Science Guys - 1000W - Blackberry & OK Kush Autos

Surf420This

What's up :420:!!!!!! Took a break from the site for a grow and a half...Found myself caught up in unwanted drama. I apologize for abandoning my 1st journal. I was able to pull 17ozs dry. So it went very well and way more than I expected for my first grow. My second grow I switched my soil from Roots organic original to Roots organic Lite...my first 2 grows I did not adjust PH AT ALL. that screwed me in my second grow with the new soil. I was only able to pull 8 zips from that one and quality wasn't as good....and now I'm on my 3rd, and I'm back on here for more. Its an addiction lol This time I went and bought a BluLab PH pen...and wow what a difference. I'm attempting an autoflower grow because of time constraints and I also upgraded to a 1000w system with eye horti bulbs. This is what we got going

Journal started a tad late. Hit week 4 today...actually day 31.

Strain - Seeds: 3x Blackberry Kush Auto and 1x WestCoast OG Kush Auto....both are 9 week strains
# of Plants - 4
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - pre flower
Bucket Size - 5 Gallon
Lights - Started under 2 2ft T5s for first 2 weeks, now under 1000w HPS w/ Airoflo Aircooled Hood Reflector
Nutrients - Roots Organic Grow/Bloom
Medium - Roots Organic Original
PH - I adjust PH of each feed to 6.5
RH - 45% first 3.5 weeks, now I just switched to 34%
Room Temperature -Day (75-85 degrees) - Night (65-75degrees)
Room Square Footage - 4'x4'x7'

This is my first attempt at an autoflower grow. As stated above we are at day 31 today. I gave them their first nute feeding yesterday. Ive done very minor defol...and slightly tied a few braches back a little for better light. Please any insight on how ive done, what I need to do, and what to expect would be great. I'm kinda clueless on autos, all I know is you don't want to transplant or any type of topping...

20151018_213755.jpg

20151018_213941.jpg

20151018_213820.jpg

20151018_213831.jpg

20151018_213850.jpg

20151018_214006.jpg

20151018_214051.jpg

I also had an extra Dr Krippling's Incredible Bulk fem seed that I sprouted as well. had 3 weeks of veg in 1 gal pot then I transplanted to 5 gal the other day....she is now in flower.
20151018_213916.jpg

So please everyone if you have grown autos before, chime in and give me ANY info that can help. Thanks guys and I'm glad to be back

re: Science Guys - 1000W - Blackberry & OK Kush Autos

Looking good surf, I grew auto's before & they're pretty cool. You did good by not topping or transplanting. Just sit back & watch them grow...im sure they're gonna love the 1000w lol!
:thumb:

Looking good surf, I grew auto's before & they're pretty cool. You did good by not topping or transplanting. Just sit back & watch them grow...im sure they're gonna love the 1000w lol!
:thumb:

Thanks man! So far it's been pretty easy! I gotta question for you, at what week did you start feeding flower nutes?

Cloud 9? We're neighbours! :)

Looking great so far. :goodjob:

I quite like autos but found they're dangerous in hydro and I'm crap at soil so not sure when I'll run some more. Been smoking nothing but autos today though.....Greenhouse Seeds White Widow auto which has kept me chilled and happy all day at work and then a few of something that tastes really fruity and came out a ShortStuff Seeds mix pack. Might hit some Russian Rocket Fuel later....

Thanks man! So far it's been pretty easy! I gotta question for you, at what week did you start feeding flower nutes?

Hey surf you're only making it look easy bro :rofl: I started adding some nutes on day18 (from sprout), was only 1/8th strength to see how they would react. The second feeding was 1/4th & has been the same since.

Hahah....yes!

i like the green light pictures...can you get some close ups of the OG please, kind sir?

Subbed--

Welcome SolMJ....thanks. I will try and get some close ups when as soon as the light kicks on.

And thanks for the nute schedule input. I'm right on track then it seems.

Cloud 9? We're neighbours! :)

Looking great so far. :goodjob:

I quite like autos but found they're dangerous in hydro and I'm crap at soil so not sure when I'll run some more. Been smoking nothing but autos today though.....Greenhouse Seeds White Widow auto which has kept me chilled and happy all day at work and then a few of something that tastes really fruity and came out a ShortStuff Seeds mix pack. Might hit some Russian Rocket Fuel later....

Kushtie, howdy neighbor!!!! I am complete opposite. I'm no good at DWC. Seems to be too much maintenance! so far I'm impressed with these autos. we will see when I get to smoke some...and hopefully yield a decent amount. I'm a big fan of WW. very strong effect. I'm a couch lock kinda guy myself.

How do you like the 4x4x7 size tent

Are you on a timer?(lights/fans)
-

Love the tent! its actually a perfect size. I get more than enough for myself and others. until I get more experience under my belt, this size is perfect. I'm thinking after the new year I'm gonna get my basement set up for a much larger grow.

And yes my lights and fan are on a timer. I kept the autos on 18/6 for the first 3 weeks, then slowly brought it down to 14/10 when the ladies told me....the plants would show signs of wilting at around 16 hours of light and down to 14....so far they have been good since so ill just leave it at 14/10 for the remainder of the grow. As for my fans, the big exhaust fan kicks off when lights kick off but my smaller clip on fans stay on 24 hours for circulation.

Update Time : Day 33

So you asked for some close up pics, so here are some. Buds are growing nicely everyday. I'm very surprised on how well these autos are growing. I honestly didn't hear many good things about autos but I wanted to try for myself. So far I'm loving it. Getting ready to go out on a fishing trip tomorrow night through the weekend so ill feed all plants before I leave.

Havent tried this yet but I was thinking about adding some CFLs on the ground between my lovely ladies for more light down below. Not sure if its a good idea or waste of time. Also I have no idea what kind of CFL I would need to get and from where. Anyone got some ideas for me?

20151020_215532.jpg

20151018_214006.jpg

20151020_215407.jpg

20151020_215515.jpg

20151020_215439.jpg

20151020_215553.jpg

20151020_215609.jpg

20151020_215618.jpg

20151020_215631.jpg

20151020_215640.jpg

20151020_215659.jpg

Message_14399146958821.jpg

Just a pic of everything I'm using for this grow....beside the medium which is Roots Organic Original
20151020_215955.jpg

Lovin everything!

Can you tell me more about your ventilation system? Lol(I'm in the market)
- fan speed controller? Type of timer?digital

- you are packed inside that tent. I want to upgrade to that size as a flower garden. Having two different rooms.

Looking awesome in the tent. Makes me want to pop my OG seed so bad

Oh...forgot to mention I tied the main branches out a little to allow light penetration deeper. I barely bent the branches making sure not to stress the plant. I know autos are finicky bitches so I was curious if I should have done that?? Guess I should have asked beforehand lol Thanks in advance 420

Lovin everything!

Can you tell me more about your ventilation system? Lol(I'm in the market)
- fan speed controller? Type of timer?digital

- you are packed inside that tent. I want to upgrade to that size as a flower garden. Having two different rooms.

Looking awesome in the tent. Makes me want to pop my OG seed so bad

So what I have is a 6" high velocity inline fan (exhaust fan) rated at 424cfms and a tall boy activated carbon filter. So my setup is as follows: Carbon filter--->ducting--->Aircooled hood reflector--->ducting--->exhaust fan--->ducting---->outside

sorry its sideways
20150306_210424.jpg

I have a dual outlet mechanical timer switch for my light and exhaust fan...and I use a variable speed controller to control the speed of my exhaust fan.

Hey surf your ladies are doing great. I would certainly add CFLs at the bottom if possible, I did that the other day & according to my light meter it makes a pleasant difference, not much but I think it would certainly help. Looking at your canopy there doesn't seem to be much space on the ground for anything bigger than the 40w range.

The good thing is that the most efficient cfl's (lumens/watt ratio) are the 40w ranged ones I think, so see if you can fit some of those in the center &/or sides. The bigger cfl's might travel a little further but you don't have space it seems & you don't wanna burn the leaves either...the 40w ones might be small enough to sit underneath the lowest leaves without touching them, if not then im sure the 27w or so will. Also get the 'soft white' i.e. 2700k CFLs as they're better suited for bloom. But I would certainly look into this mate...the plants will thank you for it in ways you can only imagine lol! :grinjoint:

Kushtie, howdy neighbor!!!! I am complete opposite. I'm no good at DWC. Seems to be too much maintenance! so far I'm impressed with these autos. we will see when I get to smoke some...and hopefully yield a decent amount. I'm a big fan of WW. very strong effect. I'm a couch lock kinda guy myself.

Never tried DWC but NFT seems to be pretty easy.....follow instructions on Ionic Hydro bottles and leave pumps running seems to be working well for me.

Great looking garden and setup anyway:goodjob:

UPDATE TIME: DAY 39

Just got back from my AMAZING fishing trip. And man oh man have these ladies grown some serious size! Gave them all a big feeding today. looking great! The Blackberry Kush plants are looking amazing! The colas are getting massive and I'm guessing I still have 4 weeks or so left. Not much frost or smell just yet...soon to come. also the fan leaves are starting to change colors...seeing some purple and red starting on my fan leaves. This blackberry Kush is going to be so colorful!!! The OG Kush hasn't grown too much. I noticed her leaves are starting to curl upwards a tad with either mild yellowing tips or just a light green. hard to tell. I'm also seeing what looks like some "rusty" leaves. I'm not seeing any pests of any kind with the scope. I'm feeding the girls at ph of 6.5. Also added 2 Table spoons of dolomite lime per each 5 gal pot last week. Anyone have any ideas??

20151026_190923.jpg

20151026_191116.jpg

20151026_191058.jpg

20151026_191130.jpg

20151026_191135.jpg

20151026_191124.jpg

20151026_191144.jpg

20151026_191046.jpg

20151026_191223.jpg

20151026_191207.jpg

20151026_191214.jpg

20151026_191038.jpg

20151026_191022.jpg

Looking awesome surf well done. The curling upwards looks like a mild case of heat stress, I get that all the time with one my c99's but doesn't seem to affect it...just keep an eye out so that it doesn't get worse.

Looking awesome surf well done. The curling upwards looks like a mild case of heat stress, I get that all the time with one my c99's but doesn't seem to affect it...just keep an eye out so that it doesn't get worse.

Thanks man. That May just be my issue. My temps get up to 85 sometimes. I'll try raising the light some and see if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom