There's the Pure Power Plant (PPP) growing in my closet

TxState

Well guys im back with my second grow... This time around im growing fem. Pure Power Plant (PPP) from Nirvana. I ordered 5 fem seeds but im very disapointed in Nirvana. Only one of the seeds they sent me even looks half mature. The other four seeds dont even have stripes, half the size of the others, and overall pathetic. Im not very impressed with nirvana, for $40 bucks for just five seeds you would think these people would be smart/kind/knowledgeable enough to at least send me mature seeds.

With that being said, only three of the five seeds germinated (paper towel method). Stats of this grow:

Walk-in closet grow
Seeds planted on 1/14/2008
Strain = Pure Power Plant (PPP)
Soil = Fox Farms Ocean Forest
Nutes = FF grow big, then big bloom, along with seaweed.
Lighting = 4 foot fluorescents for entire grow, 24 hours of light for veg, 12 for flowering.

Not much to look at right now, but heres a pic... Can't wait for this grow to take off, im really excited to see how this turns out :popcorn: :peace:

txstateppp.jpg

16 days old, starting 1/3 nutes feeding today with seaweed and FF Grow Big. Fluorescent light 4 inches from plants on 24 hours. Im also thinking about transplanting them today or really soon into 3 gallon pots. What do you guys think?

ppp16days.jpg

ppp16days1.jpg

They do look good! Yeah, I would transplant soon. ;-) I'm pretty disappointed with Nirvana, too. Most of the seeds I had sprout had the leaves stuck together, and I had to manually pull them apart. Not impressed with the genetics either.

txstate hey welcome back and congrats on ur 1st grow... good choice with the PPP only heard and seen good things from this stain.. Good luck and may the cannabis gods be with you lol,...:cool:

plants are looking good i am growing six of them now they are 35 days into flowering and look good . however im super impressed yet my mandala speed queens looked 3 times better than these. plants seemed to stretch on some . mine are growing under a 600w hps . if u would like a peak let me know ill post some pics for you. on a side note though these are some very sticky plants right from the get go .

6 0f the 10 seeds i got germinated however i did get 12 clones so i can keep this strain going if i like it but i dont think ill buy from nervana again. i went to seedbay and got a 10 pack of greenhouse seeds sativa mix all fem for 53usd delivered so im really looking forward to harvesring and gettting these going.

TxState, can you really tell by looking at the seeds especially the striping if they are good or not? The stripes can be rubbed off. NO??? Just checking.

Well guys im back with my second grow... This time around im growing fem. Pure Power Plant (PPP) from Nirvana. I ordered 5 fem seeds but im very disapointed in Nirvana. Only one of the seeds they sent me even looks half mature. The other four seeds dont even have stripes, half the size of the others, and overall pathetic. Im not very impressed with nirvana, for $40 bucks for just five seeds you would think these people would be smart/kind/knowledgeable enough to at least send me mature seeds.

With that being said, only three of the five seeds germinated (paper towel method).

This is quite depressing to hear... I just started germinating my 5 PPP seeds that I got through Nirvana for my first grow. Hopefully all 5 will germinate, but we'll see I guess.

Anyways good luck with your grow! You're first grow actually was the inspiration for me to start growing. I'll be using a 4' 4 bulb T5 flouro system with seperate veg/flower bulbs with the same soil and similar nutes. I'll definitely be watching your grow so I can compare - haha!

hey thanks guys for the compliments! I transplanted them into 3 gal pots 5 days ago and there doing pretty good, although I would have thought they would be bigger than they are right now... i'll post pics a little later this weekend!

Well hello there homies, long time reader, first time writer. All you guys seem really cool and helpfull so I thought I'd pick the brains of you knowledgable folk.

I started 1st grow just over a week ago with some feminised WW's that I got from the web. think i have problems already. She has 4 main leaves nad about 10 small ones so far but the bigger they get the more they curl down inwards towards the stem. dont look right.

I am using a 125w CFL 6500k and 2 crappy 13w CFL's. Growing in a closet by the way so temp is fairly constant.

Checked and ph is about 6.5. think thats ok. been giving her pure mineral water and have tried not to over do it. only watered twice since germ (1 wk old now). wondering does she maybe need nutes already. the soil says it can sustain growth for up to 5 weeks though. leaves also slightly yellow at tips. maybe its too much stress. Had to move because the missus doesn't approve. meant i changed from 24/0 to 18/6 2 days ago.

If more info needed for diagnosis let me know. I'll post a pic as soon as i can. Till then..........

Very confused
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Well hello there homies, long time reader, first time writer. All you guys seem really cool and helpfull so I thought I'd pick the brains of you knowledgable folk.

I started 1st grow just over a week ago with some feminised WW's that I got from the web. think i have problems already. She has 4 main leaves nad about 10 small ones so far but the bigger they get the more they curl down inwards towards the stem. dont look right.

I am using a 125w CFL 6500k and 2 crappy 13w CFL's. Growing in a closet by the way so temp is fairly constant.

Checked and ph is about 6.5. think thats ok. been giving her pure mineral water and have tried not to over do it. only watered twice since germ (1 wk old now). wondering does she maybe need nutes already. the soil says it can sustain growth for up to 5 weeks though. leaves also slightly yellow at tips. maybe its too much stress. Had to move because the missus doesn't approve. meant i changed from 24/0 to 18/6 2 days ago.

If more info needed for diagnosis let me know. I'll post a pic as soon as i can. Till then..........

Very confused
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

The grow FAQ section on this site will be more use to you.... try creating your own thread with your above questions. I wish you good luck with your grow.

Hey guys the plants are now 27 days old and they are 5-6" tall and looking healthy. I am now wondering when I should switch to flowering... I want as good as yeild as I can get with these plants with the setup I have. I was thinking let them get around 16" before switching to flowering?? What do you guys think?

I have read your "Poor Mans Grow' journal and I'm actively reading this journal too. I have to say i am very impressed. I have learned alot through both your journals and hopefully when i find the right location, i can grow some nice White Widow / PPP MJ plants!

I have some questions for you though:

1. How often did you water your plants in both stages?

2. Also can you provide me with a brief time line of your grow? For Example:

Germinating Stage
Veg Stage
Flowering Stage
Drying Stage
Curing Stage

Also any other stages i have missed.

Good luck on this grow!

I have read your "Poor Mans Grow' journal and I'm actively reading this journal too. I have to say i am very impressed. I have learned alot through both your journals and hopefully when i find the right location, i can grow some nice White Widow / PPP MJ plants!

I have some questions for you though:

1. How often did you water your plants in both stages?

2. Also can you provide me with a brief time line of your grow? For Example:

Germinating Stage
Veg Stage
Flowering Stage
Drying Stage
Curing Stage

Also any other stages i have missed.

Good luck on this grow!

Hey thanks... well I just watered my plants when they needed it. Always let the soil dry completly before watering again, feel for moisture about 3-5 inches below the top soil and if it is dry then they need to be watered. Also the plants need/take up a lot more water as they get bigger. I would say in veg once every 3 days and once every 2 days in flowering.

As for a timeline of my old grow... hmmm I don't really remember that very well, lol. You could read all of it.. it's all in there, but I know it's kinda a lot to read. So from what I can remember is was like:

Germinating Stage 3 days
Veg Stage 6 weeks?
Flowering Stage almost 9 weeks
Drying Stage 7 days
Curing Stage cured 3 weeks after harvasting, and been curing ever sence, and I can tell at about the 2 month mark the bud was at its most potent.

Hopes this helps! Good luck.

:bong:

Back
Top Bottom