DUI...of weed? Really? Advice please

stondndrivin

So about a week ago I get pulled over for a broken tag light. Smoked a blunt about an hour before hand. Cop smelled bud, searched the car, found the roach in my buddy's pocket, took us both to jail. He got possession, I got the DUI. Any advice on what to do now?

did they pull any blood or urine?
if not, you will get off, if so, then get them to prove the pot in your system is above what is normal for you... they can't.
your buddy, if he lives in a state where you can get a medical marijuana recommendation, tell him to get one and the judge will dismiss it.

did they pull any blood or urine?
if not, you will get off, if so, then get them to prove the pot in your system is above what is normal for you... they can't.
your buddy, if he lives in a state where you can get a medical marijuana recommendation, tell him to get one and the judge will dismiss it.

And what is this "normal for you" stuff? As far as under the infuence goes, there is no established threshold of impairment established for cannabis. But I have to agree that if they did not draw a sample, it would be difficult to prove that you were under the influence. :smokin:

And what is this "normal for you" stuff? As far as under the infuence goes, there is no established threshold of impairment established for cannabis. But I have to agree that if they did not draw a sample, it would be difficult to prove that you were under the influence. :smokin:

and even then, major users, even when sober, have a higher level of thc than most. It will be hard to prove he was "high".
It stays in your system for a while.

and even then, major users, even when sober, have a higher level of thc than most. It will be hard to prove he was "high".
It stays in your system for a while.

You are totally missing my point. When it comes to alcohol, there are established BAC levels that define "impairment". There are no such accepted or established levels of thc in your system that could be defined as "impaired", therefore, ANY detectable amount is defineable as "impairment".

You are totally missing my point. When it comes to alcohol, there are established BAC levels that define "impairment". There are no such accepted or established levels of thc in your system that could be defined as "impaired", therefore, ANY detectable amount is defineable as "impairment".

dude, with over 2000 posts, respect given but, but looking past all the big words from your post, the thc levels of a person that gets high every day, builds up a tolerance, and therefore it, it being a sober, not a high it, who smokes pot 10 times a day, and he has not smoked pot for 4 hours, so he is therefore sober by any published "standard" yet tests "dirty" for a cop pee test or blood test, compared to a occasional pot smoker, who would test as "high" after one joint, yet alone bong or vaporizer hit!:Namaste:

dude, with over 2000 posts, respect given but, but looking past all the big words from your post,

Why would you want to look past them after I so carefully crafted them...

the thc levels of a person that gets high every day, builds up a tolerance, and therefore it, it being a sober, not a high it, who smokes pot 10 times a day, and he has not smoked pot for 4 hours, so he is therefore sober by any published "standard"

AGAIN, you missed the point. There are no "standards" by which you can measure how "high" someone is! Where do you get the idea that there is? As far as vehicular (big word alert) operation is concerned, the governing authorities (another big word alert) have not recognized any "standard" in regards to how much thc in your system constitiutes (bwa) "impairment".

Until the day when there is an accepted and measurable "impairment level" of thc in your system, the mere presence of thc in your system can infer impairment.

If this is stiil beyond your grasp, I can try a monosyllabic response...

I was messin with you. :goof:

AGAIN, you missed the point. There are no "standards" by which you can measure how "high" someone is! Where do you get the idea that there is? As far as vehicular (big word alert) operation is concerned, the governing authorities (another big word alert) have not recognized any "standard" in regards to how much thc in your system constitiutes (bwa) "impairment".

Until the day when there is an accepted and measurable "impairment level" of thc in your system, the mere presence of thc in your system can infer impairment.

What I was told, was that they have no standard, so I do not understand why we are arguing, when in fact that we are in agreement.
As for any thc causing "impairment", that I did not know and I thought they had to prove it, and that would be hard given no standard.:sorry:

What I was told, was that they have no standard, so I do not understand why we are arguing, when in fact that we are in agreement.
As for any thc causing "impairment", that I did not know and I thought they had to prove it, and that would be hard given no standard.:sorry:

This premise is also the protocol for the Drug-Free Workplace Act that requires employers who do business with and for the Federal Govt to drug test their employees. Employers can implement their own drug testing requirements, independent of the DFWA. In either case, if you test positive for their pre-defined thc levels, you can be denied employment and/or face disciplinary action. It's not about whether you are high, it's about if you use it or not. :grinjoint:

This premise is also the protocol for the Drug-Free Workplace Act that requires employers who do business with and for the Federal Govt to drug test their employees. Employers can implement their own drug testing requirements, independent of the DFWA. In either case, if you test positive for their pre-defined thc levels, you can be denied employment and/or face disciplinary action. It's not about whether you are high, it's about if you use it or not. :grinjoint:
It should not be this way!:scratchinghead::confused::yikes:

Well seems to me being high or having THC in your system is not technically illegal, if they didn't take a U.A sample then they messed up and it is dis-miss-able (so I have heard)... but still they have possession on your friend, best advice... LISTEN TO YOUR LAWYER! for I am not one.

That cop did you dirty. Eat the blunt roach next time. Next time don't pull over until you're sure all contraband is disposed of. That's the only way not to get a possession. It's not going to kill you. I once got a possession while operating a motor vehicle on a highway way back when so I feel I can speak to this issue. That little bugger is going to follow you around forever now. Also, it's going to probably cost you some money and maybe some jail time. Mostly what I would take out of this experience is that when you're riding always expect that you are going to be pulled over, even if just for an ID check (stop n sniff I like to call it) Mostly what I want to know is what state and if there's any hope of getting out of it with a prescription for medical marijuana when you go to court. Still, that's a DUI drugs and not just possession while operating. You might have a case. I think I would go with a public defender on this one. Not much hope.

That cop did you dirty. Eat the blunt roach next time. Next time don't pull over until you're sure all contraband is disposed of. That's the only way not to get a possession. It's not going to kill you. I once got a possession while operating a motor vehicle on a highway way back when so I feel I can speak to this issue. That little bugger is going to follow you around forever now. Also, it's going to probably cost you some money and maybe some jail time. Mostly what I would take out of this experience is that when you're riding always expect that you are going to be pulled over, even if just for an ID check (stop n sniff I like to call it) Mostly what I want to know is what state and if there's any hope of getting out of it with a prescription for medical marijuana when you go to court. Still, that's a DUI drugs and not just possession while operating. You might have a case. I think I would go with a public defender on this one. Not much hope.

A men to that, what state? It will be salvation or doom.

What he's saying here without the "big words" is that you got pulled over, your buddy had a roach on him, the car smelt like weed ect...so if they piss test you or take your blood and there's thc present in either and they bring all this evidence to court..the judge is 100% going to rull that you were indeed under the influence and you'll get the dui. I agree with the guy that said yo should have eaten the roach. Also did he perform any eye test or any dui type test like follow his finger ect...? Those are pretty big factors as well. If you failed those and they tested you and u came back positive your capital F..Fucked.

Haha, well I read the whole post and was like...he's just not getting it lol. So I figured I would try to give him a break down.

I'm not sure he ever got it....:)

Hogdaddy,
Large vocabulary, proper grammar, no spelling errors....are you a narc? :)

Just kidding. The way I see it, I sat through 16 years of education and paid for that knowledge, I am going to use it. One of saying that sticks in my mind was an English professor saying to always communicate at your own level, never write down to someone else, have them reach up to yours.

As for the legal questions, I am not a lawyer but have a lot of experience in legal matters. I get a feeling the person has made up their mind and is looking for validation that they're right. When you gave a well-reasoned explanation that was contrary to theirs, they took the defensive. The bottom line is, any amount of THC found constitutes impairment, period, end of sentence.

Aside from using big words, if I could just get one person to learn the difference between there, their and they're (they're not interchangeable).

Back
Top Bottom