Is a civil action possible? Where to find help?

ChipperDoodle

greetings from the hills of the Adirondacks in New York State

I am 56 years old I have been smoking pot off and on for 40 years I have never had a car accident I have never stolen anything I have never killed anyone and unlike the politicians who run our country and the judges who judicate our fates I won't lie to you.

What I'm here to ask about is that if my employment is terminated because an insurance company won't insure me because of a failed drug test. That action leading to my termination of employment even though my employer was happy with my performance but had to let me go because of the insurance company citing my previous positive test for THC could this be a cause for a civil action against the insurance company. As I am now being damaged with no job being labeled as an unqualified risk, unemployable in my field of expertise, causing the denied right to life Liberty and my pursuit of what makes me happy. all and any input on this subject will be greatly appreciated

greetings from the hills of the Adirondacks in New York State

I am 56 years old I have been smoking pot off and on for 40 years I have never had a car accident I have never stolen anything I have never killed anyone and unlike the politicians who run our country and the judges who judicate our fates I won't lie to you.

What I'm here to ask about is that if my employment is terminated because an insurance company won't insure me because of a failed drug test. That action leading to my termination of employment even though my employer was happy with my performance but had to let me go because of the insurance company citing my previous positive test for THC could this be a cause for a civil action against the insurance company. As I am now being damaged with no job being labeled as an unqualified risk, unemployable in my field of expertise, causing the denied right to life Liberty and my pursuit of what makes me happy. all and any input on this subject will be greatly appreciated
Good god, that is awful. I do not understand your company's position here.

I am not a lawyer, but you might consider seeing if there are free legal services in a nearby city. Many cities have "community legal services" that provide some free consultation. You'll need an EEO or some kind of related lawyer.

Not sure exactly about ny but I'm sure it's like the rest.. Michigan is a at will employment meaning they can fire you for any reason including dropping for a drug test dirty even if your like me legal.

Back
Top Bottom