Lets say I have a successful grow? How can I sell my extra buds to recover expenses?

dewild1

Most of the stores that I tried to sell my extra stuff too say they are a coop and do not buy from outside sources...

So how do I sell my high quality medication to help cover my expenses?

Craigslist?
Open up my own dispensary??

I will be growing about 50 pounds with 5 of my friends...
I was really hoping to be able to sell some but if I can not sell to the dispensaries, what can I legally do to sell or where can I?
Funds are limited so opening a store is not possible.

Thank you for your advice.

Re: Lets say I have a successful grow? How can I sell my extra buds to recover expens

What, no one has any ideas how to make money in this game?:thanks:

Re: Lets say I have a successful grow? How can I sell my extra buds to recover expens

far as i know you are on a tight rope. be careful, i do believe its all very illegal. no matter what card you have. i posses a state card but actually i dont think it means much!
tryin to help others is very commendable! getting in trouble for such a jesture just dosent make sence!
join a coop, still not legal but it shows you are tryin to help.
sorry not more positive

far as i know you are on a tight rope. be careful, i do believe its all very illegal. no matter what card you have. i posses a state card but actually i dont think it means much!
tryin to help others is very commendable! getting in trouble for such a jesture just dosent make sence!
join a coop, still not legal but it shows you are tryin to help.
sorry not more positive

Any info helps.. Thank you.

Your question made me think, and the more I thought about it, the more it offended me.
Why do you need 50 pounds of pot (10 pounds each)??
Expenses? If you grew less, like the amount for yourself and a few freinds, the expenses would be next to nothing.
Your whole statement reeks of greed and ignorance. "How can I make enough money to pay for me to sell weed to make money to grow more weed so I can get money money money... bla bla.."
Many of us have been fighting the drug war for 25 years and if we can change the perception that greed and drugs are synonomous then we will have a good chance of decriminalizing pot. But as long as we got drug dealers looking for big profits peddling pot, not for the sake of the movement or the compassion of the sick, but drivin strictly by greed, we will never change the perception that it is synonomys with greed and street level violence.
Here is a thought... Grow 50 pounds and give it all away! No? Why not? Because money is more important than your fellow man.
Yes I feel similarily about dispenseries.

Here is my suggestion, grow enough to keep you and your friends high every day until the next crop.

I know I offend, but not my intent. Your opinion is equal to mine, you expressed yours and I expressed mine.

Jonny

My friends smoke A LOT of pot. Like $100 a day, X 5 people, and I bet they will all smoke their 10 pounds each in 3-4 months.

Seriously, they smoke more pot than anyone else I know. They are high 24/7 and only smoke the medical stuff. They are so picky, they will not even smoke outdoor weed.

It's me who does not smoke that much, maybe once or twice a week, when I have to get out of bed or sit or stand for more than 20 - 30 min and only when I am not dealing with clients (because of the smell and no one wants a stoned computer guy).
I am a computer programmer and I lay in bed in a way that I do not have to take anything for the pain. But, like today, I am out of bed, I had to take 4 pain pills. I hate taking pills and they are expensive, (no medical).
I have tried the brownies and they gave me about 6-8 hours of pain free bliss and I plan on making oil and butter with my 10 plants.

I do hope I will grow enough to pay the electric bill, because it will go up about $500 a month for the 50 plants.

I see nothing wrong with that..
BTW, the 50 pounds is a hopeful 50 pounds, I have never done a grow before, but the special bubble deep water system I made should be able to pull a pound a plant from what I have read.

Dewild, Your response answers a few questions and clarifies your situation. I also understand the cost to grow... I just hope that you can understand the negatives to growing for profit and how your statement could have been interpreted this way.
As far as a solution to your delema... If the garden is at your house then your friends should pay for thier share of expenses. If you have zero money then ask one of your friends to cover your costs and give them 10% of your share. If it is at your house then you do deserve credit for the risk and work.
I hope everything works out for you.

Jonny

Thanks and I understand how I might have come off that way, but am not out for a popularity contest:grinjoint:, I am just out for real world situations that could lead me to a way to recover my costs; as for my friends, I owe them, and they have worked hard for this grow too, and I want to find a way to break even.
Thats all, peace...

I read this chain and was getting ready to do the same ass-chewin as Johnny but then reading on, I am only slightly offended.

The #1 way people get busted is by attempting to do sales. There is no lawful sales in CA.

Recovering costs associated to a co-op is included so that the "equal share" for things like electricity is allowable. The moment you have product in exchange for cash, you have gone into the gray area.

50 lbs really???? What I would do is slap your stoner friends in the face and say, WTF.

I don't want to debate it but outside and with the sun, your lighting bill is free btw. You could do a small indoor space for taste and then get bulk outside.

Build a pvc tent that can be manually covered each day at 7 pm and opened up at 7 am and then work the free energy.

The city police and county sheriffs watch for attempted sales like the ones you are referring to.

Oh and you have no defense with a 215 recommendation or sb420 card. Medical necessity is the standard the DA uses and the moment you go over their stipulated standard, 6 plants per person, you are game for prosecution.

The "I smoke 1/2 ounce a day every day and I am stoned all the time" defense will not work. They call that the "I grew way too much dope and have an excuse to get put in jail" defense.

I am as "pro-420" as you can get these days, but it is this type of thing that lacks maturity and grace and reason.

You can do it, hell, you will probably have no trouble, but if you do run into "the man" every one of you and your friends will be found guilty and sentenced to some form of incarceration.

My suggestion would be to stop broadcasting online and do what you think is right, without excuses. But first you have got to accept reality, if you get caught with the type of #'s you are quoting, you better hold your head high in court and defend with honor, most likely you will be wishing you had never made such a mistake in life, "hindsight"...

with respectful disagreement to your position,
McCrackin

Thank you McCrackin & Jonny. I really appreciated the honest feedback and discussion.
The El Dorado county guidelines, directly from the DA, state,
10 plants per script, one mother, for indoors.
1 pound processed.
or 20 plants outdoors, one mother. (and some other stuff about seasons)
1 pound processed.

I am 99% sure that I can grow 50 indoors with 5 people in the house with scripts.
I could do 54, but want to be safe.

If the indoor plants, through technology, yields 1.5 pounds a plant, compared to the OLD 1000 watt to 1 pound guidelines, that is not my fault, right?:slide:

The only thing I have not figured out, and now it seems very clear, if I sell anything, I can get busted and it's against everything I believe in with the 420, 215 and medical marijuana. After all, it has changed my 4 friends lives and when I can afford it, it helps me get out of a life of being confined to a bed.

It just sucks, the 420 law, or was it 215, said I could sell some to help recover costs, I think, but I will take your word for it.

It sure is confusing, three dispensaries just opened up down the street and you see people selling to other medical marijuana patience all day long via craigslist and through a storefront.

youve many things to watch out for. leagal is one thing but sick folks are sick folks. recoupin funds sounds great. donating and getting help when your dry is ever better. dont ever get greedy, youll pay for it everytime. the end is always closer than you think. be safe is the only goal you should have. its easy thinkin what could be, what happens if there is a prob. with the grow and you loose 35%. especially after all the time and money youve invested. expect the unexpected.
never what ya want to hear.

Wow man, I just don't see anyone really needing to grow that much, and if there is 5 of you with cards in the house and you are all entitled to the amount per laws guidelines, you will also have to put into account that you and the other friends have probably talked about it to others, who have also talked to others, and so on. You will really need to invest in some full time security too, because people are watching and I'm sure too many people already know about your "Idea" and everybody knows somebody who has been screwed or ripped off.....You may become a HUGE target. Its just my thoughts man, also don't think you will have a 100% ratio with your grow, meaning no issues, problems, or even getting ripped off...I would like to think I know everything but the truth is, I don't and my first grow is proof along with many others I know and have read about...Personally, I would just worry about taking care of yourself and I can guarantee you too many ears have already heard about it...:goodluck:

Wow man, I just don't see anyone really needing to grow that much, and if there is 5 of you with cards in the house and you are all entitled to the amount per laws guidelines, you will also have to put into account that you and the other friends have probably talked about it to others, who have also talked to others, and so on. You will really need to invest in some full time security too, because people are watching and I'm sure too many people already know about your "Idea" and everybody knows somebody who has been screwed or ripped off.....You may become a HUGE target. Its just my thoughts man, also don't think you will have a 100% ratio with your grow, meaning no issues, problems, or even getting ripped off...I would like to think I know everything but the truth is, I don't and my first grow is proof along with many others I know and have read about...Personally, I would just worry about taking care of yourself and I can guarantee you too many ears have already heard about it...:goodluck:

ya dude, thank you!
Trust me, these guys are old school, some even retired cops, that need meds, and I can make the best meds in this county, even if I get bugs.
Aint nobody gonna rip me off, and aint nobody but me here talking to make damn sure I am legit. (even then, through the proper proxies and then through my neighbors connection), so I know how to do things, on the low - low, and stay off all radars, be it cop or crook, and I got constant streaming of 4 cameras to my servers, that are off site, through a special vpn, so I got this!

I have made many mistakes with test grows, and I am ready for the official,100% success grow. (I will document it here, if I do it)

I am being extra careful to go light on the nuets and lights....

ya dude, thank you!
Trust me, these guys are old school, some even retired cops, that need meds, and I can make the best meds in this county, even if I get bugs.
Aint nobody gonna rip me off, and aint nobody but me here talking to make damn sure I am legit. (even then, through the proper proxies and then through my neighbors connection), so I know how to do things, on the low - low, and stay off all radars, be it cop or crook, and I got constant streaming of 4 cameras to my servers, that are off site, through a special vpn, so I got this!

I have made many mistakes with test grows, and I am ready for the official,100% success grow. (I will document it here, if I do it)

I am being extra careful to go light on the nuets and lights....

Well good luck to you...You seem to be convinced that your is going to be the one and I hope to see a positive outcome, BUT, You said that your neighbor and their "connection" are aware of the act so, DON"T TRUST ANYBODY! You cannot be with any human 24 hours a day and people talk man....And another thing, cameras only catch the person or persons in the act and not necessarily who they may be. One other thing, are you telling me that 5 old school dudes, some retired(4 not counting you) all live in a house together, and none of them have the desire to be alone and not live like a roommate existence?? If they were this old and wise, you would think that they will understand the cost issue and split costs, because your basically creating your own Co op inside your home. I also think the statement that you can make the best meds in this country is a long shot, without bugs man. How big were your test grows??? That did they produce??? Do you have any pictures you can post??? If you don't want to post pictures, can you tell me what issues you ran into in test runs that make you believe that now you can grow the best meds in the country??? I'm really not trying to be a dick man, I just think there are more obstacles than you may think and you have a long road ahead of you... But than again, who am I to tell anyone?? I just have my doubts!!:goodluck::goodluck:

Thanks and I understand how I might have come off that way, but am not out for a popularity contest:grinjoint:, I am just out for real world situations that could lead me to a way to recover my costs; as for my friends, I owe them, and they have worked hard for this grow too, and I want to find a way to break even.
Thats all, peace...

Seriously, what do you owe them?? What have they put into this to make you owe them??? If they bought lights, materials, or just miscellaneous supplies, I would say that the nutes and power is just a given and if they bought the lights and such than they can still own them, this was given to you to produce medicine right? For all of you, right? I think you wouldn't owe anyone and you would all be in this together and all under the same roof...And on top of that, I would say that if you manage to get a pound a plant times the fifty you are going to grow, you will be doing very very well and you have broke above even. If not, you need to downsize to do what you can all afford so costs aren't a huge issue. Your starting off this venture and you already owe, what have they really done, like you said "they worked hard on this grow too" and the grow isn't even off the ground yet. It isn't hard to buy lights and materials and think about scenarios, the working hard will come when the grow gets going and you have to tend to your crop, work around obstacles, and keep up with the huge operation your planning. Are they just going to live in the same house with you and make you do everything so your basically their caretaker or what? You would think they would like to be just as involved as you, I personally find growing very interesting and addicting. I'm excited and feel lucky to be able to grow and have the license to do so, and it is really educational. I really enjoy it and can't stop looking and admiring what I have done...I guess I will end this now, I have said what I needed to say and hope you don't take offense from what was said, but rather answer some of my questions if possible..I'm sure I'm not the only one scratching my head on this one:goodluck:

Well good luck to you...You seem to be convinced that your is going to be the one and I hope to see a positive outcome, BUT, You said that your neighbor and their "connection" are aware of the act so, DON"T TRUST ANYBODY! You cannot be with any human 24 hours a day and people talk man....And another thing, cameras only catch the person or persons in the act and not necessarily who they may be. One other thing, are you telling me that 5 old school dudes, some retired(4 not counting you) all live in a house together, and none of them have the desire to be alone and not live like a roommate existence?? If they were this old and wise, you would think that they will understand the cost issue and split costs, because your basically creating your own Co op inside your home. I also think the statement that you can make the best meds in this country is a long shot, without bugs man. How big were your test grows??? That did they produce??? Do you have any pictures you can post??? If you don't want to post pictures, can you tell me what issues you ran into in test runs that make you believe that now you can grow the best meds in the country??? I'm really not trying to be a dick man, I just think there are more obstacles than you may think and you have a long road ahead of you... But than again, who am I to tell anyone?? I just have my doubts!!:goodluck::goodluck:

I can not PM yet, please PM me with a way to contact you and I will tell you the details and you will understand and know I am not full of pppppppoooooooopp . Sorry, I am not willing to share with everyone, but through reading and weeks of design and thought, I have combined and developed a very special system.
50 plants, 1.5 each, (at least 1 pound each), with about 2800 watts in 3 months.

Seriously, what do you owe them?? What have they put into this to make you owe them??? If they bought lights, materials, or just miscellaneous supplies, I would say that the nutes and power is just a given and if they bought the lights and such than they can still own them, this was given to you to produce medicine right? For all of you, right? I think you wouldn't owe anyone and you would all be in this together and all under the same roof...And on top of that, I would say that if you manage to get a pound a plant times the fifty you are going to grow, you will be doing very very well and you have broke above even. If not, you need to downsize to do what you can all afford so costs aren't a huge issue. Your starting off this venture and you already owe, what have they really done, like you said "they worked hard on this grow too" and the grow isn't even off the ground yet. It isn't hard to buy lights and materials and think about scenarios, the working hard will come when the grow gets going and you have to tend to your crop, work around obstacles, and keep up with the huge operation your planning. Are they just going to live in the same house with you and make you do everything so your basically their caretaker or what? You would think they would like to be just as involved as you, I personally find growing very interesting and addicting. I'm excited and feel lucky to be able to grow and have the license to do so, and it is really educational. I really enjoy it and can't stop looking and admiring what I have done...I guess I will end this now, I have said what I needed to say and hope you don't take offense from what was said, but rather answer some of my questions if possible..I'm sure I'm not the only one scratching my head on this one:goodluck:
18 yo son, me, wife, roommate and GF of roommate, all with scripts, You have to go through 2 locked rooms, one hidden door to get into the attic.
I also have 2 friends with Dr. notes down the street, so if need be, I can call them and tell them to come over, if I got raided, to keep things way legal.

BTW, I have been gathering stuff for about a year. Just bought the CO2 and regulator last month.

18 yo son, me, wife, roommate and GF of roommate, all with scripts, You have to go through 2 locked rooms, one hidden door to get into the attic.
I also have 2 friends with Dr. notes down the street, so if need be, I can call them and tell them to come over, if I got raided, to keep things way legal.

BTW, I have been gathering stuff for about a year. Just bought the CO2 and regulator last month.

Well that gives a better insight to your situation, it is almost a family affair...There not just buddies from a bar or local hangout that had an idea over a few beers or something....Good luck, I will get with you again here soon....Got to go now...:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom