My First Ever Grow - UK Based in My Bedroom

EARTHWALKER

Ok, here we go, my first attempt at growing.

My first grow is 4 weeks in, but technically 2 weeks as the plant was in the upstairs window for 2 weeks as I couldn't afford a light. It was growing spindly in the window as it was clearly trying to reach the sun (93 million miles away). It now has a 400w dual spectrum light and reflector on my bedroom floor attached to a cloths dryer. Rather thin and spindly, kept falling over, but I've now re-packed it and most of it is now under some fresh cocoa soil with some added perlite. I've used perlite before to grow some palm and ficus plants and it does very well to filter extra water and not allow drowning.
Windows open and it's moving slightly from the breeze. I removed it's splint about an hour ago and it is still standing. That's longer than it's lasted before falling over before. I give it a good 12 hours of light about 15 inches from the canopy. I can keep my hand there for 2 minutes, so I think that's a good distance.

This post was from my introduction thread from yesterday btw. I was advised to make a journal, so I copied it here.
20141019_174202.jpg
20141019_174154.jpg
20141019_174148.jpg

Re: My first ever grow. UK based in my bedroom :D

I took the pics from my daughters kindle, is that why the lines are there? Is the kindle not suitable for such things?

Anyway, I turned the light off last night after a good 12 hours and noticed the top leaves are a nice deep green, but the bottom ones are slightly yellowing.
I'll get some pics up when the light goes off in a few hours as that seems to be the best way.

The plant is a Flash Chaze (Super Auto) in case that is relevant.

Hi EARTHWALKER,

The lines come from the High intensity lighting and is the same on most cameras.

Well done, she is looking good. An oscillating fan will strengthen her stem.

You will need some fertilizer for her, there is nothing much in coco coir or perlite.

That is pretty much passive hydroponics, so you should know the ph of your water.

Any diluted vegetable or tomato fertilizer will do for now.

:goodluck:

It looks like nitrogen toxicity mate, the end of the leaves are clawing down which usally means so. I have a grow atm with about a 4 week old plant that did the same before I flushed the shit out of the soil. First runoff was 1103ppm... after the flush I brang it back down to 535ppm and the clawing has stopped.

Are you feeding the plants to much? also how many times are you feeding them a week?

im here your signature link worked great !!

check out my signature for some helpful link to help u get started ,and our monthly member contest.

here is a leaf deficiency chart for u do u know your ph?

leavedeficiencies6.jpg

hey im here just letting you know im subscribed to your journal

My journal

So what you do is when you put in the link through the button(globe with paperclip on it) you should see that it shows you the 2 lines that are the same by repeating the link 2 times.

I took the brackets out so you can see where to do this at. The brackets will be there when you do it though through the link button.

Now its going to be

URL="My First Ever Grow - UK Based in My Bedroom" my journal/url

After the first .html"] The part following it where it repeats the address take that out all the way to the end [ url] and simply type whatever you would like to call it. Be sure to keep the end /url in there as that is what ends the link. I hope you understand that as I just got up and I sometimes try to elaborate a bit to much

Morning all. 07:25 and just got up for work. Had a quick looksee and she doesn't seem to be any worse this morning after a good 11 hours of darkness.
I have been watering daily, but not a huge amount. I have some basic plant food in the water too. So I'm now thinking I should not be feeding it until it starts to flower? Or the plant food is a little strong and I'm using too much?
I'm home in about 8 hours and I'lll check her then as this will be a full 2 days without any watering or feeding.

You shouldnt water them everyday and instead should give them fewer big waterings. Cannabis plan ts love water but they dont like soggy wet feet. By watering them everyday you are essentially strangling your roots throat underwater. It cant breath and the consequence is the roots wont grow thick and long because it doesnt have to grow out seeking water because its already all right theres no need to get up and move to seek it. Bigger roots mean healthier stronger bigger plants that will yield better.

For the sig have you tried what I said?

1.Click the globe button to type in the website address of your journal.
2.After the first :My-first-ever-grow-uk-based-my-bedroom-d-2.html Erase the duplicate line.
3.BEFORE the [/URL] type My first Journal
4.Save it
5.Done
6.Profit!

Nice grow mate. The HPS style lights will cause that interference on most cameras, best to leave it off for photos.

Like the others have said, coco is basically sterile so you need to provide the plant with 100% of its nutrients, you should probably pick up an A+B type pack of hydroponic nutrients and run it at less than 50% of the manufacturers dose (after you flush the soil).

Alot of hardware or pool shops will test your tap water or "pool water" ph for free if you take some in with you in a jar. You can then buy some ph down and just adjust based off that.

Back
Top Bottom