Question on Colorado law

From what I understand, there is no limit to the amount of cannabis that you have harvested from your personal grow. I believe that the one ounce possession limit is when you are transporting cannabis. Anything more than one ounce/person can be prosecuted as possession with intent to distribute/sell. I know that you can gift cannabis to any adult resident of Colorado, but I sure wouldn't want to have to talk my way out of an arrest due to possessing more than an ounce outside of the home.

So if it is illegal to posses more than 1oz yet you are allowed to have up to 3 flowering plants at a time, how is that not breaking the possession limit?

The rules are anyone 21 years of age or older can possess 1 ounce of cannabis. Medical patients with a red card can possess 2 ounces. In reference to growing, any amount of cannabis is legal as long as it is on the site where it is grown. So you can transport 1 to 2 ounces depending on your medical status. And if you have a grow then you can have more than that at the grow site. :Namaste:

I was wondering if there were local regulations that could change the State Amendment 64 for growing inside a house for recreational purposes. On another thread I was told that there were some weird rules about two or more adults inside the same home having to keep the grows separate, in different rooms etc. Which from an energy perspective is ridiculous, so is the cost of building a room. Does anyone here know how I can research my county and city to find such ridiculous rules, if any? I saw nothing about this in the Amendment. Also I read that I could grow OUTSIDE recreational marijuana abiding the 3 bloom and 3 immature plants per adult. Is this true?
Thanks for your help :)

Awesome, TY for the info.

I actually don't recall where I read the rule about only three flowering plants. I was just reading the rules at the official CO.gov link ( Marijuana Retailers & Home Growers | Denver Marijuana Info ) and it doesn't say anything about a limit on flowering plants - just 6 per adult with a max of 12.
I just wanted point out that this link is based on rules for Denver City. It says that in Denver these rules apply. I noticed that they stated the three plant flowering limit in a way that is intentionally ambiguous. They also state there is a limit of 12 max plants regardless of number of adults living in the household. This seems specific to Denver as far as I know. The Amendment 64 reads 6 plants total 3 mature at any one time per adult. Other counties and cities may have no further restriction on per residence.
Also, I believe a fully enclosed locked area does not necessarily mean it needs a roof. If a roof was necessary it should be referred to as a structure. If I am wrong I hope some one will explain these things to me :)

These are rules that the City of Greeley has adopted

I see a key distinction concerning grow spaces 32 sqft total, must be on detached single family homes (I believe this eliminates apartments, condos, townhomes but I am no lawyer) Also the enclosed space is not defined.
:peace:

I later found this Amendment 64 Task Force Final Report, definitions of enclosed spaces etc on pages 95 and 96
I found good information in here :)

Yes, I have the same concern. I was charged with 5 felonies and a misdemeanor last year for growing a single plant in a spare closet in my house, and convicted of possessing a felonious amount of marijuana. (They weigh stalk, leaves and all, wet weight). After that nightmare is finished (1-year probation up soon) I want to move to Colorado so I can grow legally. Avoiding any ambiguity in the law is important, so is there any place to confirm the statements about its legal to possess as much as you grow, even as its over 1 ounce?

I've been thinking I'd have to immediately convert any grown buds over 1-ounce into oil so I could keep an ounce of bud and an ounce of oil. Would be great if it's true that you can definitely possess all you personally grow.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom