Come watch my pot grow

night_neo

400 watt hps light on 24/7. The light is about 1.5 feet from the plants
plants grew up good on some time release soil which was JUST replaced with garden magic top soil.
tap water ph level corrected to 6
a constant fan blowing
Temp stays around 75F
Humidity 50%

Here is a week old pic of my closet grow room
l5.jpg

kk.jpg

k5.jpg

put 1/4 strength of the nutes(bottle in the middle) in with the water.

Fox_Farm_Nutrients.jpg

Yesterday they looked better. There had brown spots on the lower leaves and yellow on the other. Some leaves curled on other plants but this plant isn't drooping like it has the past 3 days.

k22.jpg

k11.jpg

Ok so after 2 days and that small dose of nutes with that watering, the plants have gotten bigger.

Plant 1.
l11.jpg

l41.jpg

l51.jpg

l13.jpg

Then we have 10 Smaller plants including these five. Look at that one on the bottom right. Why does it look so much different? It was one of the seeds that came from one bag.
l91.jpg

l8.jpg

l6.jpg

God looking grow now that there healthy again. Good luck man and nice to see you moved into the grow room with this. I look forward to seeing the rest of your grow. :grinjoint:

hello there Night_neo
I was just currius as to the 5 plants in 1 pot m8 as in what you intend to do with them as im sure you dont want 5 plants growing together in 1 pot.
Good luck with the grow :peace:
regards..Creamm.

hello there Night_neo
I was just currius as to the 5 plants in 1 pot m8 as in what you intend to do with them as im sure you dont want 5 plants growing together in 1 pot.
Good luck with the grow :peace:
regards..Creamm.

I'm planning on some of the plants that are in their own pot are going to be males, and i was hoping that some of those 5 plants might be females. They are more or less just back up plants. They will just stay in there until I determine the sex of each plant.

Do you see that sixth plant at the bottom right of that pot?? It looks WAY different than all the other plants.

Its going to be a pain in the ass digging them up when all there roots have grown together later along the road when there to big for that pot m8 if im not mistaken :peace:

so that meens youl be switching to a 12/12 light cycle soon to induce flowering? so thats approx 7-10 days after that till you can sex them no? i just think youl have problems doing that with those 5 so close together in one pot friend,hopefully someone with more experience then me might add some comments for you.
Cream.

so that meens youl be switching to a 12/12 light cycle soon to induce flowering? so thats approx 7-10 days after that till you can sex them no? i just think youl have problems doing that with those 5 so close together in one pot friend,hopefully someone with more experience then me might add some comments for you.
Cream.

Thanks for your advice creamm. Ill take those plants out today and put them in large cups for now.

Yeah the ladys could really use more room. And i took a look at your post about the lights. You may want to think about getting a mh or cfl's for veg and the hps for flowering there are alot of people that use cfl's to grow and then switch to a hps for the flowering stage. Keep us posted man. :yummy:

Yeah the ladys could really use more room. And i took a look at your post about the lights. You may want to think about getting a mh or cfl's for veg and the hps for flowering there are alot of people that use cfl's to grow and then switch to a hps for the flowering stage. Keep us posted man. :yummy:

Up until 2 weeks ago, The plants started out on 5-100 watt equivalent cfl's that had reflectors(ill try to find a pic of that setup) But once the hps light came in the mail, i figured the hps would be better than the cfl's. Am I wrong?

I'm stoned and took some pics. I watered them last night. I think I could have waited another day.

I'm not an expert but I KNOW this first one is a female. I see some hairs close to the stem. I have to get a better camera so I can show you guys, my cell is a pos when it comes to close ups.

Plant 1.
p.jpeg

Plant 2.
p4.jpeg

I thought this would be a cool pic
p2.jpeg

How long can I keep this in the veg stage?

Up until 2 weeks ago, The plants started out on 5-100 watt equivalent cfl's that had reflectors(ill try to find a pic of that setup) But once the hps light came in the mail, i figured the hps would be better than the cfl's. Am I wrong?

Wrong no, it's a matter of opinion. HPS is famous for what it does in the flowering stage but CFL's have shown on this site to be very productive. I'm using CFL's the whole way through but I have very limited space at this point.

CfL's for vegging can save you money at the very least.

in my humble opinion you don't want up high you want low and dense. do some bending and tie down branches to maximize. you will get more big budz this way.

in my humble opinion you don't want up high you want low and dense. do some bending and tie down branches to maximize. you will get more big budz this way.

Thanks for the tip. Is there a wright up on bending and tie down branches? This is the first I have heard of it. Making them low and dense, how low are we talking about? The two biggest ones are about a foot tall and look pretty dense.

I took of the five same sized plants out of the closet, and put it in a grow box which had 2 100 watt cfls in it to compare with the hps light.

m110.JPG

The plant that was under the clf's did better! Bushier and longer/fatter leaves but its 1.5 shorter than the one with the hps. After that, I put another pant in there and added two more lights.

Here are some close up pics of the plants in the box.

m36.JPG

m210.JPG

are you giving any veg ferts? You might wanna look into fish emulsion and some good organic plant food for those purple stems.

Back
Top Bottom