Celia Jr's - Soil - Jack The Ripper - TGA - Grow Journal

Celia Jr

Hello everyone! This is my very first grow journal but certainly not my first grow! This is only my second go round after long hiatus and am currently working on a budget so I welcome any feedback and advice anyone may have!

I germinated some Jack The Ripper seeds from TGA Genetics (This is my first time working any Hybrid of Jack), as you can see in the pictures, 1 of my seeds germinated twins. They've been under my 400-watt HPS on an 18/6 cycle now for a week and a half. I have them in 3.5 gallon buckets with a soil mixture a friend gave me (for all I know it may be Miracle Gro), Fox Farm Trio and Botanicare Sweet. They both measured today at just over 7" tall compared to my Master Kush from my last grow which at this point in the cycle they were only about 4 or 5 inches with nowhere near as much foliage as these JTR are producing.

I'd love to hear some feedback, especially from anyone with experience growing Jack The Ripper. I've never grown a Hybrid of Jack and have heard they can be a bit problematic at times. So far this is reminding me of a Mango Haze I used to grow as far as how fast its growing as well as structure.

IMG_60502.JPG
IMG_60484.JPG
IMG_60475.JPG
IMG_60465.JPG

Re: Celia Jr's Soil Jack The Ripper(TGA) Grow Journal

UPDATE# 1

IMG_60584.JPG
IMG_60573.JPG

Babies are surely growing pretty fast! One of them are yellowing a bit so I could use a little advice there as you can see

IMG_60593.JPG
IMG_60605.JPG

And this one is having a little curling action on the sides of 2 fan leaves

IMG_60616.JPG

I'm thinking of hitting them with some Sparkling Water today, maybe with a little coconut water. You guys have any advice?

I also just popped a seed of a feminized Super Silver Haze x Leaning Satelite x Blueberry that I have a ton of put away, just thought it was time to finally give it a try and maybe keep her as a momma

Another Update:

I woke today with worse yellowing and another one beginning to yellow. They were also pretty droopy today.

I hit them with a watering of just club soda and I can already notice a difference. They perked right up!!! I'll post some pics in the morning to show their improvement. I might just hit them with club soda again tomorrow depending on how they react to it overnight

high there Celia,
couple questions:
how could anyone tell ya what do do with your soil when no one (including yourself) know's what in it? That's an impossible task if ya ask me.
if your willing, build a soil and let it cook while clones of your strains are rooting. then you have control and know whats going on. don't forget about the soil food web. I had a miracle grow grow once for a little while, then I started reading and scrapped it for TLO. Did that for a while then couldn't deny the truth I found in living organic soil. Cool you are going to study horticulture, id love to do that!

im growing sensi seeds Jack Herer atm and its a crazy stretcher. Not sure how relavant that is to your jack the ripper cultivar. probably not much.

That's actually the plan I originally had for these. Grow them out a bit and after sexing and topping, taking clones and separate a mother. I can't thank you enough for all the info you sent me. Thanks to you I'll be able to go organic a lot sooner than expected.

Thanks about school! I've actually wanted to study horticulture since I was in high school but I had some growing up to do first lol. I'll most likely start shopping for those ingredients this weekend

They are from seed, TGA Genetics' Jack The Ripper

They are 13 days as of November 1st

I usually sex my plants using light manipulation, I put them on 12/12 for about 5 or 6 days then put them back in an 18/6 cycle. I'm really happy with the tight internode spacing on these so I'm not 100% sure on using light manipulation for these. I think the results might be better if I just wait it out with this one.

I have found that the cannabis plants from seed show sex under 18/6 around I think it was 55-60 days, and a transplant around that time seemed to kick off the showing of the sex (pre flowers). A friend told me I could do it this way and it worked. I don't think the transplant is necessary to determine sex, just time to get sexually mature I guess. Although when transplanting clones (which are from an older mature mother plant) I usually see a burst of pistols right after a transplant. Thanks, I was just curious what you were doing. I don't think there is a right or wrong way to sex them, just different ones.

im smoking some tga gear a friend grew right now, jacks cleaner. great smoke imo.

Transplanting does actually help with sexing the plants. Not sure exactly why, I'm guessing possibly the initial shock triggers it. Light manipulation has always worked for me, been doing it for almost 8 years every time that I grow from seed. With my clones, I also see the big burst of pistils 3 days after transplanting. It's all about experimentation, there's always a new method begging to be discovered so I highly encourage experimenting with an extra seed or clone if you them readily available.

Jack's Cleaner is definitely a great smoke! Not sure if you know the story of how that strain came to fruition but it's a very interesting read! Jack's Cleaner was also a mother to Jack The Ripper with a male Space Queen

I was not able to get a picture yesterday when the yellowing was at it's worst but this is a significant improvement from yesterday. The green is starting to return to the plants already so I hit them with Club Soda again today. I am seriously considering giving them a 10 day cycle of Club Soda like some people have recommended to me. Tomorrow they should be looking much better!
IMG_60911.JPG

This one was the worst one and as you can see some green is returning. This plant was yellow from head to toe yesterday!
IMG_60921.JPG

This one was also pretty bad but it's coming back
IMG_60932.JPG

This one is looking great IMO
IMG_60943.JPG
IMG_60954.JPG

The Effect of Carbonated Water on Green Plants

"Club Soda or carbonated water contains macronutrients essential to plant growth. Those macronutrients are: carbon, oxygen, hydrogen, phosphorous, potassium, sulfur, and sodium. Given proper nutrients, plants should grow at a faster rate than those who do not acquire as much of the nutrients"

This was my first time trying it out on my babies and I am very please with the results thus far. When I first did it yesterday, I spoke to my mother who is an avid gardener(she grows monster Cucumbers, Peppers and Tomatoes) and she even told me club soda works wonders on plants. I also have 2 veteran grower buddies who also recommended it to help the yellowing and give the plants a boost

Celia, when the fringes of leaves begin to curl upwards, the plant is signalling that it is getting too hot. It's the plant's way of minimizing moisture loss by closing stomata apertures. Continued exposure to intense heat intensity will damage chlorolplasts causing leaf bleaching and then browning as necrosis sets in.

Transplanting puts roots under while exposing them to a breath of fresh air! A little bit of stress is actually a good thing for plants. Those of use who practice bonsai put our specimens under all kinds of stress to thicken trunks and encourage new root growth. When you damage plant cells with bending, scraping or pruning, the damaged cells ooze plasma which signals parenchyma production. Parenchyma are unspecialized plant cells. The parenchymal cells in turn thicken the damaged area and act as a band-aid. Plant hormones signal salicyn production and cell specialization in the area of leaking cells. Thus branches bending in the wind thicken; roots boost root cell production; pruned areas above the root zone are uncouraged to develop new shoots. Parenchyma is most notable at the feet of cuttings which are propagated aero/hydroponically. The parenchyma is that stubby white mass just before elongation into root specialization occurs.

Thank you Cannabelle. I'm starting to believe the temperature may be an issue. We've had a cold front the past few days so now I can really notice the temp difference in my grow area. I'll be spending all of tomorrow working on ventilating my space more properly until i can purchase a new portable air conditioner(it's been a life saver for me in past grows). I still have yellowing on the two. Due to its more abnormal structure and growth, I believe one of them is going to be a male(if so, i'll put him in the woods so I can collect pollen when he begins to produce). But I have one very healthy baby and one with yellowing that is recovering slowly nut nicely. I also had my unnamed Super Silver Haze x Leaning Satelite x Blueberry seed sprouted which I will take a pic of tomorrow (For now i'm going to call it Hazy Daisy)

My Jack The Ripper babies are 15 days old today. The yellowing on one has really worsened, I have a feeling this one may turn out to be a male from past experience, just seems to be behaving like one IMO. The other yellowing plant is recovering nicely. Here are a few pics of how they looked when I woke up today.
IMG_61031.JPG
IMG_61053.JPG
IMG_61042.JPG

Here is the really bad one
IMG_61062.JPG

Hazy Daisy has officially joined the party and the journal!
IMG_61092.JPG

After watering I defoliated my Jack The Ripper babies and tied down the low branches of my healthiest one as you can see below
IMG_61173.JPG
IMG_61135.JPG
IMG_61143.JPG
IMG_61126.JPG
IMG_61115.JPG

I'm spending the week gathering all the materials to make my own LOS mix thanks to COorganics and all his help. On day 20 or 21 I am going to start light manipulation to weed out the males if there are any(i believe there will be one). During the days of light manipulation, I'm going to move Hazy Daisy to the garage and put her under my T5 and put her back in the room when I switch JTR back to 18/6 after sexing.
I'm hoping for one male to move outside for collecting pollen. I have a friend who wants to pollinate his Cheese with a Jack strain so I'm going to help him out and hopefully he can breed some kick ass genetics as this will be his first attempt.

Glad to see your plants are almost completely recovered! Glad I found this journal and I am along for the ride now!

VERY interesting information about the Club Soda method... definitely going to give that one a try. Would you suggest waiting a certain amount of time or for a certain stage before implementing Club Soda waterings? My ladies started as clones and have been in soil for almost 4 days now, suffered from a little heat stress when I transplanted them and put them under my CFL's. They have definitely been suffering from that exposure and are still recovering so I was thinking maybe the Club Soda watering would give them a little boost.

Anyways, nice lookin plants, lets hope that the light manipulation... reveals all females!!! Haha. Good luck sir! Can't wait to see this journal progress.

Hello everyone! It's been a while since the last update so let me get to it! Today my Jack The Ripper babies are 29 days old. My cross strain code name "Hazey Daisy" is about 17 to 19 days old. I think they're looking great. What do you all think?
FullSizeRender15.jpg

Today they are going to be defoliated again(I do it on a weekly basis) and the branches are going to be tied down again. They also received their first batch of aerated worm tea(my new favorite hobby!). I'll post up more pictures as soon as I finish defoliating and tying!

IMG_62414.JPG
IMG_62435.JPG
IMG_62421.JPG

Here is code name Hazey Daisy
IMG_62443.JPG

Hope all is well in your world.

Is your grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom