Chameleon's First Soil Grow 2 CHRONIC

Chameleon1

DAY 1

Hey everybody!

I'm about 1 week into vegging.

I'm Growing 2 Cloned Chronic Plants that I got from a friend. They were already rooted in some dixie cups when I got them.

Um some specifics on the plant/grow =

50% Indica, 50% Sativa
400-600G yield
8 weeks of flowering
Soil Mix = Scott's Potting Soil, Perlite, Cow Manure, Sand
Nutes = I'll be using the FF Grow Big, Tiger Bloom
Water = Tap water left out for 24 hours
Lighting = Currently Under some CFLS - I'm gonna be using a 400 HPS hopefully, I can get a really great deal on one I just need to come up with the money.
Space = An actually rather large closet but I will only be using a corner. The A/C unit is located inside of this closet which actually keeps the temps in my closet at about 75-80* all day. I don't know how it will do when I put the HPS in there we will have to address the issue when it arises.

I have been watering about every 2 days, With enough water to make it run from the holes in the bottom.

This is my First grow everyone so any words of encouragment or advice would be greatly appreciated :grinjoint:

Please excuse the pictures. Its a 2.0 Megapixel Cell Phone Camera

SSPX0114.jpg

SSPX0116.jpg

Scotts potting soil has time release nutes that don't suit cannabis. Scotts is made by Miracle Grow, so it's probably the same stuff. The one reason I don't buy their products. I wouldn't have added the manure, as it may be too hot for your seedlings. That and the time release nutes could be the reason for the yellowing on the lower leaves. I would transplant immediately. Even some cheap soil that you can add perlite to will be better than that stuff. I bought a huge 40lb bag of soil for $4 and never had a problem with it. If ya have the money though look into getting some Fox Farm Ocean Forest. It's the best. ;-)

Thank you for the quick reply Ms. Fox.

They have been in the Dixie cups the whole first week I had them so They are still going on that soil. I'm transplating today so tell me what you think.

After reading your post I ran out to see my potting ingredients and I was mistaken. I am using Earth-Gro Potting Soil. I will put pictures up later after they get done uploading.

Is that soil Ok? And also when you say the manure is "hot" do you mean nutrient wise and also what about if its only a handful in a 1 gallon pot?

Before I read this I transplanted into the Earth-Gro Potting Soil with a heavy mix of perlite, very lite sand, and about handful of manure. Then watered litely with FF Grow Big 1 spoon in a Gallon container of distilled water.

Do I need to remix this and change them out of it?

Also a friend is donating the use of a 2FT T-5 Fixture to the project. That goes up later today :grinjoint:

Thanks in advance for all your help!!!

Looks good. The soil looks fine. As long as it doesn't say "Feeds up to (1-6months)". You don't need to fertilize seedlings until they are about 2 weeks old. Looking forward to the new lights! Your plants are gonna love it.

By the way the transplant and all the watering and such was done at day 13 of me having the clones. I'm just catching up to where I need to be, all posts from now will be concurent from the grow. I will most likely be posting every watering :bong:

Ok so I got my new T-5 hooked up and running with the old cfl on the side. The CFL probably won't last long, my friend is most likely gonna pick it up but we will see. Maybe I can add some extra Cfls on both sides and see what happens..?

Will this be enough light to flower and get a decent amount of harvest off?

Let me know what you all think!!!

SSPX01391.jpg

SSPX01381.jpg

SSPX01371.jpg

UPDATE:

After carefully considering my finances for next month, I will be able to afford the 400 watter HPS to flower these babies with. I'm currently using a 2 ft 6 bulb High Output T-5 fixture. Also is a single 42w CFL. I have these lights on 24/0. They are looking decent after the transplant. No new drooping in the leaves. If any thing they look to have perked up. In 2 weeks do you think I will be able to pull some clones? I sure hope these plants get bushier. I don't see how they can produce 400-800g a harvest at this point. I'm thinking i'm gonna go into flower in not july 4th but the following saturday.

I'll get some more pictures up when I check on the babies tomorrow. A buddy brought some hash through and i'm so blazed I don't even wanna mess with pictures as of now.

Hello again,

Today I decided to give them some water. This was just plain distilled water no nutes i'm sure they aren't that hungry after the transplant and the little water w/ FFGB in it that i gave them.

They look alot better as I stated earlier. There was new green coming out of the bottom leaves where the leaves were dieing. I decided I would cut off the dead and see if the new green comes out nice.

The one 42 W CFL I have in there I put on a box so most of the light wasn't hitting the pots now. Hopefully this helps the new growth.

Here are some pictures of the plants.

SSPX0141.jpg

SSPX0142.jpg

SSPX0143.jpg

SSPX0144.jpg

SSPX0145.jpg

SSPX0146.jpg

SSPX0147.jpg

Any comments?? Words of encouragement??? :Rasta:

After checking on my babies this morning the yellowing in some of the greener leaves is more pronounced. Its yellowing from the edges in i'm guessing as the stem for the leaves is still green. There is a good picture of it above you should see it I believe its the last one...

They are looking kinda droopy. I think I'm gonna just give them some normal distilled water and see what happens I should be able to see some improvment before I go to work Tonight.

Pictures tommorrow I'm thinking ;)

Hey everyone! Update with about 8 pictures.

I introduced some LST into my garden. You will see in the pictures. There was some curling on the upper leaves maybe it was from heat not sure... Thats what my friend said. Also got 2 more clones in. Its the same strain, Some more specifics on the strain is this =

"Chronic cannabis seeds is the plant to grow when yield and quality are top concerns. Mostly an Indica this plant can produce up to 600 grams per m2 while not compromising quality. Chro nic has a strong high with a heavy resin content. Smokers that know and grow choose this plant for both appearance and it?s sweet scent. Winner of 3 place hydro division in the 1994 High Times Cannabis Cup, this is Chronic cannabis seedsally the best rd choice for growers that are tired of loosing quality when gaining yield. Indica/Sativa bred with powerful effect and sweet smell in mind. Quality without compromise, serious flower power!
Specifications: ~ Mostly Indica, Flowering time: 60-67 days, Yield: 400-600 grams/m2? ? Serious Seeds catalog" (Courtesy of cannabismjseeds.com)

There will be about 8 pictures later on in the post. A fellow grower/long time friend had a couple comments. He said that it seemed to be my soil was to tight? I haven't packed it at all I areated(sp) the soil before transplanting them and I have just watered.... Also he said my plants are not looking healthy... Let me know what you guys think??!?!?!

SSPX0149.jpg

SSPX0150.jpg

SSPX01511.jpg

SSPX0152.jpg

This is the Wilting that he thought might be a heat issue.

SSPX0153.jpg

SSPX0154.jpg

SSPX0155.jpg

SSPX0156.jpg

SSPX0157.jpg

SSPX0158.jpg

Just a quicky for ya.....

I'm really starting to like this LST stuff. Over the night in the closet my plants had some extremely significant growth. I will post a couple pictures later but it is so amazing.

On another note I wake up to the dogs having shit twice and pissed once in my house!!! Thank GOD for tile.... My carpet would have had to been replaced more than once in here :(

I'll be looking forward to see how this turns out, Esp the little clones. I was just wondering? how close are your lights? I'm a new grower myself and i've read over and over again that you should put the lights as close (especailly CFL's)as possible without burning the plants. So raise those clones up a little closer by putting the cups on top of some boxes or books or something. Otherwise, I'd have to say that the older plants sure grew tall quick! :slide::goodjob::peace: Musik \\\vVv///

Musik = Ya I have a shoe box i'm gonna throw under them clones to raise them up a little bit. It was rediculous how they got so tall so fast!!! GL on your grow ill check it out after I post this update. Also the clones that I got late were a suprise I had no idea they were coming a friend basically call me up and said he was bringing bitches over ha ha :grinjoint:

Well there was some awesome growth last night. I have included some pictures of my babies. There is some new growth on one of the clones... makes me think she has already rooted some. Also on one of the plants 2 whole new shoots shot out after the LST I did last night. I gave them some water today. About a half gallon of distilled water and a quarter gallon of distilled water with FF Grow big. The clones were still pretty moist so I will leave them for a day or so.

Without further adue.... New PiCtUrEs!!! :smokin:

SSPX0159.jpg

Take a look at this. Does this look set right? I'm moving to 18/6 now... Or should I leave it at 24/0 because of the baby clones?

SSPX0160.jpg

SSPX0161.jpg

SSPX0162.jpg

SSPX0163.jpg

SSPX0164.jpg

SSPX0165.jpg

Put the Clones on top of a shoe box turned side ways so they are pretty close to that light. I Knocked over one of the clones in the process she was still in the cup just some of the dirt and balls fell out. I threw them back on top. I'm gonna water them tomorrow at about 5 so my water will be dechlorinated. I hope I didn't kill that clone. That was the one that was already showing signs of growth too :(

Thats unfortunate bro, I wish i could help ya out.
Have the clones been rooted before you got them? What was your procedure for the clones. Maybe an expert might have some help after they know that information.
My only advice thus far would be lights as close as possible, and mess with the plants as little as possible, and if you can get some sort of breeze going through the plants do that, via wind or fan.
I would have to say, and im no expert, that you could still get the tops off of the plants you have. Maybe someone else will have better advice. Until then....

:bigtoke:
Musik \\\vVv/// :peace:

I have been getting my clones from a friend/fellow grower. I'm not exactly sure what method they use to do it but I have been getting them in a normal cup with holes in the bottom and they haven't been rooted yet. I have a fan in there blowing on all of them. I don't think I'm gonna do any topping. I built a new box that I'm gonna use for vegging with 4 42w CFLS in it. So I will be taking clones from them b4 they go into flower. I'll post some pictures tomorrow. This is day 2 of 18/6.... Hopefully they like it.

Props for the effort you're putting into your first grow bro!!!! Man if heard great things about T-5's. Now I do have a suggestion. Its very important to monitor your pH level, over the years I've learned this. For example, I just grab my water at a local store like wal-mart. The Distilled water they sale ranges in pH levels. I've found some gallons as high as 9 and as low as 8. You want your MJ's water at 6 maybe a few tenths higher no more than 6.5. This creates a nice balanced inviroment which promotes great root growth!! If you have access to a local hydro shop you'll want to grab a pH kit. I've also invested in a digi pH reader for the most accurate results, but the test strips will sufice.
You see how those main stems are really "purple"? Thats another sign that your pH is off and my guess is too high. Thats probably why your clones had a tough time. Good luck and I'll keep watching!!

What's up bro? I actually had this journal bookmarked, I guess the name didn't ring a bell. Good luck on your grow, I'd offer advice but I'm just about in the same spot you are. Anyone in the IE know where I can get some meds? Nobody is answering their phone, I guess it is kinda late lol...

Back
Top Bottom