Very First Grow: G13 Haze, White Widow & some bagseed

alwaysbuzzed

I found this place about a week ago while searching for growing info. I've spent the last few days reading everything I could on the subject. there is so much information on this site its amazing, not propaganda or marking, just straight facts and info from a bunch of smart and helpful people. its very refreshing!

After absorbing so much info from this site I felt I should give back a little by sharing my first grow with the community.

I've been trying to grow own my own now for about 3 weeks but haven't had much luck. I started out with just placing some old seeds from my bag into soil I took from my back yard. Either the seeds where too old, the soil was no good or something else happened because nothing sprouted... thats when I started to research.

Unfortunatley I purchaused a bunch of supplies (lights, soil, ect) from a local LARGE home improvement center before getting info from this site. so this grow might be somewhat limitted by my materials.

I did do one thing right hopefully and that was to order some quality seeds. I got 10 g13 haze, 10 white widow and 5 free seeds from a vendor in amsterdamn. the seeds finally arrived the day after xmas and I began my grow.

I started out using 5 WW, 5 G13 & 3 of the free seeds. All the WW seeds sprouted quickly, so did all the free seeds. The G13 Haze seeds haven't done squat though. So I tried germinating and planting the other five seeds I had and so far only 1 has shown signs of life. mean while the WW and free seeds are starting to move.

Below you'll see pics of the free & WW seeds. I haven't organized the pics but I do plan to label and name the plants soon.

DSC02182.JPG

DSC02169.JPG

DSC02177.JPG

DSC02176.JPG

DSC02175.JPG

the bottom leaf of the right of this plant isn't looking too good.

DSC02173.JPG

DSC02174.JPG

DSC02172.JPG

DSC02171.JPG

this is the result of using soil from my back yard and old bagseed...

DSC02183.JPG

and this is the very first sign of life from one of the G13 haze seeds...

DSC021791.JPG

hopefully this is another...

DSC02180.JPG

thats all for now.

DaMagoMan, I have the lights about 5" from the tops of the cups.
should I go lower?

DSC02184.JPG

DSC02186.JPG

these are the bulbs I'm using. They're 48" long and I have four of them.

DSC02185.JPG

they put out somewhere in the 3000 lumes each. unfortunatley I bought some growing supplies before I found this site.

Should I trans plant each one of those suckers in its own 6" pot? if so, what kind of soil should I use? I bought some merical grow at the store but from what I've been reading on here its actually garbage

Nice start. Take your time to plan the layout and equipment. I just started and I wish I had spent more time planning the layout and equipment. I am using hydroponics ebb and flow with T5 ligths for veg and 400w HPS for flowering.

DaMagoMan are there any soil mixes available from the major home improvement centers (ie Lowes, Home Depot) that are good? I don't really have access to any hydro stores and I'd like to re-pot these plants in the next day or so.

southernboy30, I've been researching in the grow room section and will be making a thread asking for everyones input on how to design/setup my room.

thanks for the advices so far everyone.

actually buzzed you could get the cheap stuff from walmart or homedepot, they worked fine for both of my grows and they were under $5 each.. <-nice for a poor mans grow, just check out their selection.. good luck:ganjamon:

Welcome AB to 420
and next time,
fill those containers almost to the top.
I agree, the stem may become to lanky, too soon, fill the cups with more soil when possible or next time.

I just switched them over to bigger 6" pots filled to the top, but I still have them in MG soil since its all I have ATM. I plan to put them in 5 gallon buckets once I figure out what sex I'm working with, at that time I'll grab so organic soil.

omizzle757, what kind of soil did you get @ home depot?

over half the plants look like they are pretty lanky I wonder how that going to affect their growth.

I just switched them over to bigger 6" pots filled to the top, but I still have them in MG soil since its all I have ATM. I plan to put them in 5 gallon buckets once I figure out what sex I'm working with, at that time I'll grab so organic soil.

omizzle757, what kind of soil did you get @ home depot?

over half the plants look like they are pretty lanky I wonder how that going to affect their growth.

wow we have the same inch pot wo0ot !

LOL and soil i think...well i took mine from outside from someones flower pot.. hehe

finally I'm seeing some growth from my G13 haze seeds. I have two of the little guys transplanted into 6" pots from their solo cups and it looks like 2-3 other are breaking ground currently. I got my fingers crossed.

here are some pics of my kids in their new homes. these are both WW and bagseed weed, can you tell which is which??

DSC02214.JPG

DSC02215.JPG

DSC02219.JPG

DSC02220.JPG

and here is a shot of my G13 Haze sprout...

DSC02216.JPG

DSC02218.JPG

any of the experts see something that should be changed or adjusted?

Right now I'm only giving them bottled water, they are getting their nutes from the MG soil.

Back
Top Bottom