2nd Grow - 3 x Alegria + 1 White Widow

hazophile

Hey everyone , after going through my first ever grow and learning alot of stuff , i decided to start my 2nd grow .

Its been around 2 weeks since the plants have surfaced . You will see one of them being a bit late , its because in the beginning , there was a seed that just refused to grow no matter what . Not to waste more time , i decided to throw it away and germinate a new one . A couple details :

Tent Specs :
Secret Jardin
60 x 60 x 160cm - 2 x 2 x 5ft

Strains :
a) 1x White Widow Dutch Passion
Sex: Feminised
Indoor Flowering: 50-60 days.
Ind / Sat: 75% Indica - 25% Sativa.
THC: 18.9%.

b) 3x Alegria KiwiSeeds
Sex: Feminised
Indoor Flowering : 60-70 days.
Ind / Sat : 80% Indica - 20% Sativa
THC: low THC and high CBD strength.

Light :
1x Mars Hydro 300W Led Light (Old model) .
Height : 50cm (19inches) from plants .

1x Mars Hydro 300 Led light (New Old model) - 5w x 60
Height : 50cm (19inches) from plants .

Ventilation :
a) Air Intake
In-Line extraction Fan
Diameter 100mm
Consumption: 15W
Capacity: 110 m3/h (3884.61 CFH) - 1.83 m3/min (64.62 CFM)

b) Air Extraction
Diameter 100m
Consumption : 30W
Capacity: 185 m3/h (6533.21 CFH) - 3.08 m3/min (108.76 CFM)

Temperature :
Light on : 27 °C (80°F)
Light off : 22°C (71°F)

Air Circulation :
1x Mini USB fan

Fertilizers :
Biobizz Fish Mix (Started at week 2)
Biobizz Bloom
General Organics : Bio Root Plus (Started from germination)

Soil :
All pots (11L) contain BioBizz light mix on the top and Biobizz all mix at the bottom , with 1 inch (2-3cm) of clay balls at the bottom (Drainage) .

Here are some recent pics :

IMG_36854.jpg
IMG_36864.jpg
IMG_36844.jpg
IMG_36897.jpg
IMG_36876.jpg
IMG_36888.jpg

More light = better results i guess ?

I got a small harvest from my first grow so in order to improve i thought about the things that could have potentially been wrong .

a) Soil was too hot and my plants were always burning (Changed to lightmix this time and problem solved)
b) I went for the defoliation technique which could have been the result of a small harvest (Wont defoliate this time , im going for Scrog)
c) Light could have not been sufficient enough (Reason why i added another led light)

We'll see how things go in the end when it comes to harvest :Namaste:

subbed, your first grow looked really great; but I'm sure this one will blow it out of the water. I was already leaning towards a mars hydro light, now you have me convinced. Hopefully I can get an opinion from you if my plant is looking sad. You seemed to get down this whole growing thing real quick.

So here's a little update :

Thats the last time that i'll be using biobizz "AllMix" which burns my plants everytime . I actually mixed some "Allmix" with some "Lightmix" , it actually worked , it reduced the burns , but still burning a little . So ill be using the regular "LightMix" soil in my 3rd grow to be safe and that way i can really control what goes into the plants roots ...

Now lets get back to the present . The plants have started tu burn a little , aint no big deal , ive stopped giving them nutes , just water and Bio Root Plus ATM .

I need some of the pros advice about the "Scrog" method , one of the plants reached the net , so all i did was bend it and put it beneath the line . Is it done correctly ? Am i missing something ?

Here's a couple pictures i just took . The seed that germinated 1 week after the others seems to be growing really slow (Dont even know why) . But im just going to let it grow by itself for the moment .

IMG_38117.jpg
IMG_38124.jpg
IMG_38134.jpg
IMG_38158.jpg

4 weeks - Update :

I stopped giving nutes to the plants , and since then , i have not seen ONE single leaf burn . This basically justifies the fact the the Biobizz Allmix soil is indeed too hot for the plants .

Started the scrog method a while ago , ive been trying to create a flat surface over the net and everything seems to be working just fine .

A question i have is , do i need to cut those small branches below the net ? (See picture number 2)
If anyone could add something to this , anything like info , tips , etc .. id be more than grateful to read and apply since this is my first time doing the scrog and things are still a bit unclear .

Enjoy some pics :
IMG_391412.jpg
IMG_391510.jpg
IMG_39189.jpg
IMG_39166.jpg

This is my personal opinion, I'm on my first grow. Its best not to, but defoliating lightly shouldn't hurt. I say this because of some reading I've done. The following is by Ed Rosenthal. There's good logic on both sides. See which speaks to you. Also, a user here on 420 mag who goes by the name of Oldmeduser could offer you help. send him a PM

Ed Rosenthal's Marijuana Grower's Handbook

I actually read one of the threads on here about scrog , and after seeing the final result , i decided to try and do the same steps that were done in this thread Munki's Ebb n Flow 3 x 3 SCROG 400W HPS Grow

I think the trimmin is found on page 10 .

I did the exact same thing with the plants , hoping to get some better growth on the upper part .

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom