Nofene's Journal - AK - LED - Coco

nofene

Hey everyone, this is about my umpteenth attempt at making a journal, but now I am determined to persevere and finish it properly. :cheer:

I am still using the same lighting setup as before (DIY LEDs: 55W + 20W, info on the main one here), one small fan, that's all.

At the moment I have two strains going, one is a feminized mystery AK of some sorts, courtesy of a friend. She is about 2,5 months old, been under 12/12 from the beginning, but because of the small lights she took her time, however she is properly flowering now. She had a special trait that I only seen once before, at every node she bring 3 fan leaves, and 3 new calyxes.

Amal_Triple.jpg

She is in a 10L air-pot with coco.

The second strain is a Auto Sweet Tooth, it's from a Spanish breeder. She is only a week old in a 6L air-pot and coco.

I am using Canna Coco A+B, PK13/14 when it will be needed. The AK is a heavy feeder, the small one gets only water for now.

Hopefully I really can keep up this time, promise to not give up :p

Nice wax pepper! And those DIY lights seem to be working pretty good!

You are very lucky to have gotten a female tri-foliar. They are usually male. But your right they produce very nicely!!

Subbed

Cheers J189RFC, nice to have you here!

Yeah, I've never grown a tri-foliar myself. I haven't been traininf nor topping her, however I had to really get into defoliating a couple of times, my lights penetration is not to strong (more like abismal :)), also she was growing leaves like crazy. I will be really interested to see her top cola form, I have a feeling it will be big (as big as the lights will let it grow). I am chuffed to bits with her!

Hey everyone, quick update, no pictures at this time (not much to show after just two days). As (I think) I mentioned, the AK was under 12/12 from the get-go, nonetheless looking at her pistils and the stage of bud-sites, she looks like she is in around 2 weeks of flowering, so hopefully in a week's time her buds will start showing some more, plus I expect her to stretch quite some more, the internodal distance is still really small (about half an inch, to be fair it might be because she is tri-foliar, so mind you she needs to get some distance between 3 nodes at a time, not just 2 as per usual).
At this point I started to add a bit of cal-mag into my mix, the Canna Coco A+B has some in it, but in my experience this is about the time, when she needs some more (Coco + LED, all make her want extra). I am giving her 1ml/litre as of yet.

The small Auto Sweet Tooth is in great shape she is growing every day, she only gets PHd water, that's about it.

I'll post more pictures in a couple of days time, when there is actually enough development to see.

Today's update, with a couple of things that happened in the last days. So the big AK went through yet another defoliation (this tri-foliar thing is getting almost annoying now, as well as brilliant, just because the small growspace and small light :p) just way too many leaves. Now she regenerated, her leaves are in position collecting as much light as she can :)
More and more pistils popping up and they are getting fatter as well. You can almost see on the small leaves as the trichomes start to build up slowly.

Also, to my suprise, even the lower bud-sites are looking much nicer, they are not going to be big but they show real nice.

The small Auto Seet Tooth had just a bit of a problem, the PH in the coco went up and that stunned her for a day oor so. In my earlier grows I encountered the same PH problem, so I had enough and bought a proper hydro PH down, from "Growth Technology". It is 81% phosphoric acid basically, hopefully this will work properly. After adjusting the PH of the medium she started to get stronger by the hour. So hopefully she'll be alright, and from now on I will keep a closer eye on the PH until I'm sure I won't come across this problem again.

And a groupshot:

Hey everyone, Sunday update here.

So today went over "Amal", the AK. This means defoliation, she is still growing leaves as crazy, but given the small grow-tent and the low power lights, I have to do defoliation regurarly. I am aware that this might stun her, unfortunately I have no other choice, but to do this. Before/after pics from the top:

As you can see, I did not remove that many fan-leaves but I removed a lot of deformed (deformation occurs because some leaves just have no space to grow at all) smaller leaves (she is still bringing 3 at every node, even on the side branches), plus there wasn't sufficient air-movement around the denser parts.

But now the light can reach most of the plant especially the bud-sites, even on lower side-branches.
A couple of photos of the side-branches, lower buds:

So looks like we are on track, hopefully this treatment won't stun her much. She received a good feeding today after defoliation as well. She still needs stretching in my opinion which is not really happenning, this way I am unsure where would the buds find space to fill out, or maybe I will get some really dense flowers :)
About the small one: she is growing nicely, surely, I'll post more picture of her in the coming days.

group_09_08.jpg

Think I will have a seat and enjoy the grow. Thanks for the journal.

Hello, Mtn Dew and welcome, thanks for the support!

Also as promised here are two pictures of the small Auto Sweet Tooth, named Candy. She popped her head out about 10-11 days ago.

Candy_10_08_15_2.jpg

Candy_10_08_15_1.jpg

Looking good, oh and I raised the lights, just a tad, about 2 inches, back in the past this helped me achieve some more stretching, which I need on the big plant.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom