First Sativa - Mussh - Coco Hempy - LED - Modified Lucas

mussh

What strain is it?
Golden Goat X Bob Marley

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
It is supposed to be a sativa dominate hybrid. 80/20

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
Veg. It was born Oct. 1 2015

Indoor or outdoor?
Indoor.

Soil or Hydro?
I will be using Coco and perlite. 80/20.

What size pot?
I will be using a five gallon Hempy bucket.

Size of light?
I will be using a 700 watt marsII Led. If it is needed I have 350-700 more led watts I can add.

Is it aircooled?
Yes.

Temp of Room/cab?
Room. Constant temperature 68-78 degrees.

RH of Room/cab?
Low humidity.

PH of media or res?
PH will be between 5.5 and 6.0

Any Pests ?
I had a spider mite attack at the end of my last grow. I cleaned the grow room completely. threw away the affected plants. I have spiked the top six inches of my medium with diatomaceous earth. I also have some neem oil if they come back.

How often are you watering?
I will water as the plant asks. Usually 2-3 times a week.

Type and strength of ferts used?
I will be using a slightly modified Lucas formula. Strength will be dictated by the plants needs.

Hi everyone and welcome to my first "real" attempt at a sativa. This is going to be a learning process for myself and hopefully you. I have been lucky enough to successfully grow indica dominant plants, but every sativa I have tried has not made it past the infant stage. I was gifted three of the g.g.xmarley beans. Two of them germed. Only one made it past one week of seedling.
That one has made it to the five gallon hempy bucket.
I am going to try to make this one work.
The plant is 24 days old. It is very lime green. Its stem and branching is red. I have never seen red branching before. It has no side branching at this point, but I read that most of the action occurs on the main cola. So I wont be topping it. I also do not defol unless it ABSOLUTLEY MUST be done.
I have already noticed a cal/mag and nitrogen deficiency and have adjusted feeding. The older growth will show yellowing from it.

Ok enough of my rambling, here are some pictures.

g1_-_Copy.jpg

g2_-_Copy.jpg

g3_-_Copy.jpg

This is a small shot of the grow area.
g4_-_Copy.jpg

The small plant next to the g.g. is a runt from my last rhino grow. I decided to try to re-veg it. the rhino was a fine smoke and it would be worth having again. I topped the runts tiny main cola and tossed it to the side. Im hoping it will re-veg from the three remaining flowers. I fed it and the g.g. 700 ppm of maxigrow, 2ml of cal/mag and 2ml of hydrogaurd.

Lets see what happens.

:edit:

Actual footage of the runt rhino main cola.

natnug_-_Copy.jpg

Looking forward to this one mussh, im sure you'll make it past the infant stage with this sativa. Since your only growing one (hopefully the runt will grow) how long you vegging for?
:Namaste:

nice love to see how the re veg is going im in

yeay first page xD

welcome!
this is my first attempt at a re-veg. im hoping to get at least one or two shoots. then im thinking I will cut them and grow them as clones. get another mother and it's off to the races.

Looking forward to this one mussh, im sure you'll make it past the infant stage with this sativa. Since your only growing one (hopefully the runt will grow) how long you vegging for?

welcome my friend.
I always start with one but then I start cloning and playing with them and end up with ten plants by the third month. im hoping this shows me good genetics. it looks so fragile to me. maybe im just used to the heartiness of the indica. the rhino was a little tree by the third week. this..... not so much. but it reminds me of the blue dream. that thing looked so weak. but it changed when it went into flower. it formed impressive buds. so im hoping this might be the same scenario.

once again, thanks for watching. your opinion is appreciated.

Good point mussh, that's what I would like to start doing at some point...grow two different strains then take clones from them but I never have a 5 month window of opportunity to do so. One day maybe, for now I'll just learn from the best lol!!

I just noticed the vegging part of your question.
I will probably let it veg until it is about 15" tall. Then do a 12/12 flip. Or I might wait until I have four decent lower side branches to use for clones. Then I would give the plant a week healing period before going to 12/12. At its current pace, I would say at least a month more veg.

I only have my indica experience to reflect from and this is a completely different beast. It has me worried right now. It looks like its yellowing. The new growth is a brilliant lime green. Im just going to ride it out and try not to micro manage myself.

subbed, very interested in the hempy setup and the reveg as well! :Namaste:

welcome stillanoob.

I have had great success with the hempy style growing technique. it is the simplest form of hydroponics and I have gotten fantastic results. check my rhino grow and see for yourself.

this is my first attempt at a reveg and it is looking great so far.

Day 33

Is the nute to hot or to cold?
So I had one of those weeks. We left off last week with a fairly good feeding of 700 ppm. The re-veg rhino ate it right up. The g.g. had issues with it being that hot. I had to give it a small flush, waited four days and then fed it 400ppm. I think I have it right for now. It is either very nitrogen sensitive or just young. Maybe both.

It has had good growth. It has just about doubled in size. By this time with my rhino I already had four clones, rooted and I was contemplating switching big momma to 12/12 (which I did four days later). The g.g. is not even close. I am happy with the node spacing. Very close nodes. Its side branching is small, but I will be able to get shoots with in the next couple weeks. Old growth shows my lack of experience, while new growth looks healthy and green.

Im guessing it to be closer to 50/50 sativa/ indica. The node spacing and leaf structure makes me think this.

Pics,

veg_-_Copy.jpg

veg1_-_Copy.jpg

Here is the re-veg rhino. I did my best to capture the new growth. if you look closely, almost dead center in the photo, a new shoot is forming. It looks like a tap root starting.

re_-_Copy.jpg

Hope everyone is healthy and happy.

Day 33

Is the nute to hot or to cold?
So I had one of those weeks. We left off last week with a fairly good feeding of 700 ppm. The re-veg rhino ate it right up. The g.g. had issues with it being that hot. I had to give it a small flush, waited four days and then fed it 400ppm. I think I have it right for now. It is either very nitrogen sensitive or just young. Maybe both.

It has had good growth. It has just about doubled in size. By this time with my rhino I already had four clones, rooted and I was contemplating switching big momma to 12/12 (which I did four days later). The g.g. is not even close. I am happy with the node spacing. Very close nodes. Its side branching is small, but I will be able to get shoots with in the next couple weeks. Old growth shows my lack of experience, while new growth looks healthy and green.

Im guessing it to be closer to 50/50 sativa/ indica. The node spacing and leaf structure makes me think this.

Pics,

veg_-_Copy.jpg

veg1_-_Copy.jpg

Here is the re-veg rhino. I did my best to capture the new growth. if you look closely, almost dead center in the photo, a new shoot is forming. It looks like a tap root starting.

re_-_Copy.jpg

Hope everyone is healthy and happy.

Dont worry too much Mussh...they look good! The re-veg will start out very slowly and once you start to see some serated leaves form (usually single bladed leaves first)itwill then begin to pick up speed very quickly! I have a few re-veg from my last run with "fire o.g." "holy grail O.G." and "Herijuana" and they are all almost ready to flower again after 6 weeks of new veg time! I'm subbed and will be watching this one with much interest! Good growing buddy! Keep up the good work! Sparks

Also- I fed my re-veg clones regular cloning solution for the first couple of weeks then went with some cal-mag+ and my base nutes til that growth spurt begins to happen. Then hit with what ever you feel comfortable throwing at it!

Dont worry too much Mussh...they look good! The re-veg will start out very slowly and once you start to see some serated leaves form (usually single bladed leaves first)itwill then begin to pick up speed very quickly! I have a few re-veg from my last run with "fire o.g." "holy grail O.G." and "Herijuana" and they are all almost ready to flower again after 6 weeks of new veg time! I'm subbed and will be watching this one with much interest! Good growing buddy! Keep up the good work! Sparks

Also- I fed my re-veg clones regular cloning solution for the first couple of weeks then went with some cal-mag+ and my base nutes til that growth spurt begins to happen. Then hit with what ever you feel comfortable throwing at it!

welcome big sparks!

thank you for your words of encouragement. the rhino re-veg is doing amazing things. I see four shoots forming. what an amazing phenol. the rhino will be back up and running. im glad I didn't toss that runt when I considered it a failure.

the g.g. is slow growing. the yellowing leaves are throwing me off. I looked up a few other g.g. grows and noticed that those plants were also showing a yellowish/lime green. one grower noted that though the leaves were yellow, they still had plenty of bounce and were firm. that's how mine are. I will keep on keeping on.

pictures tomorrow.

thanks for tagging along.

Dude, I didn't even realize you had this new project going on... +sub for sure!

Those dark red stems are crazy -- I haven't see that much red before. Although my hurricane's do have some reddish color, it's not nearly as defined as yours.

welcome cogreen and thank you for tagging along.

your opinion is also encouraged and appreciated. the g.g. is making me a wreck. when I see yellowing I automatically think something is askew. maybe it was so red because I was killing it? hahahahaha. I looked at a couple other grows and saw reddish stems and branches. it appears it might grow out of this. but not the yellow. im guessing there is a reason it is called GOLDEN goat.

:thumb:

Day 18 of runt rhino re-veg

or maybe I should just call it, Re-veg of the Rhino.

anyways........

a lot has happened in the last seven days. look,

000_-_Copy.jpg

00_-_Copy.jpg

0_-_Copy.jpg

it looks like I will have quite a few shoots to clone from. what an amazing plant. it wants to live. I would not be surprised if the clones I get out grow the g.g.

wow

Day 40 g.g.

I have have a decent week with the g.g.
I have decided to call it Lucy. "you got some s'plaining to do Lucy!"
I have come to accept the yellowing and lime green growth. The leaves are firm and bouncy despite color.
I would like to add that I don't de-fol, but my cat does. he got in the room and went right for the g.g. he trimmed a few of the largest leaves and got a little of the new growth.

Lucy,

0002_-_Copy.jpg

002_-_Copy4.jpg
]

02_-_Copy.jpg

01_-_Copy.jpg

001_-_Copy2.jpg

new growth looks great. she is a grower not a shower. well not yet. side branch is losing the redness and the leaves are taking on more of a sativa look.

hope everyone is doing well.

intresting stuff, subbed for sure :cool:

So you think that yellowing is just part of the strain?? Man that would throw me off... I'd be thinking something's wrong all the time :)

at this point I am convinced that the yellowing is just part of this plants genetic makeup. when I first saw the yellowing I thought that I needed more N. so I upped my N and my total ppm was 700. I would consider that a mild feeding for a plant a month old. Lucy didn't like 700 ppm. I saw nute burn on the tips of the leaves. to hot. 700 ppm!!?? to hot!!?? yep to hot. flushed and brought it back down to 500 ppm. new growth looks great. the leaves start to yellow about a week into life. they feel healthy. waxy and firm. but yellow.

I have a feeling Lucy has some tricks up her sleeve.

Back
Top Bottom