Antics Perpetual Learning Experience

I just dropped the seed today, so I figured I'd get this first post out of the way.

What strain is it? GHS Big Bang 2001 High Times Cannabis Cup 3rd place winner.
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? No percentages available.
Genetics: Skunk x Northern Light x El Niño.
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Starting from Seed today.
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Roughly 70% plain potting soil, 30% perlite
If soil... What size pot? Appears to be 5+ Gallon
Size of light? 100x3 LED
Is it aircooled? Yes. Approx 400CFM fan for filtration/exhaust, Small oscillating fan for circulation.
Temp of Room/cab? Will know when LED is installed.
RH of Room/cab? Normal humidity level is about 50% without any changes.
PH of media or res? PH will be maintained between 6.3 and 7.0.
Any Pests ? None at this time
How often are you watering? Watering will be judged when I transplant to the final container, since I've added more perlite.
Type and strength of ferts used? Nutes are a basic 3 part nutrients (Not a sponsor)

Alright lets get down to the nuts and bolts of this.

Seeds from Herbies ! Green House Big Bang Feminised Seeds - Herbies Seeds
2014-09-15_12-47-31_153.jpg

Light from TopLED: 100x3w led grow light
21755.jpg

Soil will be REUSED AGAIN. 3rd grow in this soil. Old roots are removed, soil is dried out, then we start all over again. No additives or amendments will be used.

This grow will be a SINGLE PLANT, and the goal will be to Veg 6-8 weeks, and exceed my yield for my Second grow of 2 plants, with just this single plant. Total yield needed will be determined in a few more days when my previous harvest finishes drying.

Training methods used will be topping, LST, lollipopping, and defol. I would like to top multiple times on this grow. I want this plant to fill as much space in my grow room as possible. Backbuilding will also be considered when I start flowering. I have approximately 3.5'x2' of grow space to fill.

Flowering time on this girl ranges between 8-9 weeks.

re: Antics Perpetual Learning Experience

:woohoo: Looks like I picked an AWESOME DAY to come Lurking around! Count Me in for the Journey!

:peace:

I'm curious to know how efficient led panels are. I'm tired of paying the HPS 250w electricity bill, it draws much more than this, approximately 300w, and emits lots of heat too. The 170w of this panel is pretty much ok.

Are you thinking to use another supplementary source of light??

Good luck!
I'll watching.

First seat is mine :cheer:
Welcome!
:woohoo: Looks like I picked an AWESOME DAY to come Lurking around! Count Me in for the Journey!

:peace:

Welcome!

The new LED panel will be arriving tomorrow, so I'll get some pictures of it once I have it hanging in the grow closet.

I'm curious to know how efficient led panels are. I'm tired of paying the HPS 250w electricity bill, it draws much more than this, approximately 300w, and emits lots of heat too. The 170w of this panel is pretty much ok.

Are you thinking to use another supplementary source of light??

Good luck!
I'll watching.

Welcome back to another grow of mine :)

Look at this journal: 2' x 2' DWC Scrog With Jock Horror Under 48 x 3W Top LED Reflector
He's using a 48x3 for a 2'x2' 60cmx60cm scrog. After I found his journal and saw the results he was getting with that light, I decided It was time to buy one also. My CFLs produced more heat than I wanted, and using 350+ watts of power. The new LED will cut that over 50% for me.

I have seen some people use a 300 watt (approximate) LED like the one I bought 100 diodes, 3 watts each, to replace a 600w HPS, so I'm hoping for results similar to a 600w HPS grow.

I will not be using any supplemental lighting. I'm going to rely ONLY on this LED panel as my source of light for Veg as well as Flower.

This is a full spectrum panel, so I will be Vegging, and Flowering under identical light spectrums.

My new light just arrived. Holy shit am I impressed. It feels solid, no cheap plastic here. All LEDs worked, fans all work. There's no vibration of the case or fans, and all you hear is airflow from the fans.

I would definitely recommend this product to anyone looking to upgrade.

2014-09-16_12-58-52_613.jpg
2014-09-16_13-00-14_201.jpg

I can't wait to start growing with this!

https://www.topledgrowlight.com/ Awesome 420Magazine sponsors.

Thanks for leaving me a ringside seat for the grow. Question about the Top LED light. Did it come in an unmarked box?

Antics, I look forward to following your led grow. As you know, I gave Led's a try and I was blown away. I would think that with what you know you will have a fantastic yeild. Your knowledge helped me get through my first real grow without pulling my hair out! I wish you the very best with your new set up.

Well, I'm here for the ride too Ants! :love: Looks like a nice LED and sounds like a nice strain!

wow third time in same soil, no amendments or nutes, and its just plain potting soil with perlite? Nothing to feed your plants with?
Good luck beating your other combined harvest! (I mean that sincerely lol.) but I'd personally at least amend it a little! Hope it works out, I'm all for as lazy an approach as possible Lol, I just have a hard time imagining you getting a big yield like that :eek: but what do I know, maybe you are magic and blessed by the Canna-gods :circle-of-love::laughtwo:

Thanks for leaving me a ringside seat for the grow. Question about the Top LED light. Did it come in an unmarked box?

Welcome to the party :) It's nice seeing new folks stop into my journals, it makes me feel like I'm doing something right. Or maybe wrong, and It's amusing to watch me lol.
The box itself, is in fact unmarked. However there is a small label on the top that says "LED Light" and a larger freight label that says the same, listing piece number/total pieces.
Picture to show you the size of these labels:
2014-09-17_04-59-07_620.jpg
2014-09-17_05-01-55_45.jpg

Antics, I look forward to following your led grow. As you know, I gave Led's a try and I was blown away. I would think that with what you know you will have a fantastic yeild. Your knowledge helped me get through my first real grow without pulling my hair out! I wish you the very best with your new set up.
Hell I was shocked at the last yield with CFLs lol. And after seeing a few grows with LEDs, and especially Dusty Kiefer's grow with a 48x3 reflector, I was impressed how large of a plant one LED can support, so after that, I was placing my order. Plus This will use over 50% less power than my CFLs did. And probably produce a lot less heat as well. So it's a win-win all around.

Well, I'm here for the ride too Ants! :love: Looks like a nice LED and sounds like a nice strain!

wow third time in same soil, no amendments or nutes, and its just plain potting soil with perlite? Nothing to feed your plants with?
Good luck beating your other combined harvest! (I mean that sincerely lol.) but I'd personally at least amend it a little! Hope it works out, I'm all for as lazy an approach as possible Lol, I just have a hard time imagining you getting a big yield like that :eek: but what do I know, maybe you are magic and blessed by the Canna-gods :circle-of-love::laughtwo:

Welcome, Strangler. The LED is impressive. Honest to shit I would never think this was a $105 light. The strain itself sounds good, but the THC and CBD % are confusing. When I purchased it, it was listed with 15.5% THC, and 1.5% CBD. It's currently being listed as 19.8% THC, and 0.12% CBD. So I'm unsure what I'm really going to have here. But if it placed 3rd for the Cannabis Cup, it should be halfway decent.

I WILL be using nutes throughout the grow, and I'll be using a 3 part synthetic/chemical nute system. But I'm just not amending the soil. I have fantastic compost outside, but it's also likely filled with bugs that I don't want inside the house, much less on my plants. I'm also on a tighter budget than most, so purchasing amendments, and/or pesticide is out of my price range, especially after buying the LED.

I agree with you completely. Soil should be amended, treated, etc.. and even given time to rest after a few grow cycles. But.. let's face it, a lot of growers are cutting corners out there for different reasons. Lack of knowledge, laziness, budget, etc.. Aside from laziness, the lack of knowledge and budget are excusable, and understandable.

So I figure what the hell, I'll give it a try. I'd like to think I have enough general gardening experience now, and after 2 somewhat successful CFL grows, I'm thinking and hoping I can make this work. I like to think of it as an experimental approach, opposed to lazy :)

And I'm sure I'll have a hard time beating the previous yield, which after a few spot checks today weighing a few of the drying buds, looks like it'll be in the 70-80 gram range. Those 2 plants have a combined Veg time of 11 weeks. (6 for one, 5 for the other). And my goal is to do this in 8 weeks Veg time. Flower time is 8-9 weeks.

But yielding a little over 2 ounces on a plant isn't unheard of at all, and it's been done plenty of times before. So I'm not heading into completely uncharted territories.
Thank you for the well wishes though!

I don't think I'm magical, but I did have good luck on the previous grow, so I'm hoping that will continue.

As for my seedling, she hasn't emerged above the soil yet, and I might have to switch to CFLs for the early seedling stage. I recently read a topic where Pantagruel mentioned that some seedlings don't like the LEDs when they first emerge. So we'll see how well that goes for me. Plan A is LED from seed to harvest. Plan B will be CFL for the early seedling days, then changing to LED afterwards.

OHH. LOL sorry - Idk where I got that assumption, I was up too late last night ;)
Sounds like a good plan Ants! I'll definitely keep an eye on this - I'm sure you'll love the LED after the CFL's - but yeah, I too have had issues with early seedlings put straight under an LED - I think its much better to start off with CFL's in a soft white or blue spectrum. The growth seems much more vigorous and nodes are much more closely spaced from my experience.
:Namaste:

Count me in! I like me a good led grow :)

Welcome to my little journal :) Hopefully I'll be able to grow successfully and make great use of my new LED :)

OHH. LOL sorry - Idk where I got that assumption, I was up too late last night ;)
Sounds like a good plan Ants! I'll definitely keep an eye on this - I'm sure you'll love the LED after the CFL's - but yeah, I too have had issues with early seedlings put straight under an LED - I think its much better to start off with CFL's in a soft white or blue spectrum. The growth seems much more vigorous and nodes are much more closely spaced from my experience.
:Namaste:

I think I'll like them. I just have to pick up some glasses for the UV/IR now. Otherwise, I'm all set for another grow. I have a soft white double light running over my germination pot now, since the general consensus seems to agree that LEDs don't work the best for seedlings. Thanks for the heads up.

:thanks:

Thanks for the box pics Antics. Was hoping it was a discreet and that looks good to me. Just didn't want to get a package with GROW LIGHT in big neon letters. You know the old saying; An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure...

Thanks for the box pics Antics. Was hoping it was a discreet and that looks good to me. Just didn't want to get a package with GROW LIGHT in big neon letters. You know the old saying; An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure...

No problem man. The box itself is plain brown cardboard and the only markings are arrows for 'this side up' and 'fragile'. There's no way anyone can tell what's in the box unless they were holding it, reading the small label, or that packaging list.

I know exactly what you mean though, I was hoping I didn't see giant bold letters myself. And I know that phrase all too well.

The light is real nice for the price, but don't forget, you'll need some UV and IR sunglasses to prevent damage to your eyes.

LOL Thanks... I get to make all the mistakes first.

This is how my last grow went with Power Flower, 3 guys growing at the same time, of course mine was started first so I could screw it up first lol

Welcome to my journal anyways brother. Hopefully I'll have some decent green growing action going on here to share with everyone.

hell yea the results from this grow will be my deciding factor on me asking santa for a led panel and a new big tent. glad i got in the front row on this one its going to be a packed house ..

Back
Top Bottom