GHS WW & WRhino by Flyfishinrock

flyfishinrock

What strain is it? Fem. White Widow (2 seeds) & Fem. White Rhino (3 seeds)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Both Highbreds
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Started from seed
Indoor or outdoor? Indoors
Soil or Hydro? Hydro
Size of light? room dependant (i will be moving between two rooms till harvest in a few days then it will be a 1000 hps, or 400hps and 400 mh)
Is it aircooled? nope
Temp of Room/cab? 77f at plant height
RH of Room/cab? 54% rel humidity
PH of media or res? media for seeds=peat pellets will then be put into 4x4x4 rockwool cube then set into 2x4 trey with hydroton. PH 5-6 (shooting for 5.4-5.6)
Any Pests ? not for almost a year (why i changed from dirt)
How often are you watering? none yet
Type and strength of ferts used? none yet

so those are the specs thus far...............

On October 13th. I ordered a fem "black and white" 5 pack (2 ww & 3 wr) by Green House Seeds, from seedbay. cost $30 + $5 s&h + .97 for international stamp =$35.97

Received them at 5:00 pm October 27th. Started a twelve hour seed soak at 6:30 pm in a room temp cupboard with tap water set out overnight. :grinjoint:

At 7:00 am all seeds had swollen and cracked their shell, :whoa: I then soaked a few napkins with h2o and set the seeds between layers, covered, and placed them back into cupboard.

At 4:00 I checked them and all had their root out so I transplanted into peat pots again no nutes just h2o.

Thats where I'm at right now

00333.JPG

004_-_Copy.JPG

00528.JPG

00627.JPG

I'm in the process of changing my flower room from the closet you see which is 30" deep by 44" wide to a Hydrofarm tent with a footprint of 4'6" square which has been up and running at half capasity for 3 1/2 weeks. The tent is in the place my old veg "room" was at so right now as space is limited I'm doing the 12 hour shuffle for veg..........what a drag. lol The plants on the left are getting flushed as we "speak" and will be down soooooon; a touch early but still better than whats on the market; its SS Haze 8 weeks in flower could use one more week but.....I need the veg room NOW!!

Now why would you go and do that, all that time, effort and love you gave them and then you snatch them early. You can veg a plant anywhere, it's not like you need complete darkness...Get creative and find a spot so you can get that important last week of flowering. I always thought the hazes were mork like 10-11 weeks... :peace:

Thanks for the input Be Irie :passitleft:
during this run i was hit with a bad powdery mildew outbreak, unfortunately i didn't discover hydrogen peroxide in time, as a friend had already recommended saturating with baking soda/h2o mixture. Read up on it and it sounded good, common sense should have told me the outcome. Everywhere i couldn't reach to clean up is caked with soda, and even the places i could are covered with a film that need more cleaning. Its nasty and in my opinion unsatisfactory, I want to get the mess cleaned up with some diluted bleach/H2O then again with plain water. Cant have molds, and cant do that with plants of any size in there. Gotta do something with the trey of Grape Ape clones I have though.:ganjamon:

I would love to wait and haven't made up my mind yet, as I know you are totally right. I do have the old veg room (cloth wardrobe from lowes) occupying a chunk of my kitchen floor (only place with ANY room) guess i could always plug in a couple florescent s............hmmmm

Alot of hazes are longer, these I let go for nearly 10 weeks the first time and were a bit over matured, since then i got a 60-100X scope and let the tricomes tell me when, usually flush at 8wks then 1/3 to half are amber a few days later gets the ax. I have a Thai Haze/ original Skunk #1 that takes a full 16 weeks and some a bit longer (ouch); I grew those just for a male (donated fems to a friend) for an attempt at crossing with some sharriff seeds in the near future.
better smoke on that :bong:

No real news today, just waiting for the lil ladies to sprout....zzzzz
Not gonna pull the SSH early, thanks Be Irie :grinjoint: what the hell, its just a week. Guess I was just getting lazy. I am thinking this grow will be Gen Hydroponics for fert as I have experiance with them and I'm sort of disgusted with FF, just not working like I had hoped (whats up with the sand and shell chunks?). lol
gonna go cruise the journals and see what others are doing. :peace:

howdy Rock, im gunna be keepin my eye open for this one, i love GHS grows :] mine was himalaya gold. and now were going with big bang and trainwreck.

also why didnt u like the FF? i no longer am using them either, but i will be honest, they were easy to use and showed good veg and flowering. but im no longer with FF anymore either. using botanicare now.

well good luck, and cheers. vague

thanks vague, thinking bout trying all three you mentioned. Phasing out the SSH as I need a lil variety in my diet!!
Cant say enough about GHS. I hear alot of bitchin about them but i dont care, good salesmen & excellent seeds= haters. :yummy:

If you look in the forum about probs, pests etc.. I posted my rant about FF, I just feel like its killin my plants. They never looked the way they do now, one deficiency after another. The sand and ground up shells were the last straw, this was a test and either it or i failed; probably both. I have too much invested to be running sand through my pumps though . I have used GH extensively and was just looking for something.......different. The only problems I have had with GH is having to add cal-mag as a supplement which is no big deal, and getting too stoned and accidentally following the directions on the bottle and over ferting lol. I do fine if I use the online nute calculator and plug in the specs for a 12gal res , but add those nutes to a 15 gal res so its not as strong.

Onto a happier subject, sprouting beans.
:tommy:
two popped out of the peat pellets today, one of each. Three more to go to bat a 1000.

Just a quick update, as theres not alot happening at the moment. Still working on the WR's sprouting, I can see two of the three but theyre on their own schedule, not mine. :thedoubletake:
The second WW had a problem with the shell binding the leaves up, I eventually removed it but it wasnt easy :thedoubletake: . The 1st WW is doing pretty good, I moved it into 1/4 strength nut. rockwool last night, wont be wetting it again until tomorrow or when it feels dryish.
Set-up my lil veg room in the kitchen!! lol As I was peer pressured into waiting to harvest. :ganjamon:
heres a few pics, nuthin too special, yet :grinjoint:
full

day 5
full

their home for a bit

thanks for looking and as always advice is welcome.........:peace:

Hi there Flyfishinrock.
Looking good mate,i wish you all the best with your grow and im looking forward to following it :smokin:
reagards..Creamm.

Hiya Creamm, thanks for posting:passitleft:
This may be a bit off the subject but it will eventually affect these seeds so I'm adding it to this post.
The wait is killing me, so Ive been tinkering with the rooms. :smokin:

After the great lamp burn of 2008, which was followed by the nute def heard around the world; I decided I needed to do a little fine tuning. I started with a little lamp swap. I pulled the new 1000hps out completely as I just dont have the overhead height right now, but that's a changin. For the time being I have a 400hps in my tent and a 400mh in the grow closet. After a ton of searching I finally found a lamp diffuser for my 1000 watter:

Product Profile:

HLLALDEQ_100.jpg

The Equalizer Diffuser - 1000W HPS

Your Price: $27.95

Item Code: HLLALDEQ1WS
Weight: 0.50LB
Brand: Sun System
Manufacturer: Sunlight Supply
Stock: 8
Category: Grow Light Accessories

Description

The Equalizer - Hot Spot Diffuser

Simply slide this unique product over a mugul base socket on most horizontal burning reflectors to filter & disperse the intense "hot spot" of light directly under an HID lamp.
With the hot spot diffused, you can hang reflectors closer to the plant canopy while reducing the risk of burning the plants directly under the lamp.
The revolutionary shape, size and hole patterns were designed using the latest lighting development software.
The Equalizer will aid in improving the uniformity of your fixture by reducing the hot spot below the lamp.
FIXTURES THAT WILL ACCEPT THE EQUALIZER: MH/HPS: Cool Sun, Cool Sun XL, Econocool, Super Sun® 2, Cool Breeze 6, Cool Breeze 8, Econowing & Maximizer®,. HPS ONLY: Large Horizontal, Super Spectrum & Yield Master 6inch.

FIXTURES THAT WILL NOT ACCEPT THE EQUALIZER: Super Sun®, SunGro, Yield Master 4inch, Yield Master 6inch MH, Econo GroV & Lumenmax.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

YEA!!
I cant wait for this to get here, now that I'm getting my nutes issue ironed out I can enjoy the garden again :yummy:

Hi again mr Fish,i was just chuckleing to myself as i was thinking along simlar lines, i have two grows going and there both under 600w HPS for the flowering but i seem to be able to get the light down to nearly 12 inches above the plants with no burning as yet,my reason though for buying the heat shields is that im kinda thinking if the light/heat is more evenly distrubuted the canapy should be more even and as im limiting the said 2 grows to 1 light per room it might make it easyier to controle as i wont have other lights i can drop down on the slower growing ones.Anyways i have a small pic of the heat shield/deflector im talking about .
0333.JPG

Best regards...Creamm :smokin:

Picked up the Diffuser and its sweet!! I cant believe how even the light is distributed now; I held my hand under it for about a minute at 13 inches and it wasn't hot. So needless to say the 1000 is back in the tent and glowing strong.

On a topic more specific to this thread, the two WW seeds are progressing; another week or so and they should have their feeder roots and growing strong. :clap:
002_-_Copy1.JPG

003_-_Copy_2_2.JPG

On the flip-side of the coin are the White Rhinos, their not doing so hot :thedoubletake:. Either i put one in upside down :roorrip: or it did a summer salt; either way it was growing upside down when i peeked. :thedoubletake: another only made it to the surface, no leaves yet, been three days or so. :hmmmm: The best one started to stand up but then decided it didn't wanna do that, its just kneeling down taking a break. Been a long break though, about four days. :snooze:
001_-_Copy1.JPG

you win some, you lose some i guess......:straightface:

I do have a back up plan though, and its now begun.

004_-_Copy_11_.JPG

we'll see what happens though, I'm not throwing out anything yet. :yummy:

thanks for looking:allgood:

YouTube - I'll Never Smoke Weed With Willie Again

A little something to listen to.
Well it appears the White Rhino took a dump on me:yikes:
They just aren't growing, I'll give em another day, but not expecting anything.
This thread may get renamed to the WW and Mazar_I-Sharif grow. :(
The Mazar I had planed on breeding to a male Thai Haze x Skunk #1, still might if the sexing and timing works out. I am rooting the 5 seeds in rockwool this time, as I've never tried this I'm curious to how well it works. I usually put them into the expanding peat pellets. Wish me luck.
More to come stay tuned. :laughtwo:
:peace:

alright, 2of the sharif have come out of the cubes, so they are as of now taking over the WR's place in this thread. They are officially extinct. These babies are moving along quickly, hopefully i don't love them to death!! If/when a male shows I will let it run its coarse so I have some pollen for the future and seeds for outdoors.

Hello everyone, got an update for ya.
For the transplanting I've been soaking the rockwool for half an hour in ph 5.5 tap water, "wringing" them out then soaking for another 30 minutes in 5.5 ph 1/4 tsp. per gal gen. Hyd. nutreints and "wringing" them out again.
WW#1 is doing pretty well, seems like a new set of leaves every day.
ww1_day_10.JPG

ww2_day_4.JPG

heres the Mazar-I-Sharif
Mazar-I-Sarif1_2_day_1.JPG

quick overview of the seed chamber

seed_chamber.JPG

buddy came by gotta go:passitleft:

thank for lookin

Back
Top Bottom