My First Grow 2.4m x 1.2m x 2m Grow Tent 600w HID

DrTentgrow

Hi all i'm still waiting on clones but i thought i will start my journal any way.

Secret jardin dark room grow tent (2.4m x 1.2m x 2m)

AIR
150mm 720 m3/h extractor fan and carbon filter.
100mm 300 m3/h intake fan.
100mm 300 m3/h extractor fan sucking the hot air from my cool tube.
10" circulation fan.
Primair fan controller and thermostat.
All insulated ducting.

Light
Lumitek 600w digital switchable ballast.
hps bulb.
MH bulb.
125mm Cool tube hood.
2x 250w cfl's.
2x blue spectrum bulbs.

Soil Pots ect.. 16x 11l square pots.
canna terra pro plus soil.
canna nutes.
large heated propagator.
1 m3 drip tray.
electric ph tester.

Irrigation
120L water butt.
circulation pump.
5000L/hour submersible pump with watering wand attached.
100w tank heater.

I have spent £1600 on my setup.
as this will be my first grow i will be very appreciative of any comments/criticism.

DSC002381.jpg

primair.jpg

prop1.jpg

extractor.jpg

Looks good dr. it is nice to see a well thought out room before you even have your cuttings yet....Most are the opposite.... Nice set up you have going there.... looking forward to seeing that tent fill up.... Good luck and Welcome....

Thanx Be IRIE.
im going by the whole if there's a job worth doing its worth doing properly! ive been wanting to grow for age's and i have been reading about it for years. up untill now it's only been money stopping me. as info/research is free i thought i might aswell invest the time in hammering this priceless infomation into my brain. also i had a bad break up with a girlfriend of 5 years and learning about growing become next to a obsession :) i saw it as my new thing to keep me going and its doing just that it is a great hobby!

Nice setup. I am a newbie and on my first grow as well but with the fans in the tent is that not going to make the heat an issue?

I am heading in to town today 2 pick up 10 dutch passion feminized white widow seeds. i will start germinating them when i get home and keep you guys posted on my progress. Thanks for the interest i will try to be as detailed and accurate as i can when progressing through my journal.

Ok so i decided not to wait 2 weeks for some clones and instead i bought 10 feminized white widow seeds from dutch passion. i have also bought 4 random seeds from my local gardening shop its ten minutes away from me and they have a wide range of strains and sell the seeds separately which is very handy!! the 4 random seeds aren't feminized but I'll wait to see what lady luck brings me hopefully it will be er.. ladys :)

Not to exciting but here are some pictures of my seeds pre-soaking in mineral water.

i will post new pictures as soon as they sprout.

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/germinate11.JPG

Dr tent nice grow tent. I'm going to be setting my tent up this weekend. Lol I have feminised white widow and g13 haze. Are you going to let your plants grow normal or our you going to do lst, sog or scrog?

My seeds waiting to germinate.

DSC00250.JPG

My seeds have germinated and i have planted them in john Innes seed soil mix.
i didn't take any pictures of the seeds sprouting because my phone was playing up.

DSC002621.JPG

I have put my sprouted seeds in my propagator so the added humidity helps keep the soil evenly moist. my temperature is pretty stable at around 25 degrees Celsius. and humidity is above 80.

DSC00258.JPG

The soil seems very dense i don't know if it's normal or if Ive over watered it.

I'm a bit partial to the tent grows... :)

Looking forward to seeing this progress. +reps for the research up front. I like pupils who do their homework.. lol

However I'm a bit jealous you can just run to the store and pickup seeds..

As the plants flower out you may find that all that duct work running low is taking up valuable realestate in the tent. But you do have more space than I got. Is that the dr240w? 3'11 x 7'10? I'm looking at the one as we speak for my new ebb/grow. I want something that will hold the 12 pots and controller.

Nice work though on getting it all together up front. :goodjob:

Hello Mcbudz i agree with you on the ducting down low taking up space the only reason that is on the picture is because i bodged some 150mm ducting on the 100mm y pipe because i'd run out of 100mm to see what the intake air would be like once split in half. I have taken that off and will be putting 100mm ducting on instead i will attach it to the walls of my tent about a foot high around the perimeter with the smaller ducting it won't take up as much space. I think the space i will be losing will be worth it to have fresh air ushered in from below the plants. I'm going to put little holes all around the ducting so air will be gently dispersed around my ladies.

Back
Top Bottom