Mello's Mystery Seed Party Cups Grow - 2nd Grow

Mello136

All in 18 oz party cups. Unknown bag seed. 8 23w cfl's (4 2700k, 4 5000k) 2 T5 6500k. Total watts = 240 Total Lumens = 18300. They are in germ right now, I will post pics as soon as they are ready for soil.

I had a few questions:

1: Would it be ok to do 16/8 first 2 weeks, 14/10 second two weeks, 12/12 for rest of flower?
2: Is 2 months too fast for a harvest?
3: Do I need more power? (remember they are staying in solo cups through and through, also, I want to keep at least 4 plants)
4: For flowering, should I add more 2700k's or is a half and half mix fine?

I put 14 bag seeds in a cup of water and 48 hours later only about 3 cracked open but they all sank to the bottom. I usually do both the cup and the paper towel methods for germ, especially for bag seeds. I put all 14 in the open zip lock bag with the damp paper towel this morning. Just a quick update and a bump for the thread.

Hi Mello!!

2 months is about the average flowering time. 8-10 weeks.

You will need a few more lights for flower but for now you're fine.

I look forward to seeing you strut your stuff!

Thanks! Wait.... doesn't it depend on the size of the plant? They are staying in 18 oz party cups. I figured 2 months for veg and flower.

Well in all honest, you could skip the veg process all together and go straight to 12 and 12 the plant will just be smaller.

So you could veg her for as long or as little as you like and you'll get product. The flowering process will still take anywhere between 6-10 weeks. So, if you want a 2 month life span of the plant. You'd have to switch the light cycle to 12 and 12 immediately.

My experience would tell me that you'd need at least 3 months to do the whole process.. Regardless of size. But maybe I'm wrong.

I'm experimenting with this one. I want to try to grow about 4 party cup plants at a time and see what the harvest would look like. Didn't 420Mag have a party cup contest or am I thinking of a different site?

I'm experimenting with this one. I want to try to grow about 4 party cup plants at a time and see what the harvest would look like. Didn't 420Mag have a party cup contest or am I thinking of a different site?

I've never seen that contest on this site. Can't speak for others as I only ever used :420: I'm here for the duration

Last time I grew a male in a Tidy cats bucket. I was upset of course but glad I made it that far. I feel a more uniform solo cup grow would be much easier to do. I wish it was LED but I have to go CFL and T5 for now. For the 3rd grow I might do a DWC party cup grow. For this one though, I went with a local dirt. It has sphagnum peat, various forest products, coir, yucca, and some worms. I'm going with FF Trio adding egg shells for cal-mag and unsulfured blackstrap. Thinking of honey but I'm not sure, any takes on it? Also, will still need perlite for this?

I'll be posting some up in a few. I just planted 2 that had tap roots. I just turned on 2 cfls, one for each.

IMG_78763.JPG

Here we are with the runners up. Ignore the tidy cups bucket. It's from a past grow.

A couple more tap roots showing. I'm going to give them about 12 more hours for some length and tomorrow I plant them.

Good morning 420'ers!

I planted 2 more seeds. Total of 4. I grouped them together as well as the lights. I've got 2 23w cfl 1600 lumens each about 6 inches from the cups. Zip lock bags for humidity. I ordered some GH Flora series nutes last night, I also got calmag, armor si, and bioroots. Will be here in about a week.

Thanks guys, glad you could join. All that smoke is making our eyes weak.

Back
Top Bottom