2nd Grow Journal - LEDs This Time

EARTHWALKER

Greetings everyone. Finally have a way to post pics, so thought I would make another journal.

So onwards...

Light: 1x 48x3 led from Mars; thank you Sara for your help.
Medium: 75% Coco and 25% Perlite...roughly.
Nutes: Cana A&B and PK13/14
Seeds: 3 chilli seeds of mixed strength. 1xWiite Widow and 1xDiesel Ryder.
PH is 5.8-6.0 which is checked daily for it's odd rise and fall.

It's been roughly 3 weeks since seed.

Enough of the gumph (I do like that word) to the pics!!!

20150610_145011.jpg
20150610_145124.jpg
20150610_145118.jpg
20150610_145030.jpg
20150610_145129.jpg
20150610_145134.jpg

I have 2 buckets next to my tent. 1 with nutes and 1 with water. I completely forgot which was which yesterday, so rather than pour them both away, I guessed....the wrong one..lol. Today one of the big fan leaves which I stripped had the tiniest sign of nute burn, so I chucked the water in both buckets away and started from scratch. Only using 1/4 nutes as any more seems to cause problems. She likes 1/4 and who am I to try and change her mind.

As I am not in any hurry to see her get big, I thought I would do a little LST'ing and see what happens; thanks to LA for your guide mate.
The Diesel Ryder is an Auto, so I'll just let her do her thing. I will be flipping in 4 to 5 weeks on the WW which should coincide nicely for the Diesel.

All in all, everything is going to plan.

Just some clarification needed.
The big plant is a photo-period plant which is the White Widow, the 2 orange pots have chilli's in and the brown blob thing on the right has my Diesel Lowryder which is 2 days old.
The brown blob thing started as a very small disc which you put water in and then trnasfer the whole thing to a bigger pot. No idea what it's called as it was a freebie with my coco :high-five:

Here's another update.
20150613_141229.jpg
20150613_141130.jpg
20150613_141137.jpg
20150613_141156.jpg

The WW is going strong. The chilli's are slow growing but seem to love the light. No idea how long they take as never grown them before.
I checked the Diesel yesterday and the roots were coming out of the bottom of the plug, so she's been re-potted into my small'ish grow pot and now today the first set of leaves are out and stretching sideways nicely. So she's definitely very happy after the transplant.

Onwards to another update.
Things are going well still. It's amazing it's been this long and still not a problem. I guess I have retained the info I have learned on this site :slide:
20150617_1.jpg
20150617_2.jpg
20150617_3.jpg
20150617_6.jpg
20150617_7.jpg
20150617_4.jpg
20150617_5.jpg

now I have 5 chillies growing. I did put 3 seeds in each pot and they germinate anything from 7 to 21 days. 1 more chilli popped above the soil today. Amazing.

The WW has grown to the sides of the pot and over, so I won't be stretching her any more sideways, upwards and onwards for another 3 weeks or so until I flip which will coincide with the Diesel starting her flower cycle. That way I can remove my veg nute bucket and replace it with a bloom nute bucket. It looks like I'll have 10 cola nodes to work with.

Space and storage of different buckets is a little bit of a problem. I only really have room for 2 feeding buckets. I am doing everything to hide these. I have 3 kids, that means more kids and more kids coming around to play etc.
The police coverage in this area is amazing. It's very rare that I look out the window; do a scan of the area and not see at least one Bobby about.

Onwards to the photo's:-
20150625_1.jpg
20150625_2.jpg
20150625_3.jpg
20150625_4.jpg
20150625_5.jpg
20150625_6.jpg

10 main nodes on the WW now, so a tiny bit more of sideways stretching, maybe 2 more weeks and it's then onwards to bloom time.
The diesel has just started her 4th set of true leaves so I think she'll be more than double her bulk in 2 weeks. Looking forward to watching her growth spurt.

Finally, the chilli's are really taking off. Really can't wait to try them.

Another update.
20150807-1.jpg
20150807-3.jpg
20150807-2.jpg
20150807-4.jpg
20150807-6.jpg
20150807-5.jpg

Everything is going well still. The WW tried to grow 4 more nodes, so I snipped those off. I have plenty enough nodes to completely fill the pot now.
The Diesel's growth has absolutely exploded the past 3 days. Also has pistils. In fact the pistils came exactly 4 weeks into the growth which was stated on the seed site I bought them from, so I am a little amazed as I've never grown an auto that followed the seed banks description. If it continues it will be ready to harvest in exactly 4 weeks time. We shall see.
The chilli's are going steady. Probably a few more months to go on those.

I think as the Diesel has now started it's flowering cycle, I'll start to add some blooming nutrients.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Well, here's an update. I wasn't able to post anything as my internet was shut off as I just couldn't afford to pay for it. Happy days.
The Diesel went mental and stretched and spread out filling the whole tent. Gave me 11gramms when dry. An absolute disaster.

My White Widow is no longer growing under shade, so she's really going well. I'll see if I can get a pic or 2 of how she's going.

Grow completed. Still not able to do any photo's. Overall weight was 1.7 ounces dry and oh my! Absolute wicked smoke. Very strong taste and a little harsh for my liking. A slightly acidic; almost lemony aroma which gave an all-over body experience which lasted for around 2 hours. Not the kind of smoke you want and to be able to function. I tried some internet gaming and failed horribly :laughtwo:
Hopefully get another grow up soon.

Get more photos! The stems on your plants looked superrrrr thick. You really made sure that plant didn't grow tall. I'm looking to do the same.

So did you like using LEDs better? Can't decide myself if I wanna use mine for flower 300w MarsHydro Led or 600w hps. Or both during.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Okay. And as you know there's so much information out there on Led Vs Hps. Guess I'll have to skip pass the marketing and figure out which on actually does better. Cause I've seen vids of 500w Led beating out a 1130w hps as far as yields. So idk.

Half the things I find say they are pretty much the same. Just that Led's have been in the background and are trying to replace the hps. For obvious reason. But I can't help but to try a flower with hps.

Also on the tube at NoobGrow

Back
Top Bottom