The Gamble - The Grow - Join

Keefgrown

This will be my first grow. I have no experience other than reviewing others grow journals, common sense and through trail and error over the past two months. ( SOON to FLOWER ):thumb:
I decided to grow a total of 5 clones, Two Black Berries which I received after being clipped from its mother plant and traveling 8 hours. - The other three AlskanThunderFu, LemonSour, NorthernLightBlu I did not receive until a week or two after the BlackBerries.

Equipment & NUTES:
General Hydro : Gro/Bloom, Mirco, Nectar D, Flora Nectar, CALMAG, FloraBlend, Floralicious, SuperThrive.
Medium: Happy Frog/Ocean Forest
Lights: 90WLED, G8LED 240W
Tent: Apollo 48'x48'80 (VEG) Moving into 60'x60'80(Flower) w/ G8900 LED.

Medium for the BB Originally in the first two weeks consisted of fox farm warrior 1GAL? I'm thinking. Watering schedule for these plants was horrible, as the friend who provided the clones also provided bad information, Such as a 1GAL of water w/CALMAG per plant. I felt this water locked my plant, and pretty much stunted growth. Retaining water I felt it didn't need, also the pots had trouble releasing water. (Thankfully away from the issue).
Here are some of the early days:
Feb 27th/2015 - March 6th/2015
IMG_70662.jpg
IMG_57356.jpg
IMG_53216.jpg
IMG_33917.jpg

I used my buddies tent as a temp and 90W LED NOBRAND UFO.

More to come in the morning!
I will be providing all the humidity levels, and temperatures as well as my feeding schedule!
Please join in, I'd really appreciate the feed back!

Sneak Peak !
IMG_178921.jpg

Hello Mr. Amazing, NewBoy420! Welcome to the Grow.

-

A little back story, I received the black berries unexpectedly, thinking my friend was only bringing me a small tent & 90wLED/400W MID. Only enough space to grow one Plant! Now, that being said I'm very happy with the position I'm currently in. After realizing the space needed to grow, I quickly invested in a lager tent, and a higher power led, which would happen twice in the course of my adventure. Grabbing LemonSour,ATF,NorthernLightBlu March 7th.

-
Transplant, #1 (Medium Happy Frog 100% / As well as the clones original soil mass)
BlackBerry 1&2 - Everything went as planned, tried the massage method; damaged some of the roots on the outside but all in all seemed 2% of the root system was screwed. (false percentages, I don't really know) guesstament.
LemonSour & Northern Light Blu - I Kept them undistributed in there soilless grow medium - Recommended ROUTE.
Alskan Thunder Fu- I tried the old dip and shake, followed some jerk, off of youtube; said use a dixxie cup same size.. - DO NOT, pretty much expanded making the soil grip the sides, when I tried moving the clone, I felt a rip in the roots OUCH! - You'll see in the pictures below.

- ATF VV Below w/ CRITICAL DMG
ATF6.jpg

- Black Berry VV Below
BBK15.jpg

-
BBK23.jpg

- Northern Light Blu VV Below
NLB3.jpg

- Lemon Sour VV Below
LemonSour.jpg

Feed / Watering
The first three cycles, only CALMAG/SUPERTHRIVE (Every Third Day) - DID NOT WRITE DOWN FEED UNTIL MARCH 19TH
LIGHT CYCLE : 18HR ON / 6HR OFF.
TEMP: 77*-80* Lights on/ 71.8-72.4 Lights Off.
HML: 37.0%-45%(Post Misting) 48-53% - Tent holds levels fairly easily. Watering days humidity increase 1% then bounces back.
PH LEVEL : 6-6.5
PH SOIL RUN OFF :5.5-6.5
PPM: I never bought a meter... I'm foolish for this I'm told. :Namaste:

Later this evening I'll be posting March 10th - March 25TH.

Thank you again for taking interest in my growing adventures.

Here I am buddy:)....so.....things look pretty good so far my friend but how about taking some natural light pics so we can see the green of the leaves better....the last pic looks like might be the start of a cal/mag defic but not sure with the shine of the leds:)......also...the nutes you are using...are they organic?....i am thinking they are the same as some samples i got and they were not organic.....if not then i would say you might be wasting good money on the ocean forest and happy frog as they are organic....i might be wrong but if not then look in to organic nutes and organic cal/mag as well......there is this whole sybiotic thing with the microbes in organic soil that you have to keep happy:).....alright my friend.....have a good day:)

Haha...no worries on the newbie mistake my friend:)...i have been back to growing for about 2 years this time....have had several succesful harvests....and just a month ago my girls started going downhill....ends up i failed to read the directions clearly for the cal/mag and was giving them double the max dose:)lol.....so even with a little experience things get messed up for one reason or another.....i log it in my book of learn from's;).....looking forward to the pics:)

Good morning, March 10-25th

I've been anything but perfect while on this journey, but in nature nothing goes as planned, so I don't let it effect the outlook on the grow. Yes, I've nute burned - had poor distance between my LEDS in the beginning... so if you are considering growing do it legally! I've learned cannabis is a very resilient plant that handles stressful conditions fairly easily.
-
That being said, for the most part while you are growing I'd say try to stimulate the plants. Misting, Wind, even music seems to hold an effect. ( I let my old iPad Play Nature Sounds - Birds/Rain in during the lights being on, and crickets at night) Honestly, I've noticed that if sound wasn't stimulating the environment while setting it to night(off), the smell of freshly cut grass wouldn't take effect as quickly. Vise-versa for the danky smell in the morning(on).

OFFPOST - French physicist and musician, Joel Sternheimer, discovered the mechanism for how plants respond to the stimulation of sound waves. Sternheimer com-poses musical note sequences which help plants grow and has applied for an international patent.
- I want to appoligize for the poor quality of pictures and angles, this grow journal was a spare the moment idea.
March 10V - Northern Light Blu
march10.jpg

March 11V - AlskanThunderFu
march11.jpg

March 13 Group Picture
march13.jpg

March 14 ATF - the critically dmg & GROUP PHOTO BLACKBERRY 1&2
march144.jpg

BLACKBERRY 1&2 FrontRow / LemonSour Back Right / NLB Back Left
march14.jpg

March 16th FULL GROUP
march16.jpg

March 17-25th I'll update this evening (Really :) ), Now it's time to read up on everyone!

:Namaste:

If you have any questions, comments or concerns about the grow please do not hesitate.

Back
Top Bottom