within a month to repot the seedlings..
But the job took 2 months, so my plants were in 1 liter tetrapaks for 2 solid months, the sun didnt shine at all, and i asked the people i live with to just water them every 3 days with 300ml of mountain spring water.

C99 (cinderella) died during this time :( boohoo!

When i got back in the begining of JUNE, the plants were looking bad to say the least lol. I returned with the All mix soil 300 LITERS, and re-potted them into square 11 liter pots.

- Only (1) of the Chronics was healthy and they were all female
- The LA Blues looked weak (but i knew it wasnt genetical strong)
- All the Random Beautys looked weak but still very much alive and healthy and all female
- The Bonsai Sativa was looking healthy and female

these pics were taken around 5days after they were repotted from the 1 liter tetrapak cartons to 11 litre square pots.. I had no camera, these were the first pics I took of them. and i forget what is what in these pics!

P10000862.JPG
P10000851.JPG
P1000084.JPG
P10000831.JPG

at this point i didnt have my own camera, these were on a friends phone and not all of them are there.. one was tall enough, it was the bonsai sativa, just LSTd below
P1000151.JPG
P10001502.JPG

NO MALES :) VERY NICE LUCK!

I SHOULD ADD THAT THEY WERE AT WHAT SEEMED LIKE STUNTED GROWTH OF 30 CM MAX WITH VERY THICK STEMS ( 10MM MIN. ) roots were at 50 cm, they grew down to the bottom and back up to the top!

DATE OF GERMNATION FOR AUTO SEEDS

I began the auto seeds on Friday 13th June (fullmoon)after another 350 litre of soil, in there final pots mostly 11 litres some were in bigger.
Normally i do every plant in a 20litre minimum, but as i had no light and the sun here is not atall strong if atall, I stayed with 11liter pots to save on soil and nutes.

- In there pots i fill with ALLMIX soil and then make quite compact
- Then i take out a circlular hole, 20cm deep and 15 cm circumference, and replace soil with CANNA PROF soil for seeds and young plants.
-Then once the seeds are opened in the water, i place them on the soil and cover them with 2 or 3 mm soil, keeping warm and moist with a spray can as not to disturb the seed.

NUTRIENTS USED

I use BIO GROW 2ml per liter as an adverage mesurement.. for me though personally it depends on the plants, i usually use seeds with not stable genetics, or an unknown grow rate, basically what i mean is they dont come from seed banks, more from farms in spain that have 1000 females every year so i dont know the genetics so good, the seeds i have here were from plants i grew last year so i have an idea and remember the plants, and each has a different "hunger".

For example the LA BLUES is a strain created just last christmas and i had a seed from the first harvest, it dosnt grow fast, and hates nutes lol.. ill surely have seeds and keep it for next year :)
P10002332.JPG
(taken in begin of july i think)

So I never have a watering plan as such, depends on the plant, and the size, thickness of stem etc..

I have this grow given most mornings a FOLIAR FEED of BIOHEAVEN (something new to me, but i like the idea of what it has to offer extra metals etc for health) of 1 liter water which covers all my big plants plus autos, a mix of 3ml BIOHEAVEN and 1ml of BIOGROW.
I highly recommend this, the plants react well every plant everytime

As for NORMAL WATERING, I give 2ml in 1 liter water per plant of BIOGROW with the "first nuckle rule" when the first inch or so of soil is dry. or every 4 days if its not dry on top. I am only using mountain spring water, we are 1300m high.

PROBLEMS ENCOUNTED SO FAR

-Mainly slugs here are a huge problem, they litterally are in gangs of 15 - 20 , big too, and they love the weed plants.. so ive been putting the leaves that I take off in one certain place in the garden, and they like it there to go and munch some leaves without eating plants :)

- 2 weeks ago or maybe 2.5, we had a freak hail storm, it went from sunshine to hail and storm in a few minutes.. all my plants were out soaking in the sun, and i was haveing siesta in the attic.. I heard thunder, then light rain for one minute, and im fine with light rain as all plants were in veg.

Then the next minute hail began, and within 10 seconds it was very heavy hittin on the roof.. i rushed down, rain outside and it was mental weather, i was soaked through in 30 seconds! a mate helped me too, and we got the plants to a sheltered area, and then as soon as we got all the plants under shelter, it stopped ( there are other plants here in 120 litre terrecota pots, not mine, but we still had to move them too hahaha. ) also as i was runnng to the plants, a big plastic garden bench was blown arcoss the plants, ah it was horrible to watch! Here are some pics of the moments just after..
P10002521.JPG
P10002532.JPG
P10002491.JPG
P10002481.JPG
P10002433.JPG
P10002471.JPG

P1000246.JPG
P10002451.JPG
P10002441.JPG
P10002423.JPG
P10002393.JPG
P10002402.JPG
P10002412.JPG

P10002383.JPG

Apart from these problems, they are healthy plants.

Here are pics around 12 days after the hail

P10002732.JPG
P10002723.JPG

P10002712.JPG
P10002701.JPG

and the recovery of one of the main branches of one of my females, this is a recent pic.
P10003061.JPG

Up to date pics after mid july of all plants
P10003031.JPG
P1000302.JPG
P1000301.JPG
P10003001.JPG
P10002971.JPG
P10002983.JPG
P10002994.JPG
P10002692.JPG
P10002683.JPG
P10002674.JPG
P10002662.JPG
P10002651.JPG
P10002642.JPG

Re: Outdoor Grow in Switzerland- 1300m- Fully Organic - InSoil- Spanish Strains and A

** Today is NEW MOON and i have read that a weed plant takes up more POTASSIUM in these days of the new moon, so, today, a week after my criticals began to flower, i gave them 2ml of BIO BLOOM in 0.75 liter of water this morning..

Re: Outdoor Grow in Switzerland- 1300m- Fully Organic - InSoil- Spanish Strains and A

Here are fresh pictures from this evening, 26th july of the autos flowers 46 days after cracking open, and some have began to flower since a week or so..

P10003274.JPG
P10003251.JPG
P10003241.JPG
P10003231.JPG
P1000322.JPG
P10003211.JPG
P10003202.JPG
P10003191.JPG
P10003171.JPG
P1000316.JPG
P10003152.JPG
P10003143.JPG
P1000313.JPG

And finally.. to get me up to date on my spontanious grow journal for 2014.. pics of my females¨:)

LA Blues

P10003482.JPG
P10003471.JPG
P10003462.JPG
P10003453.JPG

Chronic

P10003443.JPG
P10003434.JPG
P10003424.JPG
P10003412.JPG

Bonsai Sativa
P10003365.JPG
P10003374.JPG
P10003383.JPG
P10003392.JPG

Random beauty topped early as you can see

P10003325.JPG
P10003333.JPG
P10003342.JPG
P10003354.JPG

random beauty mostly damaged from hail and bench

P10003282.JPG
P10003293.JPG
P10003304.JPG
P10003311.JPG

yeh i am happy , actually very happy concidering that they have only had maybe 17 days ( thats being generous) of full warm sunny days in there whole life lol

Yeh man, the chronic was from a very fast growing plant and it loved to be topped like sevearly topped, almost like cutting a hedge with sheers some might say. I rememeber i loved the way it grew, and the end bud result was amazing, i loved the taste and effect and the long effect it had.

and as for the random beautys, they are very robust indeed.. great strains to use as a start for breeding.

I do thinks sometimes we all try and be a bit to scientific about growing but again nature is so hard to repalcate(sorry about bad spelling)

yeh your correct, well from my point of view anyway.. people get so carried away with growing and read TOO much lol.. i think growing is like cooking, you can or you cant.. and if you naturally can then your can perfect your natural skills (make sence) weve got no milk so its baileys coffees this morning lol..

and sure, hey have you watched the strain hunter episodes? you get to see plants that dont even get any love and they grown great.. and you know what the guy on the program says? he says that only 10 % of the end results of a weed plant are due to what the human does, and the other 90% of the outcome is due to the quality of the seed :)

maybe this is true, all my seeds were huge, brown, tortoise shell type and i never waste soil or energy to plant a shit looking seed lol

i believe in keeping it simple and investing some cash, its like if you pay peanuts, then you get monkeys!

for this grow i have spent 300£ soil - 130£ nutes ( still havent got enough for flowering regular plants) - auto seed i got cheap - pots, 80£ (prob more) so around 500 quid, but i expect over a kg dry easy :)

and i hate it when people say , oh wow thats really expensive for a seed, ( 8 euros) (10 euros)
tight bastards that would get you a gram of grass in most places lol, i would still pay 40 euros a seed if it was normal too lol

I will have to look out for those strain hunter episodes they sound intresting. I never worry abouy the price off a seed also if its the strain i want then i get it i mormally pay anything between 5-15 quid a seed which i think is reasonable concidering what you get off a plant. I will be intresting how your autos do outside.

you can see the episodes on youtube easy enuff :)

i too am very interested in how they will turn out especially after the hail mayhem lol and no sun..
ive never grown in a "greycloud" country lol but i paid 2 euros an auto seed so its worth it lol

i still have 10 auto mazar seeds in the fridge.. i was going to do a scrog with a light. tomorrow i go and hunt down my grand lol then go shopping, ive seen on here many people using top leds :)

ive got a 500£ vet bill to pay, and no work for another week.. maybe i should borrow 170 bucks to get one

the problem is for me , i go to holland in november for the cannabis cup.. and proberly wont return back here for a while.. so im on a time limit, so i think the latest time i can start a mazar has passed already lol , they are 90 days at least to grow

Ah i looked at my babys earlier, and remembered 4 days ago -that i have topped plants on branches that are at the same level, aiming to keep them on the same levels but with more heads as there was enough space still for light to get in :)

Hi OTM you have great journal and lifestyle.Just want to tell that i have finished my automazar last night,took me 100days and had 15% amber.Have that in mind if you want to start outdoor.It's great plant and i didn't had any trouble with it.Check my journal so you will se my complete grow.I am subbed :bravo::welcome:
ive got a 500£ vet bill to pay, and no work for another week.. maybe i should borrow 170 bucks to get one

the problem is for me , i go to holland in november for the cannabis cup.. and proberly wont return back here for a while.. so im on a time limit, so i think the latest time i can start a mazar has passed already lol , they are 90 days at least to grow

Hi OTM you have great journal and lifestyle.Just want to tell that i have finished my automazar last night,took me 100days and had 15% amber.Have that in mind if you want to start outdoor.It's great plant and i didn't had any trouble with it.Check my journal so you will se my complete grow.I am subbed :bravo::welcome:

I had a look through your journal the other day. It is awedsome. And congrats on your harvest

Back
Top Bottom