Barbara Bud - CFL - Soil - Tent Grow

EventHorizon

So my friend bought some seeds and they ended up giving him a few free seeds of Barbara Bud to try out. Long story short he gave me a seed to try out in my CFL tent.

I guess it's named after an ex-CBC television/radio reporter.

20150918_141306.jpg

This is what I'll be running for a vegging setup in my Quictent Diamond Mylar grow tent...

1 x 100w 6500K
3 x 26w 6500K
1 x 50w 5500K
1 x 23w 2700K

As you can see, I have a nice mixed spectrum to veg with... my focus being on 6500K.

20151106_224832_1_.jpg

This is the one seed I have, so hopefully it grows. Even if it turns male I'll be growing it out and harvesting the pollen to eventually breed my own seeds.

Thanks for following and be sure to say high :p ! :welcome:

20151108_210930_1_.jpg

My Barbara Bud seed cracked open tonight. I'll leave it germinating for another 2-3 days before transplanting it a pot of unknown soil that my friend gave me. I'll probably end up transplanting on Remembrance Day (Veterans Day).

I ended up planting the germinated Barbara Bud seed into unknown soil. I set up my lights to run on a 20/4 schedule since my apartment gets quite cold in the early hours going into winter. It actually snowed the first time this year today...

My lights will be turned off from 8:00PM to 12:00AM and run from 12:01AM to 7:59PM. That way the plant should stay nice and warm and still get a dark period.

000114.jpg

Today is veg day 1.... sorry about the poor quality pic, but I'm stuck taking photos off my phone until I get my tablet back out of the pawn shop at the end of the month. So far it seems like it's going to survive.

000212.jpg

I noticed today that the starter leaves have fattened out a lot so the plant seems to be healthy. The next node sites should be appearing within the next few days.

000310.jpg

Today is veg day 5... the next node site is just appearing now, however I wasn't able to get a good pic of it yet.

The plant is minorly stunted. I left the lights off for about a day and a half in the last 3 days. I'm not too worried though being so early in the growth cycle. I'm going to leave the lights on for a 24 hours tonight then switch back to a 20/4 cycle tomorrow.

You should leave lights on steady cycle keep it there so you don't risk stress at all 18/6 works really well unless it's auto strain

Hmmm... yeah I ended up going with a 18/6 schedule like I did with my other plants and got pretty good results with those.

00044.jpg

It's veg day 6 today and the 2nd node is now clearly visible.

dualspec.jpg

Next week I'm going to be ordering this bulb for about $95 Canadian... it's a 4U Dual Spectrum (6500K / 2700K) Mini Lotus 125w E26 Sun God Komee CFL.

I currently have a 2100K Mini Lotus 125w CFL that I'll be using for flowering.... but this new bulb will be used for both veg and flower. I'll be removing one of my 23w 2700K's and using the new 125w 6500K/2700K.

.::1 WEEK AGO::.
000114.jpg

.::TODAY::.
000115.jpg

Well today is veg week 1 (day 8) and this is the progress it has been showing so far. I might start it on nutes in a week or so.

Looking good. I hope the soil is just that wet because you have just watered in each photo?

haha.. good eye! Yeah it's just from watering before each pic.

that mini lotus looks pretty cool man

yeah i know right.. 9500 lumen. I don't think I'll be able to afford it until around christmas though.

index9.jpg

I just topped it today... I probably should have waited an extra half a week but meh, it seemed right.

20151127_162235.jpg

I got my tablet back from the pawn shop the other day so I have higher quality photos again now.. here's 1 day of growth after being topped and a couple fan leaves removed.

I ended up ordering that bulb for $98.56 Canadian (with shipping already included). I should have it within 2 weeks.

dualspec.jpg

$100 holy shit how many watts and what 9500 lumen :O should of went with a normal 200w cfl or a small mars hydro led reflector series

Mars Hydro

personally I got a 300w mixed spectrum cfl with a basic reflector and i was actually thinking of switching to a LED alot of the light will be wasted on that bulb unless you can figure out how to grow a tinnnnnyyyyyyyy one right in the middle most of the light will lose all effectiveness before hitting the plant

I was going to order a 900w Mars II Hydro for Christmas or something... but I want to do a comparison to a 400w CFL because in my last experiment I did a 78w CFL vs 90w UFO (when UFO was the hype) and the CFL simply out performed it at lower wattage.

I can't find any mixted spectrum CFLs that aren't Sun God Komee which are around $100 each to get the bulb shipped here... $50 alone goes into shipping it from Ohio.

Makes me wanna wholesale the bulbs in Canada...

20151129_155352.jpg

20151129_155458.jpg

I trimmed up my plant a bit by "fimming" the top nodes main leaf sticking out so that the lower nodes get some light happening on them.

I think I'm going to attempt to clone the plant twice at 4-5 weeks veg to get maximum results from my seed. I've never successfully cloned before but I have gotten it to root a few times before, just never went through with growing it. I just use clear freezer bowls under constant dampening for a week as a humidity dome.

lol, the first time I ever tried cloning... I fimmed a leaf and stuck the leaf under a wet bowl trying to get the leaves to turn into branches... >.<' I was like.. "wtf something is missing..."

20151130_130759_1_.jpg

Day 19... I'm still kind of debating back and forth about if I should clone or not. I kind of want to get max results out of my plant (male or female) and I can always get more seeds. I heard cloning you loose plant genetics.. what do you guys think?

Back
Top Bottom